Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Official GUBoard Introduction Thread

Connection: 2 nephews graduated from GU.

Games in K2: I've probably missed about 4 games in K2. Mostly conflicts with my kids games, and it will happen again this saturday..GRRRRRRR

Board history: Mostly just a lurker, but I suppose I put up a couple hundred posts in the last 3 years.

Connection: Spousal Unit is '72 Grad. Many in-laws graduated from there. Almost all in-laws graduated from G Prep and some taught there. St. Al's is where most family rituals of importance take place.

Games in K1: 4 this year.

Board History
    : Don't remember but it fairly defines my life during season. BobZ is my hero.

Connection: '93 Grad, and a late blooming fan after becoming smitten with Cinderella one lovely March afternoon in 1999

Games in K1: One during the DD era

Games in K2: All but a couple, and those were only missed because of parental commitments

Board history: My name is LovetheZags and I've had a lurking addiction for about 2 years. With the exception of a very dark week last March following something I only refer to "the incident", I've been scouring the site on a daily basis in order to get my Zag fix.

Default zagzagzagzag, etc

location: Wenatchee; thought about some weird response about how no matter where you go there you are, but no, I really am in Wenatchee. Yes, it sux.

connection: attended GU from 82-86, graduated 1998. Former debater (where is Gonzdb8?), theatre guy, all around idiot.

Games in K1: many; none that I can remember.
    BiS: The last two BIS.
    Games in K2: NONE (remember that when I beg for tix)

Board history: 115+ posts, none memorable. The only person on this board who thought it was cool that the University of Maine kept the game with Nevada fairly close. And, heck, my hockey team is ranked #7 in the country....

Final comments: Love the board, happy with the posters. Wondering where the heck Zagzilla is.

love: mbb

Connection: Family

Games in k1: cant count an exact figure...easily over 20

Games in k2: 0

Board History
    : Long time lurker before joining last march to vent about the ucla game and ever since then i've been hooked!

Other: 21 year old student at SFSU from Santa Rosa, CA with lots of family from spokane..hard core zag fans so clearly i was born and raised...hoping to make it to k2 at some point in the next year or so but school and work make it damn near impossible

GU Connection: Class of '08

Games in K2: A bunch

Board History: Lurking for a couple of years with a worthless post here and there

RebornZag Guest

Default Unofficial Official GUBoard Introduction Thread

Living in Lakewood, Washington. Just across the street from Tacoma.

Raised in Yakima, Washington. Attended Marquette High. Graduated in '66.

Attended GU from '66 -'70. A member of the Gonzaga Bulldogs basketball team.

In '66-67, when I was a Freshman, GU finished 20th in the nation. That may have been the first time GU finished in the top 20. Back in that time, only 16 teams were invited to the National NCAA tournament. Back then 16 was a lot because before that it was only 4. We never made it to the Dance. Gary Lechman was the Center at 6'5" and was an All-American. I believe he was drafted by the Super Sonics. Billie Sutor was there as well. He was a 5'9" guard from Morton, WA (little 'ol B school) who was a legend at GU and was working with the team as an assistant while he completed his degree. Paz Roacha, was the point guard. He took Billy's place and was also 5'9". Other's I'll always remember and good friends: Joe McNair, Paz Roacha, Doug Rehaume, Chris Nickola, Tom Hunt, Mike McGinley.

Attended all games in Kenedy and went to all away games too.

Joined GUnation on Scout.com in July of '06. Regular poster. I'm a proud member of GUNation, and somewhere deep inside, over all these years, I've not forgotten that I am a Zag and part of the wonderful history we've made together.
    Last edited by RebornZag; 02-06-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Connection: Junior

Games in K2: all but, at most, 3.

Board History: Reading/Posting last year

Connection: graduated in 2003

Games in K2: attended every game this year and almost every game last year

Board History: Lurking the last few years

GU Connection: Accounting Student Class of 08'. 14 family members either Alums or current students.

Games in K2: All until being in Italy this season

Board History: Poster since late 2002

Default Hi, I'm TheZagPhish and I'm a Zagaholic

GU Connection: Sister in law grad, two buddies pose as professors. Whole family is into Zags, including parents-in-law and three great grandparents in AZ, sister-in-law in Seattle. GU games are the glue of the family, methinks.

Games in K2: Two officially - Men's: Preseason Portland State 05-06; Women's: Regular season, Portland State 05-06. But 12-yr-old daughter went to the basketball camp there last month - that count?

Board History: Neophyte lurker and random poster. Think I had a whopping nine posts at the last board. Been mistaken a couple of times as an old poster in a new handle - is that a compliment?

Standard Method of Zag Game Intake: In Zag gear watching the game on TiVo with lovely wife and periodic drop-in by laptop-toting daughter. TiVo is key or we'd never be able to rewind and slo mo the killer plays and questionable fouls.
    Last edited by TheZagPhish; 02-07-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Mrs. ZagPhish pointed out that she was left out of this post - and watching the games with her is the best part. Doh!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

GU Connection: Been to gamesat K1 since 5th Grade. Two best friends graduated.

