Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Unofficial Official GUBoard Introduction Thread

Updating mine...

Now live in North Spokane. Jordan committed to Michigan. Still WAY into ski season Now back in school training to be a Vascular ultrasonographer. My husband is attending GU getting his Master's (I guess GU got one of my family members, LOL!). Still would love to attend more GU games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LynetteG View Post

GU Connection: Nephew is being recruited by GU (class of 09). I moved here from MI in 2003 (GO BLUE!), had no idea what Gonzaga was, much less how popular the men's basketball team was! Invited my neph to come to visit, my husband knows a former player and told him neph was a baller, player told neph to go to camp while he was here, and the rest is history.

Games in K2: Three, all last year. Looking to go again this year! Ski season does get in the way, though...

Board History: Was invited to post on the board by BobZag 2 years ago.

I do love Spokane and would never move back to Michigan!

GU Connection: Fan since I was 3 years old, my Grandpa was watching since the days of stockton
    Games in K2: I wish, my grandparents live in Chewelah, WA just north of spokane, when i can get out that way i will definately catch a game.
    Games on the road: Planning on getting tickets to the WCC tourney in Vegas next march.
    Board History: Been here since i made the best bulldog blog east of the mississippi back in november. Some might not like my opinions, but i pride myself on knowing as much as i can about my ZAGS!
    Personal info: Im 22, i grew up in the Greater Seattle area, and when it comes to the Zags i am as strong a fan as ive ever met. I now live in the college basketball mecca(Kentuckiana, Louisville, UK, IU in immediate area) and im a light shining GU ball here in the sticks.

GU Connection: 2003 Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Adjunct Prof in Engineering since Fall 2004 semester.

Games in K2: As many as I can get to, which depends on if I'm teaching in a given semester or not.

Board History: About 7 years, used to post on the old board occasionally while still a student.

Personal: 23 yrs old, dad with 2 kids!

GU Connection: Graduated from GU (undergrad) 1975. My beautiful wife also graduated from GU in 1975. Our older daughter graduated from GU in 2004. Our younger daughter goes to WSU - may God forgive her. Our grandson . . . well maybe someday he will be the champion of the Roncalli residence hall drinking team like his grandfather was for 3 years in a row from 1972 - 1975.

Games in K2: 3. I attended every GU game in Kennedy between 1971 and 1975. I have been a member of the Bulldog Club for quite a while, except when I forget to send them more money and they cancel me.

Board History: Huh?

I am one of the few on this board with a diploma from both GU and U of W. Therefore I can't quite generate the degree of hate that most GU basketball fans have for U of W.

I have been to almost all of the GU appearances in the WCC and NCAA. I did not go to Raleigh in 08 because I hate the South and I hate Republicans and I hate Grits.

If sports gambling were legal, my hobby would be sports gambling on NFL football and NCAA basketball. And the occasional horse race. Since gambling is not legal, I spend my free time doing cross-stitch and knitting projects.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

GU Connection: None really but I live 2 miles from K2 and the campus! Jumped on the bandwagon in 99 and never looked back.

Games in K2: Bought season tickets about a year before K2 opened. My wife says it is among the best money we ever spent! I agree. Haven't missed a game since it opened but I never attended a game in the K1.

Board History: I think around 5 years. Spent some time on the Scout board which is how I eventually migrated to this one.

GU Connection: Two of my uncles went to GU, wife graduated from GU in 1998, parents-in-law have been season ticket holders for 20 years, Brother-in-law works at GU and him and my sister-in-law also have season tickets.

I will admit as I have numerous times on this board I am a UW grad and a Husky first and foremost, but it is possible to be a fan of both teams. UW football is my passion and over the last 5 years my passion has been taking my emotions to the woodshed...repeatedly.

Games in K2: 3 games, one a year since it opened. Been to every Battle in Seattle and traveled to Las Vegas for the Georgia Tech game in 2005. (I spent three years growing up in Atlanta and Georgia Tech has always been my favorite College Hoops team, that game destroyed me emotionally as I did not know which team I was rooting for.)

Board History: I posted regularly on the Scout board for a couple of years and then migrated over here when things over there went kaput. I really enjoy this board, even with the regular beatings I take from those that hate my UW biased opinions.
    Last edited by dpouley; 04-05-2008 at 07:21 PM.

GU Connection: '98 GU Grad. '02 GU Law Grad. My child (who is currently in utero) will be a lifetime GU fan.

Games in K2: Went to the San Diego game in 2008 (when Billy Grier came back for the first time as head coach of USD).

Board History: Started with the old "Basketball is Thee Sport" board around 7 or 8 years ago, then the Scout board (I was actually a moderator of that board), and this board.

GU connection: Longtime fan. Nearly enrolled but family illness kept me closer to home. Since then, spent a lot of time in and around Spokane. Most of my wife's family members are Spokane residents.

Games in K2: None

Board history: Started on Scout board in December '02. Been on this one since it started, but mostly a lurker.

GU Connection: My Brother played for the team.

Games in K2: LOTS!

Board History: Occasional poster. But I get mad at a lot of the posts and I have a hard time holding my toungue so I don't frequent the board very often. It's easier now that my bro isn't playing anymore.
    SARAMO

Default Mezag

GU connection: Mechanical Engineer grad 2002

Games in K2: 15 ish Games in the Kennel- more than that

Board history: Can't remember exactly. Started on old board in 03 I think. Used to post more often but have never posted alot. Mostly cowardly one liners calling people out. Smart enough to know I know way less than the team or coaching staff so I have a difficult time seriously critiquing them. When coach Few tells me my design prowess is lagging and I need to show more toughness in my cad skills, I might start calling bull$#it on the way he is coaching.
    Last edited by MEZAG; 04-08-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: context

GU connection: Grew up in and around Spokane.

Games in K2: None, but I saw a few in K1 and some in the Arena and even in the old Coliseum!

Board history: I mostly lurked on the old board several years ago and then finally decided to join in over here last spring sometime.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

GU Connection: Went to High School w/ Richie Frahm and Lived in Spokane for a while.

Board History: I read the posts to keep up on the latest Zags news.

MidwestZagFan Guest

GU Connection: Simply fell in love with the Zagness when I saw them in the Tourney a few years ago. Maybe I'll succeed in convincing my 9 year old son to attend GU when the time comes....

Board History: I used to read the board on ESPN.com until someone mentioned this one. Bless you whoever you were! I love it! Joined last fall, don't post a whole lot on the MBB but I read it daily.

GU Connection: I am a current student here at GU

Games in the Martin Centre: Started going to games in 1990 at the age of two. My dad has had season tickets since 86. We had tickets right behind the bunch but we moved back a few rows because Fitz scared me. From that time I only missed 8 home games until we moved into our new digs.

Games in K2: Have only missed one since it opened.

Road Games: I was at Minnesota and Stanford games in Seattle in 99, Louisville and St. Johns in Tucson in 2000, Michigan State in Atlanta in 2001, Valpo and Nevada in Seattle in 2004, and then UCLA in Oakland in 2006. I have also been to the WCC tournament in San Diego twice and Santa Clara and here once.

Board History: I have been a daily reader for about a year now. Haven’t posted anything yet.

hi,
    im new to the forums and after reading through "some" of your profiles its great to see such a wide range of locations just wondered if there are any fellow brits amongst you...
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-03-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Howdy.

After five years and 2,000 or so posts, I thought I ought to introduce myself.

GU Connection: B.A. 1996

Games in the Martin Centre: Lots of them between 1992 and 1996

Games in K2: none

Board history: see above.

Location/Hometown: East Central Missouri; 60 miles from STL

GU Connection: Big GU fan, next year will be my 10th full season watching the team. No other connection . . . First team I actually enjoyed watching

Games at K2: a big doughnut; never been to a game either, but haven't missed a game on TV since 2008

Board History: trying to send my knowledge of the team the best I can without sendin insults. If I insult anyone let me know. None of my posts should be interpreted angrily.
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.