Thread: Was that Big Ed doing the Cougar commercial?

Default Was that Big Ed doing the Cougar commercial?

This morning during the news, I think it was Q-6, I could have sworn I saw Big Ed doing a commercial for the "WSU hardwood classic in Seattle". Did anyone else see it or was I dreaming?
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

As he had posted a week or so ago, a guy looking to make a living in Hollywood doesn't get too picky.

I find it interesting that the Coogs looked to a Zag to hype their hoops.

Yeah, what's the deal? Was Ehlo too busy?

Default The Coug's need all the help they can get

The cougs are really becoming annoying. 3 years ago they were paying students to attend their basketball games and now all of a sudden after a one year winning streak and beating a bunch of teams in preseason that have never even seen the NCAA tourney, they are calling themselves the best team in the northwest and are using Zag Alumni to promote themselves.
    I know there are a lot of coug/zag fans and they jump on and off whichever wagon is winning, but it is really crap to put it bluntly. Can't they take their 35,000 student body major school and get their desired celebrity status on their own without having to ride our shirt tails. We have worked hard to be where we are and 9 straight years of appearing in the big dance without using them as a crutch. Why can't they just do their own thing and leave the Zag's alone? If they lose one or two players to an injury, they are finished, from what I see and they have yet to play more than one team in their 9-0 run that has a chance at a tourney slot. Anyway GO BULLDOG'S and I hope we get a chance to kick their A## some other time.
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    The cougs are really becoming annoying. 3 years ago they were paying students to attend their basketball games and now all of a sudden after a one year winning streak and beating a bunch of teams in preseason that have never even seen the NCAA tourney.
    Sounds familiar to a team we used to play. Soon the Cougs will be replacing us with Portland in search of a more "national schedule" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Why can't they just do their own thing and leave the Zag's alone?
    Yeah, what he said. If they left us alone, we wouldn't have two losses!!!

Seriously, though, you sound kind of bitter. Don't confuse the Cougs with a few of their annoying fans. Have they achieved long-term success? No, but Dick and Tony have done a great job there. They built something out of nothing, and for that they deserve our respect. Plus they beat us at the Kennel, which is no small feat. Bully for them. Besides, as of this moment, the Cougs have been the ONLY ranked team we've played. Why not admit they're pretty good? Tearing them down doesn't do much for us.

In the meantime, let's build our own tourney resume and hope to meet the Cougs in March (or April!), whereupon we can school them.

Peace.

Look at it this way, perhaps they couldn't find a Coug grad that could use a noun and a verb in the same sentence and so the had to use a GU grad. Besides Big Ed needed the money.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

big ed is doing what he can to make his name, but dont get it twisted. hes a zag through and through. more annoying than the commercial is coog/zag flip floppers in the K2 and on this board. ugh.