Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Zags are facing a tough Crimson Tide team in Seattle. Zags are coming off a loss to Duke and tight win over Tarleton State. Bama has one loss, to Iona, and came back with wins over Drake and Miami.ill the Zags get all the cobwebs out and play their game or will the Tide roll and beat the Zags?

What are you hoping to see on Saturday? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!

GO ZAGS!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 92-82

I want to see some rested players punching Alabama in the mouth at the beginning of the game. Want to see limited turnovers, crisp passing, solid three point shooting, and solid defense for 40 minutes. Nembhard and Timme get back on track.

If we see the intensity and lock in that we witnessed vs UCLA than I feel great.
    Zags 85
    Bama74
    America's Team!

Bama could boat race us

They have scored 90+ 3 times this season

Fast, athletic, uptempo, transition team.

Ranked Top 10 til losing to upstart Iona program under Rick Pitino

They crushed their last 2 opponents, including Miami by 30.

We continue to play sticky hero ball (only 9 assists last game), we will get run outta the gym.

Not sure what team shows up?

We seem deflated, careless, tired, & lackadaisical right now.

Was it Vegas hangover or team dynamics? We shall see.

Find a 2nd ball screen option outside only Nembhard. Rasir is opportunistic yet we never run plays for him. Dumb. Its precisely what Duke keyed on. Nembhard looks like he's still reminiscing the UCLA game. Play Sallis more. Play Timme less -- he's tired and weary legged. Utilize Hickman as a primary ballhandler not just a gimmick to get the ball across half court. Let Watson control ball on hi lo action. Run plays to get Bolton shots. Switch up defenses. Press more, it worked vs Texas, barely seen it since. Chet just launches random 3's yet could be worth running catch and shoot action for him. Find a leader, this team desperately needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    If we see the intensity and lock in that we witnessed vs UCLA than I feel great.
    Big if but I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Bama could boat race us

We continue to play sticky hero ball (only 9 assists last game), we will get run outta the gym.

Find a 2nd ball screen option outside only Nembhard. Rasir is opportunistic yet we never run plays for him. Dumb. Its precisely what Duke keyed on. Nembhard looks like he's still reminiscing the UCLA game. Play Sallis more. Play Timme less -- he's tired and weary legged. Utilize Hickman as a primary ballhandler not just a gimmick to get the ball across half court. Let Watson control ball on hi lo action. Run plays to get Bolton shots. Switch up defenses. Press more, it worked vs Texas, barely seen it since. Chet just launches random 3's yet could be worth running catch and shoot action for him. Find a leader, this team desperately needs one.
    Yes on a lot. No on the sallis more he simply does not understand roles and responsibilities on either side of ball yet
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Tide 90
    Zags 74

Bama packs the paint against Timme to force a lot of outside shots, where the 3pt shooting woes continues to drag them down.

I think the Tarleton game was a natural letdown and shouldn't be viewed as the way the Zags will continue to play ball going forward. Coming off a tough loss to a tough team (who themselves lost tonight - where's the doom and gloom with them?), after a week of being the biggest thing in college basketball in the craziest city in the world, seeing your name and faces literally lighting up the Strip, playing in front of the largest crowd ever to witness a basketball game in the state of Nevada, of course the could be a letdown and possibly overlooking a perceived inferior opponent. I'm betting that Monday night was an aberration, and not the new normal. They'll have five days off, one week+ to get Vegas out of their thoughts, and the coaching staff will have them focused and ready to play. And they'll have a much better 3pt performance than last night.

Zags - 88
    Alabama University - 80
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Zags 85-70

Good bounce back game for zags, zags win 84-74

Unhappy Drive Out Those Devils

An Exercise in Exorcise, a PO'd poem
    <ahem>
    Bam-bam on 'Bama,
    Bam till they puke.
    Still mad as h@ll,
    'Bout Koach Pickle and Dook.

-------
    Zags -- 88
    Tide -- 72

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

88 GU
    69 AU

Hope to see a win in person! Heading to Seattle to connect with my mom and some siblings! Can’t wait!
    Getting vaccinated isn’t a political issue. It’s a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Our weaknesses have been exposed. Foul trouble and not enough three's made will hurt the Zags
    Tide 83
    Zags 75

Pretty simple for me..............

12 or fewer TO's

35+% from 3

Victory over anyone in CBB.

ZAGS by 10, say 80-70.

Go ZAGS

Not buying into the doom and gloom. TSU game was a combination of being 4th game in 8 days and a well coached team that, while out-skilled, had a single game plan, and honestly a touch of overconfidence on the Zags part.

They are coming into Seattle rested and I am quite sure Few will have them more than ready.

Bama has played basically nobody. Zags are the first ranked team they have played. The barely beat South Alabama (1-3)... lost to Iona. Best win is against Miami who is 4-3 against weak competition save Dayton (who beat them)??

If they want uptempo, they'll play right into the Zags hands.

Zags 92
    Tide 78
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Bama could boat race us

Perfect Rx. But agree w Hoop, Sallis not there yet.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 12-01-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Zags 88
    Tide Rollers 82

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Perfect Rx. But agree w Hoop, Sallis not there yet.
    I want to be clear.....I have not given up on Hunter...I see awesome potential..........and i suspect he will get a 4-5 minute run in first half to see if he can translate game planning to action on court............that seems to be his biggest issue from my view as he HAS all the skill sets to be a tremendous player but just seems to be on his own page of the game plan and to be frank Coach Few has historically not stood for that and cant run risk of voids in tight ball games second half
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

86-72 Zags
    Go Zags!

76-69 gonzaga

91 - 75 us over them

Pace and style of play more favorable to us than last two games, and as noted above I expect to the boys to shake off the cobwebs.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

What's wild about Hunter and Hickman

Those are players who could STILL be one & dones here.

Not because they're ready -- far from it -- yet they've been on NBA radars since they were Juniors in HS. Being watched closely during summer all star games/circuits.

We assume they will be back, yet an equally good chance they won't be if they want to take/make the jump.

We see 7th or 8th rotation guys from the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world drafted as formerly elite recruits.

They were high profile and ranked enough to snag a draft spot.

We hope they come back, yet outside Jalen and now Chet we haven't had players like them. I'd expect both to return yet certainly not 100%

95 - 72 GU