Thread: Carroll College on Sports Illustrated cover

Default Carroll College on Sports Illustrated cover

How often does the football team from a small Catholic college in Helena, Montana, make the cover of SI? Congrats to the Saints.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ver/index.html

get off the cover! its a curse, some say.
    "SLAINTE"

Quote Originally Posted by Zagme-totheleft! View Post
    get off the cover! its a curse, some say.
    Not a curse after they have won it all, only if they are on the cover before the championship.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

I played for Carroll. It was the last time we only made it to the quarter finals. Go Saints! Congratulations.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Hey JL, it must be safe to assume you had some "intestinal fortitude."

I gave up my scholarship after my freshman year because mr. Intestinal Fortitude made football such a miserable experience that I didn't even want to watch a game for the next 10 years.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Quote Originally Posted by JLGutrocks View Post
    I gave up my scholarship after my freshman year because mr. Intestinal Fortitude made football such a miserable experience that I didn't even want to watch a game for the next 10 years.
    Putter was the football coach at my high school before going to Carroll. He was also a "teacher." I did not care for him too much.

Carroll lost to Saint Xavier 14-7 in the quarter finals in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mtzaga View Post
    Putter was the football coach at my high school before going to Carroll. He was also a "teacher." I did not care for him too much.

Carroll lost to Saint Xavier 14-7 in the quarter finals in 2006.
    I stand corrected. The year I played was the '88 season. And "not caring for him too much" would be a kind euphamism for my sentiments.