Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Official GUBoard Introduction Thread

GU Connection: Grew up on the Zags, My Grandma use to have a house in the area and my great grandma still does.

Games in K2: WCC Tourny last year, Washington this year

Board History: Been reading the board for 2 years at scout under Ghost34.

Default TR11Zag

Used to be Cracka509...

Posting for a year.

Hometown: Gig Harbor, WA

Current Residence: Renton, WA

0 games in K2

Husky Hater.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    These autobiographies are a great read, funny at times, and go beyond the "profile" window.

Hope there's a future Hall of Fame where these can be set aside for future reference.
    Some other boards have a Thread Archive forum with sub-forums for All-Star Threads and Dead Threads... it could happen here.

Default Woohoo

GU Connection: None...but that doesn't mean I'm not a zag!

Games in K2: None in K2...

Games in K1: Do you HAVE to rub it in??

On the road: Heck yes...at Tulsa, at Mizzou, at Memphis, at NYC (Duke at MSG)

Board History: Eh...member of the old board for like 2 and a half years or so. Started my board postage career being extremely annoying, immature, and a huge pest with nothing real to add to the board. wait a second...uh oh
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

GU Connection: Watched Santangelo, Frahm and Calvary take highly ranked Kansas to the wire and decided I liked that team. Loved the Elite 8 run that year, and the S16 runs the following years. Was a big GU fan until Ammo, now have mixed emotions about GU.

Games in K2: Nada

Board History: Good question. Have been a semi regular since the week before Ammo dropped 44 (or whatever it was) on UW last season. May have visited sparingly before that, can't recall.

GU Connection: '92 GU Grad. Ran XC and track while at GU and we were in the WCAC when I started.

Games in K2: 1 (thanks GoZags!!). Stanford gameday last year. Lots of games in K1, none more memorable than the Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble show way back when. Kinda what it must be like to be a student nowadays at other WCC schools.

Board History: Was somewhat of a lurker on some version of GU Boards as early as 2000 (I think ) and was posting on the WCC board on ESPN.com in the late 90's. Adding to everyone's general stress level, I started becoming more active in 2003 or so on the Scout board. Generally posting a little about the basketball team. Then, I found the OCC and it was all over !

GU Connection: 2002 The greatest class ever in my opinion. The second semester of my freshman year is when we went to the Elite 8!

Games in K2: All the 2006 WCC tourney in the 7th row across from the GU bench. I must thank USD for letting me purchase tickets from them.

Board History: I have been on here since 01-02 I can't remember. I can only hope that my spelling has gotten better in the last 5 or so years.

GU Connection: Graduated 1989

Games in K2: 4-5

Games away: Seattle, Maui, Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, NYC, Las Vegas, Salt Lake, Oakland

Board History: Joined ZagsHoops in 2001 (I think)

GU connection: My husband's a GU generated engineer, taught there for a couple years, etc. Wish I'd gone there.

Games in K2: One men's game, two women's games. Going to the arena for Memphis!

Board history: Joined the Scout board right before it imploded, scurried away quickly so as not to be hit by all the falling debris.
    Remember when it rained.

Lighten up Francis!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

GU connection: '82 to '85 did not graduate anyway...
    Games in K2: none ,but I will be there on feb20. and arena on 18 .

Board history: reading 2,3years

GU connection: none really...other than a cousin who attended and lived in the seminary in the mid-80's on his way to becoming a Jesuit priest. I guess it's a Catholic thing, my living in Spokane and being lucky enough to catch the wave we've all been riding.

Games in K2: Unfortunately none. However, I have watched them in Seattle 2X, Meadowlands, Spokane Arena (many times) and the old Kennel once (thanks, Bob!).

Board history: Been around since '01. I don't post often 'cause I enjoy reading the men's hoops board more.

Location- Methow Valley, Wa

GU Connection- Grew up in Milwaukee, Wi watching Marquette w/ Dean
    Meminger and Al Mcguire pull off the " little catholic
    school that could " thing. Was hooked; spent the next
    25 yrs searching for another. Evergreen Grad 87

Games in K2- None....yet. The day will come! Closest I've come was
    watching David P. and the Bears trash the local HS 111 to 33
    (Yes, he can shoot !)

Board History- I have been lurking behind the lurkers for three years. When
    the old board started to go down I said a prayer and made
    a promise that I would register (and post) if only the board
    would just come back. I hope to add to the discussion.

Default Board Intro

GU Connection: B.A. 1981, J.D. 1984

Games in K2: Zilch, Although I have seen over 50 games in Kennedy and at least one Portland or Seattle game each of the past 18 years.

