Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotation

Default Rotation

Looks like the Zags are settling for a 7 player rotation the rest of the way: DRav, Pargo, Bouldin, Pendo, Kuso, Downs and Mallon. My question for the Board: Do you agree this is it from here on out and, if so, do you like our chances?
    Personally, though I trust the coaching staff must have good reasons for having decided PMac will no longer see meaningful minutes I don't think we'll go far in any tourney w Pargo and DRav having to play every minute of the game.

Ask yourself what PMAC brings to the table. I like the kid, but he just doesn't seem to fit in this particular puzzle.

Birddog

My point exactly Flex...way too many minutes for DRav and Pargo...it's showing each and every game.

It may be taboo, but the comments that PMAC made to the media coincided with his loss of minutes and his loss of confidence. The coaching staff is not allowing him to gain his confidence on the court...who know what is going on behind closed doors.

This team needs PMAC to get the the NCAAs, plain and simple...unfortunately he's not doing anything to help himself when he gets on the floor: 2 turnovers and 2 3s allowed with weak closeouts...

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Looks like the Zags are settling for a 7 player rotation the rest of the way: DRav, Pargo, Bouldin, Pendo, Kuso, Downs and Mallon. My question for the Board: Do you agree this is it from here on out and, if so, do you like our chances?
    Personally, though I trust the coaching staff must have good reasons for having decided PMac will no longer see meaningful minutes I don't think we'll go far in any tourney w Pargo and DRav having to play every minute of the game.

PMAC will get time off the bench as a role player in the right situations, against the right opponents.

I don't see why Mallon got as many minutes as he did today. He is clearly not 100% and this game was pretty meaningless since we have clinched a 2 seed and bye into the WCC semis. Since we have to win the tourney to get a bid, I just don't get why we don't rest Mallon this weekend.

We played much better with downs and Kuso in than when Mallon was in, to boot.

Anyone agree, disagree?

Mallon hurts this team more then helps it (right now)...

No magic to start the game (Mallon in) and we immediately fell seriously behind. Same at start of second half. I believe that we had 3 field goals through the first 9 minutes of 2nd half. Not saying he should not play, just poor planning. Poor PMac - he can't get a break. First time in he dinks around and can't get the ball across the time line! PMac is better than that!

To be fair, everyone left him in the back court and he ran of out options really quick. It was clear he was being pressed several seconds before the call, someone should have come back to help him out.

That specific example aside, I agree with some of the comments above. I love PMAC, but he's not helping his cause at all.

Default PMAC's comments to the media?

Hate to show ignorance here, but guess I have to. Can someone enlighten me as to what he said to the media?

I'm still not ready to drink the " they have to win the automatic bid to get in the tourney" kool aid. . .

Assume they win at USD and in the WCC semis, only to lose the WCC championship in a close 2-4 point loss:

That would make them 22-11, 6 -4 in their last 10, and with the 5th toughest OOC schedule in the country.

RPI doesn't mean as much as who you play.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Default Wrong starting lineup

I still prefer a Pargo/Raivio/Bouldin/Downs/Kuso-Mallon starting lineup. It seems like the Zags just do not get their offense going until Downs comes in the game, and I just don't think Mallon and Kuso work well as a duo. I would rather hit teams with my most effective offensive lineup, right from the opening tip. The Zags needs to start off with a bang.

Just some observations...

1) Very ugly win today.

2) Stars of the game: Bouldin and Downs (both need maximum minutes)

3) Why all the standing around on offense? Nobody runs toward the guy with the ball, when that guy is in trouble. Overall, very bad ball movement and movement without the ball.

4) Too many stupid, unforced turnovers. Too many passes intercepted in the passing lane...again, a serious lack of movement without the ball.

5) Nobody seems to be able to finish inside, unless they are uncontested.

Anyway, a win is a win and they didn't fold at the end. On to the tourney!

Nobody seems to finish inside? I saw Bouldin finish inside more than a few times.
    2Zags4Pups

Default Flex,sinto, Madness

Thankyou.

It is taking years off my life watching DRav play 45 straight. Face it everybody, teams can game plan to lock down DRav. If they always know he's out there and he's not super charged, that makes it easier.

