Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Alabama - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Gonzaga 84
    Alabama 72

What I hope to see: better 3 point shooting, make at least 7 of them and hoping for 8; fewer turnovers> not more than 13.
    I'd like to see Holmgren get 20 poingts and Bolton 17. Would like to see Nembhard break out of his slump. I would alos like to see Watson score 10 points. that would really be awesome.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

bot my tickets many months ago
    ticketmaster has still not mailed my tickets , wtf ??
    it is also impossible to communicate with them, just read their endless links and FAQ's
    I hate ticketmaster. No human will speak to me. The machine's algorithymns are all i get.
    They got my money months ago. All they have to do is mail the tickets to my address as I requested.

I hope to see Nolan Hickman have a breakout performance in his hometown and outshine fellow 5* PG frosh for Alabama, JD Davison:
    * Rated as a consensus five-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports and one of the highest-rated recruits to ever sign with the Alabama men's basketball program
    * Ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 9 overall player in the nation and the No. 1 point guard
    * Averaging 24 mpg; 8pts; hair under 5 assists pg; 3 TO's pg
    * Zag hair

Alabama looks like a perimeter oriented offensive team so hopefully Timme and Chet can stay out of foul trouble. They are a good defensive team.
    I am cautiously optimistic Zags come locked in and perform at a high level....maybe my biggest hope is we see nothing but positive body language from Zags on the court; no whining to refs and gesturing at teammates....Timme really disappointed me with his hands in the air gesture toward Strawther after a poor post entry pass that resulted in a TO the last game.

Zags 87
    Bama 73
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I hope to see Nolan Hickman have a breakout performance in his hometown and outshine fellow 5* PG frosh for Alabama, JD Davison:
    * Rated as a consensus five-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports and one of the highest-rated recruits to ever sign with the Alabama men's basketball program
    * Ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 9 overall player in the nation and the No. 1 point guard
    * Averaging 24 mpg; 8pts; hair under 5 assists pg; 3 TO's pg
    * Zag hair

Alabama looks like a perimeter oriented offensive team so hopefully Timme and Chet can stay out of foul trouble. They are a good defensive team.
    I am cautiously optimistic Zags come locked in and perform at a high level....maybe my biggest hope is we see nothing but positive body language from Zags on the court; no whining to refs and gesturing at teammates....Timme really disappointed me with his hands in the air gesture toward Strawther after a poor post entry pass that resulted in a TO the last game.

Zags 87
    Bama 73
    Nova reject Jahvon Quinerly was a pretty highly rated PG as well.....

https://247sports.com/player/jahvon-quinerly-85007/

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    it is also impossible to communicate with them, just read their endless links and FAQ's
    I hate ticketmaster. No human will speak to me. The machine's algorithymns are all i get.
    They got my money months ago. All they have to do is mail the tickets to my address as I requested.
    I share your disdain for Ticketmaster, but hopefully you have your tickets or at least an indication they are on the way. I received an email at 1:00 pm west coast time, which told me my seat location. It had a link to Ticketmaster, which once followed, led me to my tickets (almost) as it simply said I could view and save my tickets after 5 pm.

86-76 Zags
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

GU 82-76.
    But I hope that it's not that close. I'd like to see a game that will help me get over the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    TM is really difficult to work with due to their totally automated interactions and security checks that lead you into blind alleys. That said, I haven't seen physical tickets in years. Suggest you login to your TM account go to "my account" and then "my tickets" to see if they are there. You've probably already tried that. Good luck.

ZZ

So stoked for the return of the Battle In Seattle. Been to every one and this opponent matches the quality of the early years when we faced teams like Arizona, UConn, Tennessee, Mizzou and of course the legendary Oklahoma State game won by Adam Morrison on a buzzer beater. We are bringing 8 LOUD Zags fans to this "neutral" court game. Looks like a sellout and will be the first basketball game played at the new Climate Pledge Arena.

As for the game, Alabama was a scary team last year while this year they have feasted on inferior competition so far including their stumble vs Iona. Saturday is the beginning of a big step up in competition for them as GU is the first of three consecutive games vs ranked opponents. I'm calling that Nembhard will have a big game vs a familiar SEC foe and lead GU to the win.

GU 84
    Tide 72

ZZ

Us 83
    Them 75

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    So stoked for the return of the Battle In Seattle. Been to every one and this opponent matches the quality of the early years when we faced teams like Arizona, UConn, Tennessee, Mizzou and of course the legendary Oklahoma State game won by Adam Morrison on a buzzer beater. We are bringing 8 LOUD Zags fans to this "neutral" court game. Looks like a sellout and will be the first basketball game played at the new Climate Pledge Arena.

As for the game, Alabama was a scary team last year while this year they have feasted on inferior competition so far including their stumble vs Iona. Saturday is the beginning of a big step up in competition for them as GU is the first of three consecutive games vs ranked opponents. I'm calling that Nembhard will have a big game vs a familiar SEC foe and lead GU to the win.

GU 84
    Tide 72

ZZ
    Didn’t know this is the first hoops game in the new Kraken arena. Hope they have no issues w moisture/condensation on the court.

A buddy of mine in college used to design then pay for a bulk # of tee shirts he would sell at football game tailgate for a nice profit. Wonder if there’s an entrepreneurial Zag student out there bringing a box of “Zags are Kraken” (or some such) tee shirts to sell. Does this call for a Zags/Kraken tee shirt idea thread?
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

thanks for sympathy, they are only one of many growing outfits who do not have one salaried employee to solve problems that dont fit any of their links. i had not wanted to add another app, but finally broke to their will, and got the app and tickets that way. i know 3 people who have flip phones cuz they dont want smart phones. dont like the trend of places that wont take cash either. China is almost totally able to digitally follow all their citizens I have been told, for evaluation purposes.( and no i am not on the radical right). Go Zags, with two close games I expect us to play like a more experienced team than we have seen yet.

Looks like a sellout and will be the first basketball game played at the new Climate Pledge Arena.
    Actually, Seattle University played at CPA last night. The floor had a bunch of old Sonics colors and designs. As to our game, it will be Roxy Bernstein and Sean Farnham on the call. These guys are rock solid, hope ESPN gives us more of them.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Tide 83
    Zags 96

Go Zags - Beat the Tide!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Perfect Rx. But agree w Hoop, Sallis not there yet.
    Yes… pretty sure anyone on the pre season Jerry West award list should be able to make
    Perimeter shots… Hunter will be a great player at GU, but still figuring out his role, and he’s
    clearly a work in progress. Sure do like his natural gifts though…

Quote Originally Posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
    Hunter will be a great player at GU, but still figuring out his role, and he’s
    clearly a work in progress. Sure do like his natural gifts though…
    Bingo. My thoughts exactly. And I'll LOVE watching him progress.

Oh .... 82-76 Zags.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

GU 90
    Alabama 78

gu 88 -67

81-76 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zags 88-75
    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Zags - 89
    Tide - 77
    GO ZAGS!!!

Gonzaga 85
    Alabama 77
    Love the Zags!!!

Go Zags ! Beat the Tide !
    GU - 82 UA - 72

I am super pumped to watch the game tomorrow at Climate Pledge. One thing that has changed at the arena in the past few weeks is that you can only order two beers per transaction at the payment kiosk. Thought that was interesting.

I am going to predict the Zags win by 14. 89-75.

GU 83-71.