• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs Tarleton Your thoughts and Analyses of the game

Gonzag 64
    Tarleton 55

I did not see the game so I really dont have much to say. I just wanted to get this posted so those of you who did see it can go at it. I followed the game on ESPN play by play and the stats page. It looked like a really really bad game for Gu. I am glad I never saw it. Looks like Bolton and Hickman did pretty well statistically. But the stats are really bad.

16 turnovers again.
    47% shooting for the game
    21% shooting from behind the 3 point line. Gonzaga makes 4 threes.
    58 % from the line pretty poor for gonzaga

the 16 turnovers look really bad again as does the real poor 3 point shooting

Ok Have fun

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

Really weird game. Gonzaga loses one of the most beautiful games played this year on Friday and then wins one of the ugliest games of the year on Monday.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• HenneZag
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2012

Ughhh. Yeah I got nothing. Let's do better next game.
      America's Team!

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Ugly game. I Wish you'd watched it, Reborn, because I think if there was something redeeming in the Zags performance, you'd point it out. Ugh.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

WOW, that was ugly................

Nobody got hurt, we won.

Chet and Rasir played well. The other guys, not so much. Lots to work on, especially TO's.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• HenneZag
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2012

I'm having a hard time putting words down. I will point out the obvious. Our 3 pt shooting and turnovers will make for a long year. Tonight's game will be several WCC games if we don't play Gonzaga ball.
            America's Team!

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Well I will say a couple things. I feel it's partially my fault. I never wore any Zag gear all day. And really didn't even put anything on until half time. I finally realized at the half that it was my fault so I got my lucky GU shirt and put it on, and we gradually pulled away. I also didn't post my thread on It's Game Day The best day of the week. No one has been viewing anyway so I thought why do it. Now I know why.

The second thing is that I think Root is pathetic This is the second time that a GU game was lied up to be aired on my cable TV channel but instead of showing the GU game they showed Portland vs Utah and portland gets beat by like 20. I need to say something to someone because I am payin Xtra for Root.

Love you ZN'

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• hooter73
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2008

Nembhard and timme are a rollercoaster. They can play so well and then they can also play like garbage. There is no pick and roll game anywhere from anyone. There is no crisp passing from anyone. Every single guy on the team is hesitating instead of committing to the instinctual pass. Don’t know if it’s lack of trust in their teammates or lack of self confidence but rewatch some minutes and you’ll see every pass is a “ready, should I do it? I think I should do it, ok, here it goes…”

Three point shooting is a real problem.

Not to pick on specific dudes, but Watson is an exercise in frustration.

Comment

• caduceus
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

This was a game where hitting your threes and frees negates that kind of crazy swarming defense. We did not succeed in either regard.

Comment

• HenneZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                    This was a game where hitting your threes and frees negates that kind of crazy swarming defense. We did not succeed in either regard.
                    Yep. And we will make it easy to plan for.
                    America's Team!

Comment

• ZagzKrak
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Apr 2016

Tarleton just seems to play this way...4 of their games were very similar to our score including #20 Mich.

Comment

• jayray
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                        Nembhard and timme are a rollercoaster. They can play so well and then they can also play like garbage. There is no pick and roll game anywhere from anyone. There is no crisp passing from anyone. Every single guy on the team is hesitating instead of committing to the instinctual pass. Don’t know if it’s lack of trust in their teammates or lack of self confidence but rewatch some minutes and you’ll see every pass is a “ready, should I do it? I think I should do it, ok, here it goes…”

Three point shooting is a real problem.

Not to pick on specific dudes, but Watson is an exercise in frustration.
                        He had a good game against Duke but yeah, agreed, so inconsistent. Sometimes he is nothing more than 5 fouls.

Comment

• Reborn
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

It is obvious JUST from looking at the stats and the play by play Gonzaga was not ready to play. This may have been one of the worst games ever by a Gonzaga team. How could we commit 16 turnovers AGAIN. I shoot that poorly from the foul line. The answer is obvious....lack of focus

All night long after the game I have been thinking about Tommy LLoyd. And I was thinking about after the Duke loss. And now tonight. I wonder if it is going to be the same Gonzaga team without Him. And it's really good seeing how good Arizona is playing. Gonzaga was NOT ready to play tonight. Why takes responsibility for that.

Go Zags

Comment

• Fonebone
                            Kennel Club
                            • Feb 2007

Well I agree it was an ugly game, but I think also it was a very valuable game. The zags have been functioning at an elite level of image and national perception. Losing to a very good Duke was not going to do much damage to that, or I thing change the players perception of themselves. But almost losing tonight send a much more powerful message and I think it potentially could have a very powerful impact.

Coaches always tell their teams that on a given night any team can beat them but I’m not sure that really great teams necessarily believe it. The team we played tonight was good but it’s not the kind of team that we would expect to lose to, and after tonight I think the players are going to really believe what they’re being told constantly I’m sure by Mark Few, that any team can truly beat them. I hope, and suspect that it has a lasting affect on the way they approach everything from practice to the games.

I am not worried about this team at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• bartruff1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

You can learn a lot from your mistakes.....a win is a win .....there are no style points in basketball just points.

Comment

Working...
                              X