• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by baitcast View Post
    I watched the AZ. game as will and looked for similarities and they were there, Pro....transition....everybody scores but Ballo...
    run like hell...fun to watch and they are a top 5 team......con..no three pointe DD, one last thing who do we have who knows EU ball players
    Ballo is Tommy’s Arlauskas. Actually there both Tommy’s. …hold on, Omar got 6 vs Illini, no way Arlo does that.

Comment

• katman50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

In 11 minutes of play, Ballo did score 6 points and got a couple rebounds.

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
        In 11 minutes of play, Ballo did score 6 points and got a couple rebounds.
        From what I saw yesterday, he’s now got a hint of swagger and looks to be on the cusp of being a solid 10-minute contributor on a top-5 team

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
          From what I saw yesterday, he’s now got a hint of swagger and looks to be on the cusp of being a solid 10-minute contributor on a top-5 team
          Maybe. Big cusp. But next year’s for certain crop of five stars and Burger boys will likely send him back to the chorus.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

Ballo has a soft mid-range hands but very hard hands on the catch. He’s a good backup on team that needs a defensive fill-in. Coach Fee demands too much from his hugs for Ballo to work here. Tommy has a defense-first team down there and his team reminds me of Virginia, Texas Tech or teams like that— play really tough defense and get enough points in ugly games.

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
              Ballo has a soft mid-range hands but very hard hands on the catch. He’s a good backup on team that needs a defensive fill-in. Coach Fee demands too much from his hugs for Ballo to work here. Tommy has a defense-first team down there and his team reminds me of Virginia, Texas Tech or teams like that— play really tough defense and get enough points in ugly games.
              Maybe Tommy had a smaller doghouse too? I don’t know

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
                Maybe Tommy had a smaller doghouse too? I don’t know
                He definitely lets his players rip.

Comment

• Bing
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

Not sure about “missing” Tommy but one thing is for sure.

I am tired of hearing about him.

Glad there weren’t threads moaning about losing Billy, or Leon, or Ray.

Guys move on. Tommy moved on. I dealt with it months ago.

But hey!!!

Let’s have more reasons to rip Few.
                  gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Maybe we are hearing about Tommy because he has had more success than Billy or Leon or Ray or any of the others....or it might be that his team looks more like Gonzaga than Gonzaga right now...

The entire college basketball world is talking about Tommy and his team, and I suspect the talk will get even louder....

Comment

• strikenowhere
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                      Maybe we are hearing about Tommy because he has had more success than Billy or Leon or Ray or any of the others....or it might be that his team looks more like Gonzaga than Gonzaga right now...

The entire college basketball world is talking about Tommy and his team, and I suspect the talk will get even louder....
                      Yup - Arizona is the new hotness. The Zags are already starting to get the has-been treatment. I'm guessing in a couple of weeks we'll be seeing Arizona getting the nod for the #1 in the West.

Comment

• bigblahla
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                        Yup - Arizona is the new hotness. The Zags are already starting to get the has-been treatment. I'm guessing in a couple of weeks we'll be seeing Arizona getting the nod for the #1 in the West.
                        Think we're missing him now... wait until next season.... this may be our last real chance at the Natty... the cupboard is thin next year... other than Watson... it will be an inexperienced front court with no one over 6'10" combined with talented but still inexperienced guards... if GU doesn't make hay in the transfer portal in the off season then it will be a very long year and we'll be lucky to get to 25 wins... ask Jazz... I'm an optimist 99% of the time. I love the game of basketball and Gonzaga is my only TEAM... but reality is what it is... we will need big time help in 2022-23...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
                        "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Might even happen this week.

Comment

• strikenowhere
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
                            Think we're missing him now... wait until next season.... this may be our last real chance at the Natty... the cupboard is thin next year... other than Watson... it will be an inexperienced front court with no one over 6'10" combined with talented but still inexperienced guards... if GU doesn't make hay in the transfer portal in the off season then it will be a very long year and we'll be lucky to get to 25 wins... ask Jazz... I'm an optimist 99% of the time. I love the game of basketball and Gonzaga is my only TEAM... but reality is what it is... we will need big time help in 2022-23...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
                            Agreed - seems like the Zags' recruiting success was partially due to the dearth of high-quality P5 programs out west. If Arizona continues to pick up steam, it is pretty easy to see where the recruiting landscape is going to trend going forward. There's a big nagging thought in the back of my mind that the program has missed its one shot at the ring last year and the chance isn't going to come around again.

Comment

• SorenTodd45
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2019

C'mon, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Please let us take a close look at the remaining schedules for both teams. The Cats have far more heavy hitters to play than we do. If the Cats somehow go 4-0 against both UCLA and USC, then well, yeah, they might deserve that high seed. But what are the odds of that happening?

Zags could very well go 16-0 or 15-1 vs the WCC; there's little chance of AZ replicating that in the much tougher P12.

Comment

• strikenowhere
                                Zag for Life
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                                C'mon, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Please let us take a close look at the remaining schedules for both teams. The Cats have far more heavy hitters to play than we do. If the Cats somehow go 4-0 against both UCLA and USC, then well, yeah, they might deserve that high seed. But what are the odds of that happening?

Zags could very well go 16-0 or 15-1 vs the WCC; there's little chance of AZ replicating that in the much tougher P12.
                                You honestly think this team, based on how they've played so far this season, could easily go 16-0 or 15-1 in what looks to be a much-improved WCC? Arizona doesn't even have to do that well; Split with UCLA/USC and drop an away game to Colorado & Utah and they'd still be a lock for a #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X