Thread: Ravio

Default Raivio

DR was 10 for 10 on FT today According to my claculations that makes him 125 out of 130 or 96.15% for season.

People say that tired legs are your downfall at free throws - and DR played all 45 minutes! Great game DR, you the "Ironman"
    Last edited by former1dog; 02-24-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Default how many concecutive fts?

(nm)

56. Hope he makes it to 100. Everyone was huge today. Good job.

Default Raivio

Good Grief: Its RAIVIO !! Dont know how to edit my title after the fact - Sorry!

Raivio's steal at the end of regulation wins ESPN College Gamenight's Pontiac Game Changing Play. Props to DR great heads up play to send it to overtime.
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt

RebornZag Guest

Default Stellar Defender

It's really amazing how good of a defender Derek is. When I think of Drav I usually always think of his shooting because he's been such a great shooter over the years, and his dribbling-ball handling (I love to watch him dribble when someone is pressing us...I usually think, "you guys may as well take your press off if Derek is bringing it up."). But I was reading the post on the GU records that Derek is at or near the top in, and one stands out to me. He's 4th All-Time in steals. I think of all the good defenders at GU, and to know Derek is right there near the top of that Statistic is just incredible. That's the first thing I thought of when he stole that ball at the end of regulation.....Yep, 4th all time in steals...

Default Is this online?

Quote Originally Posted by 4EVERaZAG View Post
    Raivio's steal at the end of regulation wins ESPN College Gamenight's Pontiac Game Changing Play. Props to DR great heads up play to send it to overtime.
    4EAZ, do you know if / where this clip is posted online? Thanks.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Raivio had a great game!

But getting alot of steals does not make you a good defender.

Getting a timely swipe at the end of regulation does.

Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by You Reach I Teach View Post
    But getting alot of steals does not make you a good defender.
    This seems a bit disingenuous. The best defense is the one in which you utterly prevent the other team from scoring. Under which I'd think "stealing the ball" would be properly categorized.

I remember the UCLA guards blowing by DR time and time again last year. And most teams outside of the WCC.

Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by You Reach I Teach View Post
    I remember the UCLA guards blowing by DR time and time again last year. And most teams outside of the WCC.
    Ah I see your point. Being good at stealing the ball is only part of being a good defender.

You Reach I Teach, again, no backbone to your argument... I suppose cornerbacks don't prove anything by making interceptions... and block shots are not indicative of defensive production either.

Can you just come out and say why your biased against Derek? I'm dying to know.

we should lock youteach and zag79 in a room...heh heh...

i actually agree with youteach that steals are not a great indicator of how solid a defender a guys is, but i think drav is pretty solid. he is a good position defender.