Thread: Oh Yee of little faith...

Default Oh Yee of little faith...

... A little reality check here, folks.

We've got a team down arguably its best player to injury and from the coaches opinion the best newcomer on the team, also to injury, and yet we are 6 and 1.

This squad has gutted out 2 come from behind in the second half wins.

Tonights win was in about as hostile an atmosphere as our boys are going to face this season and yet they gutted on the W.

Several of our resident experts have warned that there were going to be growing pains with this team. I think they have been excellently prophetic.

All that said, after a win like tonights, I would expect to come to the board and read about how much character our team showed, how they showed courage in the face of adversity, how they executed when it really counted, how the coaches called some excellent plays down the stretch and some admiration for the poise some of our younger players demonstrated.

Unfortunately, not so much.

Tell ya what, instead of "the sky is falling" this team to nth degree, let's show a little support. They won a great game tonight. It wasn't perfect or pretty, but it was a W and that deserves some praise.

Let's all send some collective positive energy towards the East Coast and kick some Husky ass on Saturday. I'm looking forward to another impressive win.

How 'bout it?!?! You all with me?
    Last edited by former1dog; 11-30-2007 at 11:04 AM.

I'm with ya F1.... The lack of support here tonight is rather pathetic. I think winning the game tonight was sheer genius considering what was happening at about 4 minutes left! I love this team and am glad they aren't peaking in November for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Let's all send some collective positive energy towards the East Coast and kick some Husky ass on Saturday. I'm looking forward to another impressive win.
    HAHA YES

BRAAVO BRAVO!!! we won. st joes reminds of the kennel. not a fun place to go to for an opponent and super tough to gut out a win. but the guys did. i think this season every guy will be a leading scorer one game and not show that well in the box score the next. we have alot of depth and people who contribute, more even scoring by 3 or 4 guys than 28 by one. i like it. add josh and more chemistry as the year goes on, instant sweet 16. great post F1, and kudos for the follow up zaggy!

Nice post, F1D. The team isn't perfect - every little mistake can be dissected, but that misses the point of being a fan: to support the team and enjoy yourself doing it. Go Zags!!

Default Hip-hip...

..Hooray! We won, but from the sounds of some of the posts you'ld think not
    A very beautiful comeback on the road, a gutsy win against a very capable foe. And the first 12 minutes was a veritable clinic: no turnovers, 67% shooting, perfect at the line. Come on, give them a break! They will put it all to gether when it counts.
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

It was a good win today but we are all enthusiastic and at times emotional fans and there is nothing wrong with voicing our praise and dissatisfactions with the Zags - that is what this forum is for... it can't always be Mr Rogers Neighborhood. Praise and criticism are all part of the human condition which we all share.

I agree 100% Former1dog!!! It was a great win for a young team in a tough place. Go Zags!!!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post

How 'bout it?!?! You all with me?
    Just checking to see if anyone else is with me?

Let's Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

i totally agree formerf1.

Also, if I hear one more thing about Pargo I might go off for the first time on this board. Pargo was absolutely mobbed all game and the 3 TO's is a victory in itself. He also played fantastic defense and thats what won us this game. Dickau may have had the best offensive stretch down to the wire against St. Joes in the past, but Pargo had one of the best defensive stretches for the whole game and that was absoultely huge. Thank you Pargo for running this team and for doing what needed to be done. Here's to another good game on Saturday.
    It's F4 or bust.

Default Amen

I'm not a polyanna on this board (and have never been a frequent poster), but I can say that I'm in whole hearted agreement with what's being said in this thread. Yes, there's a whole lot of things to be fixed or are in progress with this team, but last night was a tough, tough win that should be celebrated on its own merit. There definitely was some coming-of-age that occurred and I'm proud of the guys for sticking with it instead of folding. It's really disappointing to have so many posters seeking perfection or deriding effort, and "what-if'ing", after a game like that. But some people will never be happy, no matter the outcome.

I just hope the players and their families realize how many fans on here do trully support the team through thick and thin and won't hop off the bandwagon, screaming that the sky is falling.

Huge win last night. A win tomorrow would really help take the sting out of a potential loss to Wazzu next week. To make it through the end of '07 at 12-2 would be an amazing start to the season.

I'm totally with you F1D. As I said yesterday in a different thread,(http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....ad.php?t=7244),
    time to get over the "bemoaning" of one bad game and move on to encourage and send positive vibes to our boys on the east coast!
    ZAGS RULE!!!

I'm sticking to my 2-0 "east coast swing" prediction.

1992 dream team VS 2007-2008 zags...........DAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAGS!

I'm with you 100%. It wasn't that long ago BZ call for patience with this years team....they are young and a work in progress. So far I like it.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    It was a good win today but we are all enthusiastic and at times emotional fans and there is nothing wrong with voicing our praise and dissatisfactions with the Zags - that is what this forum is for... it can't always be Mr Rogers Neighborhood. Praise and criticism are all part of the human condition which we all share.
    As much as I'd like to tell everyone what to post, I have to agree with this. People can post what they want here (w/in the rules of the forum, of course) and if they want to take a dump on the board right after a win, so be it. I can choose what to read, and what to skip. I can even put people on my ignore list if I really want to. The only thing is - those that are constantly negative shouldn't be shocked if people don't like what they post.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Count me in.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.