Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: The Beer Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I've been brewing for almost 4 years. I am my own worst critic and I have strived to make the beers I make better each time. We have about 1/2 dozen recipes we make and work to perfect. If they guys you are talking about are smart, they'll throw 80-90K at a master brewer to get their stuff drinkable... but sounds like that isn't likely to happen. Keep your hopes up... maybe someone will swoop in and buy the place up on the cheap and start making real beer.
    yes, that would be cool
    Bring back the OCC

Oh, SNAP... this is BITTER. I mean seriously bitter. Triple IPA... NOT to be trifled with. Me Likeee.

Side note... Not sure how this guy get that much head on his pour. I poured mine hard and it didn't get much head at all and no retention.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I hardly drink at all anymore, interferes w/ seizure meds.

But, I did have a very cold Regular Coors the other day. I'll tell you. That's not a bad beer, if you can get it near where you live. I hear it's local in Colorado. Trouble is, pretty much started by a Nazi-sympathizer family, but not bad beer.

It did taste ok.

Back before I became mostly a tea-toler, Alaskan Amber was my mainstream favorite. Anchorsteam tasted right when in SF, too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Oh, SNAP... this is BITTER. I mean seriously bitter. Triple IPA... NOT to be trifled with. Me Likeee.

Side note... Not sure how this guy get that much head on his pour. I poured mine hard and it didn't get much head at all and no retention.

I tracked down a six pack of that a few days ago. I liked it a lot.
    Bring back the OCC

I am having an incredible beer day. I went to Pint Defiance and had a Matchless Voss IPA which was good and then had a Lagunitas high west-ified imperial coffee Stout. The imperial coffee Stout was exactly as good as you would think it could be. Then I went to Rainier Growlers in Puyallup who is having a Dogfish Head Record Store Day celebration. I had two pours of the 120 minute. That beer is amazing. High in alcohol with great flavor. I think then tried the dfh Siracusa which is a Syrah crossed with a Stout. It was good, but I could do without the Syrah flavor. I finished with a Oskar Blues Hotbox Coffee IPA. It's funny, I don't drink coffee but I like coffee flavor in stuff. The only other IPA I had with coffee was cold brew IPA from Rogue. That is one of my favorites. This Oskars Blues is better. I like it a lot.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I hardly drink at all anymore, interferes w/ seizure meds.

But, I did have a very cold Regular Coors the other day. I'll tell you. That's not a bad beer, if you can get it near where you live. I hear it's local in Colorado. Trouble is, pretty much started by a Nazi-sympathizer family, but not bad beer.

It did taste ok.

Back before I became mostly a tea-toler, Alaskan Amber was my mainstream favorite. Anchorsteam tasted right when in SF, too.
    Coors actually tastes fine if you pour it into a glass. The can really doesn't help it.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

If you are ever in Northern California near the Oregon border (about 200 miles south of Ashland), there is a great place called the Lost Coast Brewery that also has a restaurant with excellent food. Some of their famous beers are the Downtown Brown, Indian IPA, Fogcutter Double IPA, etc.

http://www.lostcoast.com/restaurant

617 Fourth St.
    Eureka, CA 95501

I once toured the Coors Factory in Golden, CO. They actually employ full time beer taste testers. The tour guide said there was a huge waiting list for job openings in that department. It's incredible how clean their brewery is. The place is just spotless.