Board History: Since before the Jim Allen board (pre-1999)
    Last edited by Club Prez; 02-11-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Where: Norman, Oklahoma

GU Connection: No literal connection, but appreciative and respectful of a fine college basketball program, led by a fine coach, at a fine school. Thanks for letting me post on the old Scout board and, hopefully, this one too.

Games in K2: Eventually.

Board History: Scout board, lurked for about two years, not a prolific poster.

Default ZagPHD Information

Where: Knoxville, TN - currently a Ph.D. student in accounting at the University of Tennessee

GU Connection: Class of 2003. Had an application pending at Stanford when GU beat them in the NCAAs during our magical Elite 8 run. That decided it then in there. I was going to be a Zag for life! (Stanford never did admit me)

Games in K2: On my ever-growing "to do" list. My girlfriend attended the game yesterday and I'm completely jealous!

Board History: Scout board, lurked for about two years, not a prolific poster, but I'm becoming more vocal with age.

Smile OK - Introductions, since I got an interview last night

GU connections: Wife (Masters) Son (BS in comp sci) Me (Guess?)
    Games in K2 : Haven't missed one yet
    Games away: Several
    Board history: Just recently

Have a good day and pray for the fallen and GO ZAGS!
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

GU Connection: Now Lifetime fan.

Games in K2: none

Board History: aka as socalhusky on dawgman... although husky football is my first love, zag basketball is the only other sport i actually get nervous watching... been a HARDCORE fan since 97. originally from kelso. i've posted a few times but never a had response, i suppose most just assumed i was a clueless husky fan

GU Connection: Graduated 03' played soccer 4 yrs

Games in K2: 1 girls game...my parents refuse to give up their season tix when i'm home

Games in K1: all but a few during my 4 years

Games away: Seattle, Albuquerque, NYC, Las Vegas, Salt Lake, USF, Portland, Santa Clara, San Diego (including all those WCC & NCAA tourneys)

Board History: Joined ZagsHoops awhile ago, but only had about 2 posts - mostly lurking
    "gotta love gonzaga"

Default Livermore Zag

GU Connection: Daughter graduated in 2000--avid fan since 1996. Dad to Zagirl2k and F-I-L to Zag Slug.

Games in K2: None...but some lucky student stands in our seat each game!! Does that count?? Usually make it to SMC and SCU games; several WCC Tourneys (when in Bay Area), and made the memorable trip to Maui.

Board History
    : Occasional poster last two years--frequent lurker! Really enjoy the passion of Zag fans for their team!

Default Sansculotte

GU Connection: Class of '84.

Games in K2: Zero. Saw a lot in the old Kennedy Pavilion days, including a remarkable win over then #4 USF in '81 that got me on the bandwagon. Two of my brothers played JV ball at Gonzaga (can anyone say "old school"?).

Board History: Infrequent poster since the Jim Allen days. Thank you, Bob Zag, for keeping this community together!

Can't believe I never got around to posting in this thread!

GU Connection: Knew a guy that played for GU in Salt Lake City (in the pep band, not on the court) and a couple of guys that played for GU later (on the court, not in the band)
    Games in K2: None
    Board History: Started reading the boards at the end of the 2002/03 season; started posting at the start of the 2003/04 season.
    Last edited by kdaleb; 02-14-2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: edited to add bold

GU Connection:
    BA '69, JD '78

Games:
    None in K2 (but last summer I walked through it).
    A bunch in K1 (aka The Kennedy). Probably every game from '65 to '69, and then most of them from '75 to '78.
    And recently I've made some of the games in the Bay Area (St. Mary's, USF, and Santa Clara).

Board History:
    Found the old site a few years ago. Lurked for a while until I recognized some old classmates: El Voce, Birddog, Jhoops, and Snikrah (I know that there are others, but I haven't identified them).

Thumbs up

GU connection: Class of 1973 B.B. (before basketball)

Games: K1 -- two or three; Weber St. was the power, I think
    K2 -- One, last season vs. LMU. What an experience.
    Road games -- USF, SMC twice, and Stanford. USF next week.

Board History: Like to read it for BB info. I don't lurk so much as check in to see something informative about my team. I enjoy the comics who post, too (Lothar, Bowser, etc). This is my 4th lifetime post.

Smile

GU connection: Class of 2006 MSN & Family Nurse Practitioner

Games: K1 -- one pre-season. K2 - none. WCC tourni in Santa Clara twice. Duke vs Zags @ MSG this year.

Board History: Lurker mostly (pathetic, I know) - although an occasional post on the old board!