DRav can score in his sleep. Same with Mallon. If Mallon was our super sixth man and DRav was playing closer to 20, think how balanced we could be. Pargo could use a blow too.

Here's my rotation:

Starters....Mamery Diallo, Downs, Boudin, Pargo, DRav
    Then........Mallon and pick two or three more upper classmen that are true ZAGS...Pendo,PMAC,Kuso

Welcome back role players. Scoring and athletes on both ends. Might not get too many guys on the AP All American list this way. I would go to war with this group anytime.

Starters....Mamery Diallo, Downs, Boudin, Pargo, DRav
    Then........Mallon and pick two or three more upper classmen that are true ZAGS...Pendo,PMAC,Kuso

Ummm, about Diallo ...

Mamery could help. Boards and D. Let's find the man and the worlds biggest band-aid and get him back here.

Default Florida and Louisville

were hot after Burgess. If we need some beef down low does he get pt vs a big SantaClara team?

Maybe going extra small against the Broncos is the way to go? Spead'm out and fly around!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzagger View Post
    Mamery could help. Boards and D. Let's find the man and the worlds biggest band-aid and get him back here.
    lol
    Any idea where he is? Is it legal to add somebody to the roster at this point?

he's not on the team this year and wouldn't get any playing time if he was.
    (he didnt get any playing time when Heytvelt got hurt last year either)
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

He might be playing in a lower level pro league over seas. I'm hearing the Sonics have him listed high on their charts.

yeah, that sounds exactly like the Sonics.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Default Mammory Dialo ( sorry about the 1st name, whatever

OK Vanzagger and Vinny zag, I know you must have served your time with good behavior. Anyway just to bring you up to date a little, he has not been playing all year. Maybe I missed the joke, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Also I must go with the majority as I see it and say that Mallon and PMAC are not helping as much as they once did. I know Mallon is hurt and shouldn't have played at all tonight and I don't know what PMAC's situation could possibly be. Seems that non-substituion until absoultely necessary is melding the team more each day by playing together the guys that are on the floor 85% of the time.
    Just win games as long as you can, we are all cheeering for you.
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Default Back to the thread....

All Diallo sightings, Bouldin observations and tourney chances opining aside; do people think the Zags can enjoy success in a tournament w/out having a guard (PMac) in the rotation allowing DRav and Pargo to catch a breather?
    I'm thinking of the 3-pter DRav missed in crunch time and wondering if a less worn out DRav knocks that down....game over. My 2 cents is, while I agree PMac hasn't helped his cause in the very limited windows of opportunity he has been given the past few games, Few et al have got to "coach this kid up" and help him regain his confidence so the TEAM can have an extra guard in the lineup. This will make them more effective as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Zags3Pups View Post
    Nobody seems to finish inside? I saw Bouldin finish inside more than a few times.
    You know what I mean...take a look at the team shot chart in the paint...not too good.

Quote Originally Posted by drnoe View Post
    3) Why all the standing around on offense? Nobody runs toward the guy with the ball, when that guy is in trouble. Overall, very bad ball movement and movement without the ball.
    Evertime I've seen USF on offense this year, I ask myself the same questions.

Quote Originally Posted by drnoe View Post
    5) Nobody seems to be able to finish inside, unless they are uncontested.
    From the box score: Points in the paint-GON 40,USF 24
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Default rotation

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I still prefer a Pargo/Raivio/Bouldin/Downs/Kuso-Mallon starting lineup. It seems like the Zags just do not get their offense going until Downs comes in the game, and I just don't think Mallon and Kuso work well as a duo. I would rather hit teams with my most effective offensive lineup, right from the opening tip. The Zags needs to start off with a bang.
    I totally agree, Micah or Pendo need to start, soooo many games this year they struggle in the first 4 min. Today was a perfect example. I also think coach Few Starts Mallon out of Loyalty and Trust. Few is very loyal to seniors. Sean has a huge heart and has been a great zag but... Every game Downs is gaining confidence and he has been making huge baskets when they really need them. Bring Pendo in as the first guy off the bench.
    SPOCANS MOST WANTED