Games in K2: All except San Diego this year and Idaho last year (son being born).

Board History: Lurked for last two years. First post.

GU Connection: Just a Spokane Native cheering on the Zags

Games in K2: None, maybe someday.

Board History: Lurker for about a year and a half now. I'm gonna try and make that change on the new board.

Default Intro

GU Connection: Former 16 year resident of Spokane. Parents still there.

Games in K2: Just once. Sat behind the lunatics of the Student Section. Love the energy!

Board History: Professional Lurker since January 2004. Logged a total of 15 posts during that span.

Default Silicon's story

I am a classmate of Reborn Zag. I live in Napa. I kind of rediscovered the Zags when I was working in the Silicon Valley. My lowest moment was in March of 2006 when we frittered away an 18 point lead to some miserable Bruins from Los Angeles.

If you want, I can write some poetry for you guys!

Sili

GU Connection: Wife went there, numerous friends and other family went, I graduated G-Prep in '88. Was confirmed and married in St. Al's. Just a long history with the school

Games in K2: Go 3-4 times per year, otherwise prefer to watch at home with wife and kids all in full Zag's gear after watching the good luck bunnies with my daughters on every game day.

Board History: Lurked for about a couple years on the other board. Started posting about 2 yrs ago. Not an analyst, but a huge GU Bball fan.

GU Connection: late 90's tourney games as an impressionable youth. hooked ever since. thankfully gives some balance to my college bball palate since Miami consistently is mind-bogglingly awful and poorly-coached.

Games in K2: hopefully soon. donors welcome.

Board History: mostly lurking for the past 3 years or so. getting the inside info from BZ esp during summer play tops my charts.

GU Connection: Nephew is being recruited by GU (class of 09). I moved here from MI in 2003 (GO BLUE!), had no idea what Gonzaga was, much less how popular the men's basketball team was! Invited my neph to come to visit, my husband knows a former player and told him neph was a baller, player told neph to go to camp while he was here, and the rest is history.

Games in K2: Three, all last year. Looking to go again this year! Ski season does get in the way, though...

Board History: Was invited to post on the board by BobZag 2 years ago.

I do love Spokane and would never move back to Michigan!
    Last edited by Angelo Roncalli; 02-07-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Talking Info

Current locale: VEGAS, BABY...

Orgin: Honolulu, Hawaii

Double Alum: '87 BA, Criminal Justice
    '90 JD

Zag Fan since 1980, but that was in baseball and both baseball and basketball in 1983-1987 and then just basketball post 1988

K2: None
    K : '83-87, most games with refreshment breaks in between...
    some 87 & 88, less 89,
    Away: Vegas

GU Connection: Lifelong fan, former Gonzaga basketball camp loyalist.

Games in K2: 1--St. Joe's last year. Countless games in the old Kennel, and the BiS games over on this side.

Board History: Posting fell off once I realized I had to do my college work. Now that I'm back in the working world, hoping to reinvent myself as an active poster.

Default Board Inroduction Thread

G.U. Connection: Am a shirttail relative of a former faculty member. Really got into Zag's hoops in 1999 and have been a rabid fan since.

Games In the Kennel or K2: One in the old Kennel against Eastern, One girls game in K2. All of the games played in the Arena.

Board History: Have been a lurker & poster since 2000 under various user names: aka: Desert Zag, Zagfan4reel, Zagnamaniac... and now HillBillyZag.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs

GU Connection: Graduate of 2002. Friend of, and lived with, a few past Kennel Club Presidents during it's last true years before being overrun by the University.

Games in K2: The Big "O." However I was sitting directly behind Dick Vitale at the GU vs. Duke game, and right next to Jim Calhoun a few years back.

Board History: Nothing of any real significance.

Hometown-Seattle (Well, Snoqualmie actually)

Connection-graduated in 94.

Kennel 1-never missed a game (including Athletes in Action et al) except when I was in Florence.

Kennel 2-One game-St. Louis a couple years back.

Default ZagSlug: Behind The Music

GU Connection: A Banana Slug that married up, zagirl2k being the victim

Games in K2: Saw Adam hit the winner vs. USF and USD 2 years ago thanks to Hondo.

Games in K1: Just one, saw Wazzu in the last season in K1 thanks to Kip the volleyball coach at GU.

On the road: Make all the Bay Area games and followed GU to Maui last year and Vegas the year before.

Board History: Found the board while looking for Kennel Club shirts, lurked awhile and then posted under the wife's name till I joined in 2003. Occasionally supply video and game photos for people on the board

http://www.thepelhams.org/zags

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Connection: Matriculated Sept 1969 on and off full and part time to BBA in 1976. Lived in Desmet one year the rest of the time off campus. Three cousins were Zags before me and three neices and two of theirs eventural husbands after.

Games in Kennedy in 69-70. After that working at night got in the way.
    Games in K2, none but was a general student backup to the SnakePit at Petcharvich in the early 70's.

Board history from Dec of 2003, and an ongoing activity as monitor since.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut