Thread: Your very FIRST post...

Arrow Your very FIRST post...

2 things here---

First off, can you remember what your very first post was??

Second- If you could do it over again and be new, what would your first post be?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I don't remember my first. I should have posted it the Men's basketball thread so I could have received one of Woohoo's world famous greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    I'm sure either UNC or Duke holds that in the ACC right?

And Kentucky in the SEC.
    That was my very first post to this board.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

"Where's my rep?"

My first post had I been an arrogant, demanding, selfish wiener.

Those attributes developed later, though.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    Kitz, that article was one of the funniest things i've ever read

It does kind of make sense, doesn't it?
    That was my first Foo post...can you believe I didn't post in the Foo during it's first month of existence?
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

So, if we have a disagreement on this board, that means we're

Foo fighters ?
    First GUB post. . .in the Foo. . .

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    2 things here---

First off, can you remember what your very first post was??

Second- If you could do it over again and be new, what would your first post be?
    woohoo, I can't remember what I had for lunch two days ago. I'd be willing to bet that my first post was on the OCC, and I'll leave it at that.

Don't think I'd change it, especially if the topic is what I think it was...and I'll leave it at that.

I have no idea of my first post on this board, hell I have trouble remembering my last post, let alone something back last February. Whatever it was I doubt if I would change it.

I do remember little about my first post on the first GU board. I jumped in with a post commenting on/protesting something another post had written. Only thing is I overlooked the and failed to realize that the poster was being sarcastic. He brought this to my attention, and being the shy, insecure, retiring person I am became a lurker, afraid to post, worried that I may say/post the wrong thing. Now after years of therapy consisting of countless thousands of meaningless post I have come out of my I have overcome this previous reticence to post.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomZagFan View Post
    I don't remember my first. I should have posted it the Men's basketball thread so I could have received one of Woohoo's world famous greetings.
    That may one day be remedied, Random One. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

the greeting was, to say the least, ridiculous. in the best sense of the word possible.

also Random. obviously your an Arsenal (Im a Liverpool fan, grrrr). How did you become a fan of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagme-totheleft! View Post
    the greeting was, to say the least, ridiculous. in the best sense of the word possible.

also Random. obviously your an Arsenal (Im a Liverpool fan, grrrr). How did you become a fan of them?
    I joined the Arsenal bandwagon because I was attracted to their style of play. It's pure joy to watch their free-flowing, always-attacking, offensive-minded tactics. Basically, Arsenal is the soccer equivalent of Gonzaga Basketball.

Plus, the logo has a cool cannon and the uniforms are very stylish. Nuff Said!

I joined the Arsenal bandwagon because I was attracted to their style of play. It's pure joy to watch their free-flowing, always-attacking, offensive-minded tactics. Basically, Arsenal is the soccer equivalent of Gonzaga Basketball.

Plus, the logo has a cool cannon and the uniforms are very stylish. Nuff Said!
    Random, you surprised me, also in the best sense possible. To be honest, I was worried that you were like one of the many European fans of the Yankees, based purely on the fact that they are the YANKEES so everyone in Europe loves them. I live in Ireland currently, so have began to respect the game of "football" especially European football, more specifically, the English Premiership. Liverpool caught my attention from day one.

Lucky for you, Arsenal is quickly pulling away from the pact, ahead 7 points as of today I believe (dont quote me on that but I know that they are unbeatable, literally).

I apologize to all posters on this thread for the tangent, I understand this subject has nothing to do with GU basketball, let alone basketball in general

I apologize to all posters on this thread for the tangent, I understand this subject has nothing to do with GU basketball, let alone basketball in general
    You're in The Foo. . .there are no rules in The Foo. No apologies are ever required here.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    You're in The Foo. . .there are no rules in The Foo. No apologies are ever required here.
    Wow, and I thought I was enjoyin myself in this forum hours ago. Thank YOU RenoZag!

What an outrage! Give me your eyes!
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

I miss reading TheBeast. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I miss reading TheBeast. . .
    One of the beast.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

.I can remember that it was in November of 2007 it was about the first meeting between GU and the toppers
    Last edited by 83topper; 11-24-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: .misspelling
    "Bringing you more of little since 2007"

What happened to Random?

Quote Originally Posted by GPGUgrad View Post
    What happened to Random?
    GA's first post had something to do with poop, right

I can't remember my first overall post, but here's my first post in the Foo...

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...244#post700244
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

There was an excellent article on the rise of the Gonzaga basketball program and its impact on the university in the New York Times. It posted just as the 2002 NCAA Tournament was kicking off. You might have to dig to find it, but it would be a good reference.
    From this thread.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...adership-Study
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

It was working for my uncle, stringing a barbed wire fence...just the first of MANY posts. Their name is legion.

He cheated, however.

He split the posts, sharpened their ends on a huge saw run off the tractor PTO and soaked them in diesel for a few weeks.

He made a cylinder with a door, suspended from the boom on another tractor, with a hammer running off the PTO, a slipped connection that would raise it 3 feet and release it...over and over and over and (well you get the picture).

My job was to grab a treated post from the truck bed, position it in the correct spot, inside the cylinder, and hold it steady while the hammer did it's thing. THOUSANDS of posts.

We could hammer in a couple of miles of posts and stretch the barbed wire, nail it in place, all in a day.

So yes, I used to fence when I was younger. Did a little epee too.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!