Notre Dame @ Boston College - 3:00 - ACCN

4:00
    UT-RGV @ #7 Texas - LONG
    #8 Kansas @ St. John's - FS1
    Rutgers @ Illinois - ESPN2

Bryant @ #15 Houston - 5:00 - ESPN+
    Iowa @ #2 Purdue - 6:00 - BTN

Have a fine Friday, sports fans. . .
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-03-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Cool Iowa v. Purdue: AP & Coaches Polls

Iowa v. Purdue is a national big deal, big deal for us. (1) Both are undefeated. (2) If Purdue and GU win Friday/Saturday, then Monday's AP Top Two teams will likely be Purdue and GU. (Of course, if defending National Champ Baylor's still undefeated on Monday, they may leapfrog the Zags to the No. 2 spot.)

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Boston College takes down the Fighting Irish, 73-57. Surrey, BC, native James Karnik led the Eagles with 17pts, 13 boards.

Halftime Updates

Kansas up 13 over St. John's. Texas leads UT-RGV by 5. Illinois leads Rutgers by 20.

Iowa's Keegan Murray (ankle) is OUT for tonight's game against Purdue, per a school spokesman. Averages 24.6 PPG and 8.9 RPG.

(Per Jon Rothstein, via Twitter)

With that news, my expectations for a close game have diminished greatly. . .

UCLA's game scheduled for Sunday at Washington has been canceled due to COVID-19 issues in the Huskies' program, resulting in a Washington forfeit.

It's the first game cancellation to result in a forfeit this season.

Washington was also forced to postpone its Thursday game against Arizona, but the two teams agreed to reschedule it for Jan. 25. Pac-12 policy for this season states that the two programs must mutually decide on a date to play the postponed game; if the two teams cannot agree on a date, the team impacted by COVID-19 will forfeit the game.

UCLA will get a Pac-12 win for the game against Washington, while the Huskies will suffer a Pac-12 loss.

However, the NCAA views the game as a no-contest and it will not impact either team's overall win-loss record.

(Per ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    UCLA's game scheduled for Sunday at Washington has been canceled due to COVID-19 issues in the Huskies' program, resulting in a Washington forfeit.
    Hopefully we are keeping a close eye on this situation, as we are scheduled to play UW on the 12th. If that game can't happen, hopefully we can schedule some other weak sauce on the 13th or 14th, as our next game isn't until the following weekend at the Feetprint Center.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

The Huskies can't put a team on the court? I don't understand the article it's vague.

Purdue is good but I don’t see them being #1 for long. Iowa wins that game at full strength. Big 10 overrated again this year. Did everyone already forget last March? Conference RPI is 1, they probably get 8 teams in and have 1 left the second weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jayray View Post
    Purdue is good but I don’t see them being #1 for long. Iowa wins that game at full strength. Big 10 overrated again this year. Did everyone already forget last March? Conference RPI is 1, they probably get 8 teams in and have 1 left the second weekend.
    Purdue didn’t overwhelm Iowa but I love watching them play. I think they are a great team and really fun to watch. They will be a Final Four pick in my bracket as long as they aren’t in Zags region.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Not hoops, but the Montana Grizzlies beat the Eastern Eaglets 57-41 last night.

Why is ESPN putting all these games on ESPN+? (well actually I know. They get paid another time)
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Not hoops, but the Montana Grizzlies beat the Eastern Eaglets 57-41 last night.

Why is ESPN putting all these games on ESPN+? (well actually I know. They get paid another time)
    We signed up for ESPN+ in order to watch that game. That itself was an ordeal.

Tough game to watch after the first quarter and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    We signed up for ESPN+ in order to watch that game. That itself was an ordeal.

Tough game to watch after the first quarter and a half.
    Sorry for you. My Dad taught at Montana and I lived there for many years. My nephew got is BA from Montana and his Masters from Eastern, and lots of cousins kids are Eagles.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?