Thread: Home At Last (OT)

Default Home At Last (OT)

I just returned home after a near 5 hour drive from Spokane(istan).

I am an old alum, but got to really see the campus for the first time in a long time, and got to see it through the eyes of a wide-eyed high school kid, whom I had brought to campus.

Our school, our campus, the students, the Kennel, our team were all....spectacular! Even the weather, although cool, was sunny.

Those of you who get to see it on a regular basis, may not realize how remarkable our little school is. Believe me, it is amazing on so many levels.

We got a tour of campus by a thoughtful, articulate and pleasant young lady.

We got to attend our drubbing of UCNR and see the beautiful building itself.

We got to see Matt dunk!!! and Micah too! Twice!

I got to see some old friends and meet new ones. (El Voce, Hondo, Sec116)

I got to thank BobZag for all he does. You are my hero Bob.

The Kennedy/Martin Center was FULL of students working out at 10:15 Saturday morning, as was new, spectacular library.

Spokane glistened in the wintery frost. The Falls, awesome.

I was overcome with nostalgia when going up the stairs in the AD building as I had done so many times, so many years ago.

I am at my home now and I am thankful for it.

But I may never feel as at home as I did on those blocks off Boone.

Gonzaga is about so much more than basketball.

But it sure is fun to have the basketball too.

Thanks for listening.

Go Zags!

A great post that should find a home in Mae's Blue & White Cafe.

Default Priceless

Thanks RenoZag.

I can't even begin to tell you....

I just graduated five years ago and walk around campus as much as I can when I'm back visiting friends/family. It's amazing how much it has changed in such a short time, whether the changes are large or small.
    Gonzaga is about so much more than basketball.
    Indeed it is.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

Great post, HRZag! When it warms up a little, I need to make the cross-town trip from my home up south and really take some time scouting out the whole campus.

Thanks for posting the photo of the handsome fellows! Hope the younster is soon bouncing with the Kennel Club!

El Voce Guest

HR -- Very eloquently put! It was my pleasure to see you again. I'm glad you and the prospective young Zag with you had a great time. Also, happy to hear that you made it home safely.

I try to never take the GU campus for granted, even though I am down there fairly regularly. Anyone who attended GU in the '60's (when I did) would be stunned to see the tremendous growth on campus. Thanks for the reminder about what a great place we have here!

See you in San Diego??

Good to see you, HRZag. It was fun. Lots of old memories in the Ad Building, for sure.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Nice post HRZag - I haven't been on campus since 1968, but will definitely check it out next spring when I visit Spokane.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra

Pleased to finally meet you as well HRZag. Perhaps it will not be so very long until you return for another game. At times the campus seems to change as fast as Las Vegas. Just the other day the wife and I were headed to a parking lot near the Knights of Columbus and turned down a street that was no longer a street. More of a pedestrian mall, and quite nice, near the new book store.

Default Kennedy Apartments

The new "bookstore" is pretty nice. I hit it about three times if I recall. Maybe more.

Did they ever figure out what happened with the fire? Arson?

The campus really looks great. I love the banners. "Find Your Passion".

It made me proud. Very proud indeed.