Thread: Victor Wembanyama - 'Unicorn times 10'

Default Victor Wembanyama - 'Unicorn times 10'

Posting this here, just because I'm not certain if GU is actively pursuing this guy. If we're not, we should be. Not the big bruiser many on the board, including myself, think we need, but I sure wouldn't say no if he wanted to be a Zag. Get this guy on campus, even if it's just for a visit!

Meet 16-year-old French prospect Victor Wembanyama: 'Unicorn times 10'

If you do not know the name Victor Wembanyama, it is worth dropping everything to learn about the 16-year-old, 7-foot-3 big from France.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/07/30/vic...yZt-wD-dTnseug

This is an article from July 2020, and it makes me think he might have been mentioned on the GU Boards in the past.

It says towards the bottom of the article that it's unlikely that he'll go the college basketball route, but rather he'll likely turn pro with the same team and get paid to play til he's old enough for the NBA draft. Sure would like to see him in a Zags uniform nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    It says towards the bottom of the article that it's unlikely that he'll go the college basketball route, but rather he'll likely turn pro with the same team and get paid to play til he's old enough for the NBA draft. Sure would like to see him in a Zags uniform nonetheless.
    That's my fault, missed that in the article, or just didn't read the whole thing. My bad.

Feels more likely that he would go to Arizona if anything :P

He is the best NBA prospect in the world by a pretty wide margin. Just a matter of staying healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Feels more likely that he would go to Arizona if anything :P

He signed a contract but isn’t getting paid? Is he academically qualified for the NCAA? Sorry, the European system is confusing for me. Interesting though, that he was kept out of INSEP’s clutches, but at least they’re good at the paperwork. Maybe he’s just passing time until the NBA scoops him up? The French kids always make remarks about the food here too.

…not that I blame them.

I just watched his FIBA highlights. Goodness! He stays vertical for all those blocks! Just like a pogo stick.
    Bonjour tristesse.