Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Official GUBoard Introduction Thread

G.U. Connection: Graduated in 1978 also married a '78 grad

Games in K2: Not yet. Attended all games '75 through '78 in K1 and like Zagfish, was able to have a great vantage point because of the "cheer gig"
    We attend games when our team plays in our area.

Board History: Discovered the board in 2006 and started posting.

GU Connection: MBA '88; JD '95

Games in K1: 3 - (1 as a Vandal - pre-GU connection)

Games in K2: Season tickets from start - missed a few

Board History: Primarily a lurker for a couple of years. Read the Board when I need to smile.

GU connection: '02 grad

Games: K1 - Every game during undergrad save for a couple during Frosh retreat and SEARCH. Every Battle in Seattle game, multiple road games, and 5 tourney games including win over Florida.
    K2 - 1 game

Board History: Constant lurker on Scout board, infrequent poster.). First post on new board.

GU Connection: Attended 1999 - 2003, my parents met and got married there, about 20 other family relatives attended there, my Godmother works in one of the study abroad offices in the ad building, a couple of my high school (Bellarmine Prep) friends played there....

Games in K2: None, unfortunately they didnt open it until the year after I graduated and i dont like driving to spokane in the winter very much...

Games in K1: Too many to count, i loved it when i was a freshman you didnt even need tickets to get in, just your student ID, those were the days...

The Board: I am often bored at work so i make frequent visits, some might say my job at work is to find ways to not work, but i still get my job done, but i am very sarcastic and like to shake things up sometimes just to entertain and get some more interesting things going than the usual lovey Dovey zag posters... No hard feelings

GU Connection: Current Student - class of 2008

Games in K1: 0

Games in K2: Only missed a game or two over xmas break

Road Games: WCC Tourney @ Santa Clara in 05. Usualy hit up Santa Clara & St. Marys games during winter break. This winter break will try for the LMU game while in So-Cal - and planning on going to the tourney at USD

Board History: Random posting, occasional Davids Pizza gatherings.

GU Connection: Current Student - class of 2008

Games in K1: 0

Games in K2: Only missed a game or two over xmas break

Road Games: WCC Tourney @ Santa Clara in 05. Usualy hit up Santa Clara & St. Marys games during winter break. I'm in the Pep Band so I get front row seats, all expenses paid trip to the NCAA's.

Board History: Random posting, occasional Davids Pizza gatherings.
    " 'Damn! I made a lot of stupid – and you can quote me on this – stupid-ass plays. Man, that's gross. But at least we got the win.' " -Jeremy Pargo

GU Connection: Alumus - Class of 2005

Games in K1: All but one from 2001 to Opening of K2 (Including Spokane Arena)

Games in K2: All in the 2004-2005 Inaugural Season and a minimum of 1 per year thereafter

Road Games: WCC Tourney @ Santa Clara in '04 and '05. Numerous Battle in Seattle. USD, Pepperdine, LMU annually.

Board History: Lurker on the "other board" from 2001 on, and after transitioning to the new board an active poster for a little less than a year.

GU Connection: JD 1994

Games in K1: 5-6

Games in K2: 2 (hopefully 5 more this year)

Board History: Discovered the Board about a year ago, lurked for a LONG time before opening my mouth to posting
    ZAGS RULE!!!

GU Connection: JD '04
    Games in K2: tragically, none. But have seen a few games in the Key arena
    Board History: I'm a lurker for sure....

Post hello

GU Connection: Graduate class of 2006

Games in K1: 1 against Montana, Stepp dropped 8 second half 3's

Games in K2: a bunch, both from the student section and once in some seats with a friend sitting next to George Gee, got into the Herak Club room that night too. Favorite games were against UW and when Batista's brother surprised him.

Board History: Been reading since March 2007 but still very hesitant to post.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

GU Connection: '01 GU Grad. Lifetime fan. Been called a "Gonzaga Posterboy" on more than one ocassion.

Games in K2: Sadly, 1. UW game 2006

Games in K1: Too many too count. Too many beers to remember anyway

Board History: Been reading the board on and off for 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

GU Connection: Class of '2008

Games in Kennel: Try to go as much as I can. Pumped for WAZZU! All-time favorite: Stanford (College Gameday) 2006

Board History Avid reader, checking multiple times a day. Hope to contribute more this season.

