Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Zags fan when....

Default You know you're a Zags fan when....

1. You live in Minnesota and shell out the bucks for Satellite just so you can watch all the Zag games.

2. You constantly arrive to work on Tuesday morning in a "fog" due to staying up late watching them play Monday night games on ESPN.

3. You have a Zag themed Christmas tree in your den with decorations of all the current players names and numbers and even former great Zags.

This is good for the Zag soul, so try to keep it going with reasons that make it obvious you're a Zags fan.

Go Zags!!

Default A couple more...

4. All you want for Xmas is....Josh Heytvelt.

5. When your friends, family, and even significant other refuses to spend time with you after a Zag's loss.

When you find out your son's gymnastics competition has been rescheduled for Jan. 12 and you get pi##ed off, because you can't take your son to the Zags-LMU game. Guess we'll have to buy tix for the late Monday night game at Pepperdine. BTW, if my son's meet schedule remains the same, I will gladly give our tickets to any interested Zags fans...no charge.

6. When you spend more than 2 hours a day on these here boards everyday

7.When the only way you communicate with your college roommate is texting during basketball games and never any other time! And only about basketball!

7. You've made the jog from the preparty to the game wearing nothing but short shorts and a layer of body paint.

8. You've camped out for more than a week to watch 40 min of basketball.

9. When you know the ushers at the Kennel on a first name basis.

10. You get a mind-numbing headache from yelling your lungs out at the game (even though we won by 30).

11. Your bar tab outscores the Zags.

12. Your parents wonder if they sent you to Gonzaga to get an education or attend basketball games.
    GU Class of '07

13. You've gone pee in your pants instead of going to the bathroom because you wanted to make sure and see the end of the first half.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    13. You've gone pee in your pants instead of going to the bathroom because you wanted to make sure and see the end of the first half.
    14. When hearing something like this, it doesn't surprise you in the least.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

14. When you refuse to answer the phone, the door, or the screaming kids until commercial break!

15. When you show up at your son's university (in another state) having worn your favorite GU sweatshirt....without even thinking about it.

16. When you start wrapping the Christmas presents & realize that over 50% of the presents are GU gear!
    ZAGS RULE!!!

When you know inside that you're a Zag. You identify with the team, and feel like you're part of a special family. You also know that you live in ZagNation, and that your home is somewhere in Zagdom. You're proud to walk around town in your Zag Gear, and feel that pride when you walk into a bar surrounded by a 100 Cougar fans, but see the Zag Crowd in the center. You just know where you belong.......and are proud of it.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

So true. Just ask my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    5. When your friends, family, and even significant other refuses to spend time with you after a Zag's loss.

17. Travel 300 miles + (round trip) for a single game.

18. And two days later travel 900 miles + (round-trip) for a single game.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Default this says it all

"cggonzaga
    Kennel Club Join Date: Mar 2007

"The second one is the easier schedule. The first one also plays a Pac 10 schedule so why should they play much tougher competition during the OCC? Why aren't we in either OCC? We know Wazzu played us and beat us. What's the point Bob? "

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....ead.php?t=7865

When you live and work in sunny warm Northern California and temporarily move back to the cold, freezing winter in Spokane, so, to make sure I wont miss a single Zags game!!!!

The bummer part about being in Calif, I get to listen, TOO MUCH, about the Dons, St. Mary's, Cal and Stanford. But, no Zags....

19. When your kids are in a Christmas program at school on the same night as a Zags game vs. N. Colo and you ask the kids "what would you rather do, be in the program or go to the Zags game?" And they pick the Zags game. And we as parents actually have to think about it...but in the end the Catholic guilt wins and we must go to the Christmas program. But you can bet we will be re-creating the scene out of "Home Improvement" when Tim Taylor had the radio headset going.
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞

Quote Originally Posted by zagzealot View Post
    19. When your kids are in a Christmas program at school on the same night as a Zags game vs. N. Colo and you ask the kids "what would you rather do, be in the program or go to the Zags game?" And they pick the Zags game. And we as parents actually have to think about it...but in the end the Catholic guilt wins...
    booo.....
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Woo Hoo, you are too funny-can I send you a urinal?

20. When this seems like a great idea for a stocking stuffer for your wife.

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Whoohoo, are you at home when this happens or are you at K2? Man, I'd hate to know what you'd be willing to do at the end of the 2nd half?!
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞

Somebody needs a DVR or Tivo (think of it as TV with a "pause" button, in this case). Kind of nice being able to do your own "instant replay" as well.

You read these boards because you love your team despite everyone else hating you.

I was at my house, and actually...i should digress a little. I didn't ACTUALLY pee my pants, I think there was a little dribblage as I burst into the bathroom. Plus...I think I may have permanently destroyed my bladder. Keep in mind, I was also playing a drinking game with my brother, we had to drink 1 drink of our beer for every point Ammo had...and he did pretty well that night...

Quote Originally Posted by MacZag View Post
    Woo Hoo, you are too funny-can I send you a urinal?
    But yes, you may still send me a urinal. Thanks :-)

Keep in mind, I was also playing a drinking game with my brother, we had to drink 1 drink of our beer for every point Ammo had...and he did pretty well that night...
    Man, that's almost as dumb as going drink for drink with The Dude in The Big Lebowski.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

You know you're a fan, when you tack up a "Go Zags" sign at your neighbor's house right next to their UO sign without telling them.

You have a Zags sign in your living room window next to the highway.

You sign all e-mail, "Go Zags", even business letters.
    Oregon Zag