Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Games - TUE - 11. 30. 21

Duke called for 23 fouls versus 15 against us……and their bigs were in foul trouble most of second half…without that balance they are pedestrian
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Poof... and the kick ass Duke goes down.

It's possible to speed Duke up. At times, they looked unstoppable against us, yet we were staying in it (mostly through Strawther's 3's). We didn't look good, but lost by only 3 and it was anyone's game in the closing moments. We're not as good as I thought we once were, but the high ceiling is still there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    We must have taken it all out of Duke Friday!
    Mrs. GoZags called it, tyra.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

ESPN not happy about this outcome. Not happy at all.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

this is what happens when koach doesn't get the calls...life's rough on the road. duke's ultra-aggressive d caught up to them with foul trouble everywhere.

Without Banchero they come down to earth… get Moore in trouble on top and they’re soft
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Duke didn't get the calls - and they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Without Banchero they come down to earth… get Moore in trouble on top and they’re soft
    liddell outplayed banchero...not many guys can cancel out banchero single-handedly

also, tosu shot 40% from 3...duke 28.6% (exact same percentage zags shot against them)

duke similar to zags...keep them out of transition and your odds go up significantly...zags had too many turnovers and poor transition d

So far the Big Ten is 6 and 1 against the ACC. Syracuse salvaged the ACC's only win against Indiana on its own court in double overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    So far the Big Ten is 6 and 1 against the ACC. Syracuse salvaged the ACC's only win against Indiana on its own court in double overtime.
    wake also beat northwestern...also in OT

BELLERMINE 55
    West Virginia 74

Hawaii 58
    SANTA CLARA 70

PEPPERDINE 66
    Nevada 79
    But we don't play nobody.

They shot 22%in the 2nd half too.

Gonzaga stays almost a week in Vegas and plays 3 games in that span and is gassed the first game back from Vegas. Duke spends 4 nights in Vegas and plays one game then their first game back from Vegas they run out of gas late in the second half of that game. It’s hard playing back to back quality games. The only difference is Duke lost to an above average Ohio State team and Zags lost to a top 5 team in Duke. Duke is a better team than Ohio State and they choked after leading by 13 at half.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    BELLERMINE 55
    West Virginia 74

Hawaii 58
    SANTA CLARA 70

PEPPERDINE 66
    Nevada 79
    Pepperdine just perplexes me...such a beautiful campus and cannot recruit and am sure the gym and its facilities have a bearing on recruiting but still, it is such a shame...

Itr is obvious PU does not want to spend money on its basketball programs and having a good or mediocre coach has no bearing on their success...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Pepperdine just perplexes me...such a beautiful campus and cannot recruit and am sure the gym and its facilities have a bearing on recruiting but still, it is such a shame...

Itr is obvious PU does not want to spend money on its basketball programs and having a good or mediocre coach has no bearing on their success...

The year that Mark Few took over Gonzaga was the year the Pepperdine blasted Bobby Knight’s Hoosiers in the Big Dance. That Waves team played relentless full-court pressure with speed and depth at every position. They were reminiscent of the UNLV teams from a decade before them. They looked like an emerging power program on the West Coast. I was afraid that they would surpass and choke off Gonzaga as the exciting new program in college basketball.

They couldn’t sustain it.

I wonder if they regret firing coach Marty Wilson. Coach Romar was not an upgrade.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

In addition to their 3pt % surpassing Zags, the key thing Ohio State was able to do vs Duke that Zags did not was getting the ball inside to their post player Zed Key (6’8” 245) who scored 20 on 8-15 shooting and got Duke’s bigs in foul trouble. OSU called for 14 fouls, Duke called for 23 fouls.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

My favorite part near the end was when Banchero caught the Ohio St player with a wicked elbow to the face, and Koach got up out of his chair to call for a flop warning.

https://youtu.be/9ajRENCbFWM?t=1186

Duke scored 23 points in the second half, and gave up 41. In the last four and a half minutes, they were out scored 12 to zip.

Makes that article yesterday about being number 1 in everything a little idiotic.

saw this comment about ESPN reporting Banchero loses 7lbs sweating per game.

Again, if Paolo loses seven pounds, Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl would be in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    saw this comment about ESPN reporting Banchero loses 7lbs sweating per game.

Again, if Paolo loses seven pounds, Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl would be in shape.
    That’s the height of fawning. ESPN is shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    My favorite part near the end was when Banchero caught the Ohio St player with a wicked elbow to the face, and Koach got up out of his chair to call for a flop warning.

https://youtu.be/9ajRENCbFWM?t=1186
    He wasn’t calling for a flop warning, he was saying the defender was in the offensive player’s space. It’s a new rule or at least it’s a point of emphasis this year. It might have been. But if it wasn’t, it was clearly a flagrant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    The year that Mark Few took over Gonzaga was the year the Pepperdine blasted Bobby Knight’s Hoosiers in the Big Dance. That Waves team played relentless full-court pressure with speed and depth at every position. They were reminiscent of the UNLV teams from a decade before them. They looked like an emerging power program on the West Coast. I was afraid that they would surpass and choke off Gonzaga as the exciting new program in college basketball.

They couldn’t sustain it.

I wonder if they regret firing coach Marty Wilson. Coach Romar was not an upgrade.
    Marty Wilson was an excellent basketball coach and a very good recruiter it was just so unfortunate that his teams always seemed to find the injury bug...he recruited those players that Romar inherited and had one very good year...think it was 2019, when SMC and PU went to I think Double Overtime...I hope they will be able to find a coach as good as he was in the future...it is now two programs where Coach Romar failed to produce wins...