Thread: 2007 McDonald's All-American Team

Default 2007 McDonald's All-American Team

They were announced recently - I apologize if it's already been posted here. No Austin Daye (no surprise there). I was surprised to see Taylor King on there.

Looking on the brightside though, Angie Bjorklund made the girls team.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thickman1 View Post
    I was surprised to see Taylor King on there.http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/
    King is very overrated. I won't be surprised if he ends up transferring from Duke.

Default Re:

As I said, to make that team, you have to be an established recruit for 3-4 years. King is a classic example of this....a guy who at one point was regarded as one of the top 2 players in his class, but whose stock has dropped quite a bit over the last year. But having that initial boost meant more than Austin's stock going through the roof this past year.

personally i will still take a mcdonalds all-american talent level player the same as i would take a mcdonalds all-american...would have been an honor...but we know what we're getting...30 pts a game? ridiculous....cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    As I said, to make that team, you have to be an established recruit for 3-4 years. King is a classic example of this....a guy who at one point was regarded as one of the top 2 players in his class, but whose stock has dropped quite a bit over the last year. But having that initial boost meant more than Austin's stock going through the roof this past year.
    Normally I would agree, but James Harden is another kid who kind of came out of nowhere in the past 9 months and he made the team.

What's the story with Jai Lucas and his recruitment? Is there a reason why he hasn't selected a school yet?

Default Re:

I count 9 players at Rivals.com that are ranked below Austin that made the team, including one or two that are ranked more than 10 spots behind him.

You have a good point DNC about Harden, although he was still ranked much higher than Daye this spring. Still, it is unusual for a guy like him get on this late. Harden is going to be really, really good. Solid, all around prospect.

Default school they go to

Is it just me but I think they choose Mcdonalds AAs because of the school they committ to. If Daye would have gone to Duke and King would have gone to Gonzaga.Would Daye have made it and King not?

Georgetown snagged a couple good looking prospects off that list. . .JTIII appears to be building a strong program for the next few years. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

I know many of you check the Rivals site as well, but I thought this might help with the snub of the MAA.

He is the article from the Rivals site on moving Daye to a 5 star. One of the better articles from there IMO. I would take Daye over King right now anyways, so let's just hope he comes to GU with a chip on his shoulders.

There are few changes to the top 25, but two players - Chandler Parsons and Austin Daye - cracked
    the list and became five-star recruits. Meyer said the lanky wing forwards will only improve as
    they add weight and bulk to their 6-foot-9 frames.

"Both Parsons and Daye caught our eye last spring with their high skill level as tall wing players,
    " he said. "They are tremendous shooters who can create shots for themselves or teammates off
    the dribble. Our hesitation in ranking them too high after the summer was the lack of physicality
    in their play," Meyer said.

"Similar to what Kevin Durant has done this year in becoming a better rebounder and defender,
    we are convinced that Parsons and Daye are on track to become more physical players. Combine
    that with their length and basketball skill, and they are on track to be NBA players."

Its all politics..Duke has to have a few big macs a yr.