GU Connection: Class of 1988, brother-class of 1983

Games in K1 & K2: When C. Martin Center was still Kennedy...and 1st K2 game - last yr vs. St Mary's (Pargo's dunk etched in my memory from the skybox)

Board History: 2 years admiring how quick news travels and then INTO THE LIGHT.
    montanazag88
    P....A....TIENCE!

Default PD Pedigree

GU Connection: Class of '85

Games in K1: Too many to count, but I was at the final game at the old Kennel/Kennedy/Martin Centre.

Games in K2: Santa Clara game in '06, and the St. Mary's game in '07. Will be at the LMU game this year.

Board History: Been around since '99.

GU connection: Class of 2007. Currently a medical student at Oregon Health & Science University ("Pill Hill" here in Portland)

Games in K2: All but 2 games the first 3 years. They built the damn thing 80 yards from my dorm room in SW C/M my freshman year. Had an inch of dirt built up from all the dirt on my top shelf at the end of the year.

Games in K1: Every single game in the '03-'04 season, including the one where they retired Stockton's number (still got the shirt)

Board history: Started posting on scout in '04 (wasn't MedZag then). Followed the masses here at the switch.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

GU connection: My sister's daughter is a GU grad. I have money put away to send my own daughter when the time comes.

Games in K2: Never been

Games in K1: Never been

Games in Arena: Saw Zags play Memphis in 2007.

Games recorded on DVD: Almost every televised game that Adam Morrison played in.

Board history: Long time Scout lurker (over several boards). Not an active poster until the last year or so.
    I miss Mike Hart

Default Sarenyon

Taking ZN's advice....

GU Connection: Grad '96 (BA History)

Games in K2: None

Game in K1: very home game from spring of 94 - 96. Many games before that.

Board History: Started reading the Scout Board in '05, began intermediate posting in '06. Still don't post much.

GU Connection: Undergrad degree in 1995; MBA in 2001
    Games in K2: UW game in 2007; St. Mary's in 2008;
    Games in K1: All in undergrad except junior year (in Florence). I had a work study job in the Athletic Dept. and often worked the baseline to prevent people from crossing during a game. This was when Fitz was the coach, and I remember yelling at Monson (who I didn't recognize as assistant #1) to not cross the baseline! Saw plenty of games with Steve Nash and Doug Christie...such great memories.
    On the road: Duke game in NYC in Dec. 2006; Memphis at the Spokane Arena in 2007; Missouri, OK State at the Battle in Seattle.
    Favorite GU Hoops memory: John Rillie and Company, and our first run to the Dance.

Connection: Graduated in 1967 in Mathematics

Games: Every game in college and went to many of them when I was in high school at G-P.

Board history: I started reading about 2 years ago and then in the last year decided to do some writing on it.

GU Connection: Fan since I started watching college ball
    Games in K2: None, but planning a road trip next winter.
    Games on the road: Duke at the Garden
    Board History: Lurker on Scout and then here for years, now I occasionally post. I visit it daily after I check my e-mail.

Cool

GU Connection: '05 Grad, family friends with grads from the 60's

Games in K2: all of them in the 04-05 season, plus a few since...Stanford in 06, SMC in 08.

Board History: Joined a few months ago after reading for a few months. I couldn't control my obsession anymore...nor keep my love for Pendo quiet

Thanks for the hint to come over here ZagNative!

Default My intro-400 and some posts later...

Location: Greenville, NC (Senior at East Carolina University)

Games in K2: ZERO, but I'm definately making the trip next year.

GU Road Games: Two this year- At Memphis and the tourney loss to Davidson in CZF's backyard.

GU Connection: Man, I really don't how I became a GU fan. It was kind of like a love at first sight kind of thing that dates back to 8th Grade (1999). Growing up in ACC country, just an hour away from Tobacco Road, you would think I would be a fan of one of those three. While Duke is my favorite of the three, I never felt the connection with any of the Big 3 here in NC. I guess I've always had a softspot for underdogs, seeing how I have always been undersized and possess minimal athleticism, but have learned with hustle, heart, and playing smart; you can narrow the gap. I followed GU through the internet after 1999, but I never would have imagined that this program would have grown to the level that it has maintained over the last 10 years. I also am thrilled that Gonzaga has several nationally televised games each year now, and I never miss one although I stay up until 2:00 a.m.

In short, I wasn't a Bulldog born and not GU bred, but when I die I'll definately be a Bulldog dead!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

GU Connection: '02 undergad; '05 law school; '06 MBA. Kennel Club President for 03-04 season.

Games in K2: Only 2 games in K2.

Board History: I've been reading the board for about four years (old board then new board); not a heavy poster, but try to read every thread on the MBB thread.

Location: Spokane, WA. Born and raised in northern California. Went to UCLA for undergrad.

GU Connection: Current GU law student. Class of '09. Parents are both GU law alumni and eastern Washington natives.

Games in K2: Pepperdine, LMU, St. Mary's, and Santa Clara -- all last year.

Board History: I first found out about GUBoards this year, and it quickly became one of my favorite websites (and a huge drawback to my overall productivity).

Games in K1/K2: Zilch, so far

Board history: Since Feb. '07. Not much of a poster until I entered the FOO a few months back. I've since padded my post total in the FOO with usually inane and/or irreverent comments. Although I spend most of my time in the FOO, I still love the many great threads on the MBB. I ignore the nattering nabobs after a loss, but I definitely share their pain. I greatly respect the insight of many of the MBB posters. Definitely the best college hoops board on the planet. Thanks to all those who keep me sane, interested and informed.

Biggest regret: Not having the ability to rep more.

GU connection: the following is what I posted back in Oct. '07 about my evolution as a Zags fan...

I grew up in the Dayton,OH area during the 60s and much of the 70s. While there wasn’t exactly a dearth of good college hoops in the area, I was completely unable to latch on to the UD Flyers, despite their fairly rich local tradition…afterall, they did lose to UCLA in the ’67 NCAA finals. To satisfy my unquenchable desire to adopt a favorite team, my mind drifted west to UCLA. Afterall, how could I ignore the mystical charm of Wooden and the talent of Alcindor, Allen, Wicks and Rowe? Consistency, reliability, poise and greatness were attributes I couldn’t ignore. Obviously, they didn’t disappoint me until about the time Larry Brown left town.

I stuck with the Bruins up until about the time I graduated from San Diego State in 1982. The Aztecs were definitely my second favorite team and I didn’t miss a single game while I was there. I thoroughly enjoyed watching players like Tony Gwynn, Michael Cage and Eddie Gordon. Though inconsistent and many times disappointing, they were highly competitive and exciting to watch. My highlight game was when Tony Gwynn led the Aztecs to a thrilling win over Danny Ainge’s very strong and ranked BYU team. Gwynn and Cage dominated that game. It was no fluke that Gwynn was subsequently drafted by the Clippers and Cage went on to have a long, successful NBA career as one of the league’s all-time leading rebounders.

Without a favorite team, I remained a huge college hoops fanatic. It was around 1994 that I began to notice a scrappy program from the Northwest. Though I was very familiar with Stockton’s exploits at Gonzaga during the early ‘80s, I sensed something was starting to develop. I began to follow the Zags, intrigued by their potential. Amazingly, the ’98-’99 season did not seal the deal for me. I tuned in for the following season, despite Monson’s decision to leave. I quickly realized that Mark Few was one of the integral cogs in the Zags’ evolution, and there was no doubt the program was on the rise. I don’t need to bore you all with the rest, but the rest is history.

I’ve been a member of this board since February, and it’s amazing how informative and civilized things are. I’m not a prolific poster, and will only post when I have something at least halfway intelligent to say, otherwise, I’m content just reading all the great information. I post this, not to call attention to myself, but to show my appreciation for the many great contributors on this board. Needless to say, I cannot wait until the season begins. Ladies and gentlemen, the last 9 years have been amazing, but I truly believe the Zags are on the cusp of greatness…the recruiting has been phenomenal and will pay big dividends. I’m really looking forward to the Zags coming to town to play LMU and Pepperdine in January…my son and I will be there, clad in clashing Zags Gear. BTW, how do I procure a couple of those fine Kennel t-shirts?