Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Official GUBoard Introduction Thread

GU Connection: None, other than a big Zag fan for 11 (or so) years. WWU Grad.

Games in K2: Unfortunately, none.

Board History: Joined the Scout.com board 4-5 years ago, I think it was.

GU Connection: Adopted the Zags while growing up in Spokane.

Games in K2: Nope.

Board History: Joined the Scout board in 2003.

Location - Spokane

Connection - Sister played 4 years of soccer for GU. I played high school and AAU ball with Adam.

Games in K2 - all but 3 or so. parents have seasons tickets, so i can't go to all of them.

Tidbits - currently studying to become a radiology technologist. I love bball, golf, and recently took up snowboarding.
    Last edited by meadgrad02; 02-06-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Typo
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Default zaglawdad

GU Connection: Daughter graduated from GU law school. I started following the Zags when our high school basketball coach in Santa Maria (Adrian Buoncristiani) went north to coach the Zags. I became aquainted with the campus and staff by doing some promotional work with the school.

Games in K2: sorry....none. Went to a few in K1 and a couple of arena games.

Board History: I just discovered the board a few months ago

GU Connection: Attended 94-00 (took my time for a couple of years)

Games in K2: 0 - but plenty starting in 94 with the Bulldog Band

Board History: Lurked the old board for about a year and then finally got approved to post after several tries.

GU Connection: '02 GU Grad

Games in K2: Goose egg, but too many wonderful experiences in K1 to count

Board History: Lurking for a few years here and there. First posts were here at new board.

GU Connection: 2003 grad, also 4 family members are alumni

Games in K2: None yet, 4 years in K1

Board History: Been lurking for past few years, post rarely.

GU Connection: big fan, no personal connection

Games in K2: one, against washington this year

Board History: Been a lurker/poster since 2004

GU Connection: Parents, brother, and countless extended family members are all grads; born in Spokane and have lived there for a total of 6 years; grew up attending the John Stockton Basketball Camp.

Games in K2: None, although I toured K2 during its construction; attended numerous games in the original Kennel.

Board History: Been reading the board for about 5 years, posting for the past few years.

Default Hi

GU Connection: Met Dan Fitzgerald in 1986. He gave my HS team tickets to my first Zag game in the old Kennel. Been a fan ever since.

Games in K2: 2 -- very first exhibition game, and EWU game this year.

Board History: Been a regular poster for more than 2 years. I think my post count at the old spot was around 600.

Talking

Location; Green Valley, AZ

GU Connection: None. Just appreciate a excellent BB Program.

Games in K2: None.

Board History: Mainly a lurker for 5 years, occasional poster.

GU Connection: Graduated in '02

Games in K2: None, but did attend a wedding reception there

Board History: Lurked for a while, then finally signed up for the old board in 2004.

Default Hi

GU Connection: No personal connection, but have many friends who graduated from GU. Just spent countless hours making a Zag coffee table so I must be a fan.

Games in K2: 2, this season. First was an exhibitiongame. Second was UW vs. Gonzaga, best game of the year!

Board History: Lurked for many years, had probably 20 posts on the old site.

GU Connection: None, fan for nearly 10 years, huge Dickau fan

Games in K2: none, haven't seen them live anywhere

Board History: Occasional poster since 2004

Location: Now South Spokane, but our family home on Baldwin Avenue in the Gonzaga district has been continuously inhabited by a family member since the year Truman recalled MacArthur from Korea.

GU Connection: Impossible to avoid, growing up in the GU district since 1951. I remember seeing Jean Claude Lefebvre towering above the congregation at 11:00 Mass at St. Al’s. I was in high school when Fran Burgess was a Zag. I joined the GU Young Democrats to campaign for Tom Foley’s first run for congress and for John Kennedy’s bid for the Presidency. Goood times. Very good times, indeed. The pallbearers at my Dad’s funeral at St. Al’s included the owners of Jack & Dan’s* (Jack, of course), the Bulldog, Bernie’s, and Jimmy’s (on Illinois). Dad went to daily Mass, but did enjoy socializing at GU area watering holes, giving it up only in Lent (except on Sundays, of course).

Games in K2: Are you crazy? Do I look like I could bounce up and down like that without body parts flying off?.

Board History: Member since January 2004.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 02-06-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Jack & Dan's ight have been Joey's then

GU Connection: none, except i idolized John Stockton and tried to play like him. then i fell in love with them during their NCAA Tourney run with Casey, Matt, and the gang. I've been die-hard ever since! i've even managed to convert some locals. can you believe that?

Games in K2: zero, but i plan on fixing that as soon as possible.

Board History: i've been reading the board on and off for 2-3 years when i stumbled across it, but I rarely posted.

GU Connection: '98 GU Grad (attended fall 94 - spring 98)

Games in K2: 1 women's game in Feb '05. (FWIW, during my 4 years @ GU I attended probably 95% of both men's and women's home games.)

Board History: I knew of GUnation/zaghooops since who knows when, but I didn't actually bother checking for/reading the message boards until late March 03. (soon after the GU-Arizona classic) I waited until mid-July 03 before I registered. I didn't make my first post until probably mid-October 03. Been here ever since.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

GU Connection: Class of '71, Father, uncles, wife, children all attended GU

Games in Kennel: Season ticket holder for last 10 yrs - almost every game

Board History Infrequent, usually just read posts

GU Connection: Class of '06

Games in Kennel: Every game in the last season of the original Kennel, none in the first season of K2 (The only complaint from my year abroad), every game in the second season of K2, and as many games as I can get into now, including womens

Board History: Reading the board since '05, I'll get the nerve to post every now and then

GU Connection: Known every GU hoops score since Fall '73. BBA '77

Games in K2: Share season tickets with another Boardmember. Been a tough year thus far vis a vis getting to Spokane.

Board History: Too much (since before the "early" days).

GU Connection: GU Law '05; grandparents, parents, sister, and brother-in-law are alums.

Games in K1: Most games of its last two years (loved to watch Violette make the backboards swing back and forth after a monster, two-handed throwdown).
    Games in K2: Most games of its first year, and a few since.

Board History: Lurker for last few years, infrequent poster for last year or so (too lazy to look it up).

GU Connection: Hung around in the mid 70s. Actually "awarded" a degree. I have a Gonzaga "chip" on my shoulder. I still love the place. I don't know why.

Games in K2: Nada. In my day, by cracky, we called it Kennedy.

Board History: Like GoZags, since before the "early" days. Lurked in the "early" days reading the sexual solicitaitons of three to four posters arguing over a motel room in Reno. Of course, I was hooked. Followed the thing through Rivals, Yahoo, Scout, etc. etc. Suspected one poster was an internet cross-dresser and a convincing one at that. Have annoyed everyone at some point in time. Infrequent posts but apparently several are well remembered due to their disturbing or eccentric nature. Alternate between one liners and satire/parody. Iconoclastic yet smooth as four fingers of a fine 18 year old scotch. Used to smoke cigars and throw beer bottles at fence posts. Mellowed alot but still considered a meanie and a whack job.

Your Pal,

Bowser

Lines from a Cinematic Production Most Applicable to This Thread:
    Movie: Stripes [1981]

John Winger: Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination. Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us got together, forget it.

Connection: Grew up in Spokane - took Beginning Spanish with Jeff Brown in HS

Games Attended: None in K2 - every GU game at USD for the past 4 years

Board History: Big time lurker

Connection (Zagness): Born and raised 3 blocks from campus, St Als, G Prep, GU '69. As a kid I used to watch them practice in the old gym on Boone Ave which later became the Russell Theater.

Games: Haven't been to a home game since '70 or so, but have attended games in Colo Springs, Albq (twice), Memphis, and Tulsa.

Been on one board or another since about '99, back then it was mostly just Jane, Angelo, GoZags, Hondo, Bowser, Russell, Bong, and some whose names I can't recall just now (frequent problem these days). I still miss Jane, she was special. I spend most of my time honing my skills as a curmudgeon, malcontent, and general all around itinerant ne'er do well.

Birddog

GU Connection: Graduated '02 w/English degree. Brother and cousins also went/go there. I have many friends still in Spokane, so I can be found at the Bulldog Tavern every few months.

Games in K2: Just one so far. I went to the San Francisco game on 1/27/07. Amazing experience!

Board History: I was originally thebeast in '01, forgot my password, became TheOriginalBeast. I mostly lurk and wear out my F5 key, I usually only post in Portland game-watching threads.

I am loving this new board so very very much.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.