Thread: This is troubling

Default This is troubling

From this AM's Oklahoman. This is JP's team isn't it?

"Former Sooner Price attacked"

"From staff reports
    Former Oklahoma basketball star Hollis Price, now playing with a pro team in Lithuania, was attacked by skinheads following a game Friday night, according to reports on the web.

Price wasn't hurt seriously and played the next day.

According to ballineurope.com, Price, who played point guard for Lietuvos Rytas was attacked by three men after a game in Vilnius. Witnesses, including some journalists and students, stopped the fight.

According to the web site, the Lietuvos Rytas team "is known for having an ‘Ultras' fan club that is carrying flags with racist symbols.”

He previously played for ALBA Berlin in Germany, Le Mans in France and CB Sevilla in Spain.

Price played at OU from 1999 to 2003, leading the Sooners to the 2002 Final Four."

By all accounts, Price is really a great guy too.

Birddog

obviously he wasn't hanging out with Batista that night. I'd like to see them attack JP.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Crazy fans, yes, but I didnt see anything racial at the game I attended. They are like a group of european soccer fans that get put at a basketball game.

All in all, Vilnius is a very welcoming city with very pro-american citizens (less and less common in europe these days). After all, we helped them gain their independence from Russia no more than 20 years ago.

Zagnut, do you know what's up with JP? Last time I checked, he'd played in only one game, and then only briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Zagnut, do you know what's up with JP? Last time I checked, he'd played in only one game, and then only briefly.
    His site: http://web.mac.com/jpbatista13/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

He hasn't played in all the games this year apparently...maybe he's injured?
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Severe ankle sprain in the first day of practice...been slow to heal

He has just began playing major minutes again