Thread: Doba ....

Default Doba ....

gone. He was a good Coug. Nice win on Saturday.

I'm not feeling the love for Mike Price.

Quote Originally Posted by jbslicer View Post
    I'm not feeling the love for Mike Price.
    Does Pullman have a strip joint?

Doba is a great guy, a nice fella, and he is a quality assistant, but an average head coach. All the best to him.

I'd be all over Peterson at BSU if I were the AD.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Wazzu would not be that big of a step up from Boise State.

Quote Originally Posted by jbslicer View Post
    Wazzu would not be that big of a step up from Boise State.
    True. I'd still go after Peterson like there's no tomorrow, though. The options listed in the S-R today are weak, imo.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Chris Petersen will make about $900,000 this year at Boise State. There is not a sliver of a chance that he would take the head coaching job in Pullman. Among the many reasons for that is the proximity of a major hospital, which is a requirement for one of his kids.

Boise State will have a huge new press box, luxury suites, and loge suites opening next season, and we anticipate another major expansion of the stadium very soon. It is very likely that Boise State will be invited into a better conference soon. Chris Petersen may very well leave at some point, but the suitor is going to have to meet some critical conditions in order for him to be pried away from Boise.

Petersen is supposedly on Arkansas' "short list", but that hospital thing may be a big impediment. I don't think Fayetteville has anything close to a "major" hospital. Petersen will be highly sought after the year with this current openings even before the dominoes start falling.

Birddog

Former Coug coach Jim Walden likes EWU's Paul Wulff as next HC. Wulff should be given strong consideration.

No doubt Petersen has and will get calls. Zagco understands he's had a couple so far, both of which were rejected.

Personally, Zagco expects him to stay this year almost no matter what comes forward. There's a lot going on at Boise behind the scenes involving a lot of money and major campus improvements, much of which is not known.

His current salary is already extremely high. Zagco thinks the keys things in the near term for him to remain happy here are:

(1) A move up in conference (he does not like playing in empty and sub-par facilities like San Jose, Utah State, New Mexico State, and Idaho, and the conference strength is a real concern after the top 3 teams);
    (2) A major stadium expansion; and
    (3) Continued upward movement in recruiting quality.

If he left, Zagco thinks Boise would go after Dirk Koetter hard.