Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: The Beer Review Thread

There are Hefes and there are American Wheats. JMHO... Hefes aren't for me... don't like the banana hints the yeast gives off. American Wheat... much better style... cleaner and better aroma profile. Plus... typically a clean enough flavor profile that you can cut it with a fruit puree to create variations.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Agree completely. I love the German wheat beers and their darker Dunkels. I have tried American beers that have attempted to replicate both styles in breweries from all over the country. I have yet to try an American beer that actually got it right.
    The availability of imports from Germany is so much better than 7-10 years ago. Total Wine and BevMo stock a terrific variety of Weissen style beers. I prefer the hefe, with a slice of lemon, just like I had in gasthauses when I served my Army stint in the FRG from 1980-1984.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The availability of imports from Germany is so much better than 7-10 years ago. Total Wine and BevMo stock a terrific variety of Weissen style beers. I prefer the hefe, with a slice of lemon, just like I had in gasthauses when I served my Army stint in the FRG from 1980-1984.
    I was never able to get a permanent duty station in Europe, but I was TDY to Germany for three stints ranging from five days to three months. I loved every minute of those shorter tours. Any excuse to get away from Fort Polk was welcome. I’m just a little jealous of those who snagged those longer assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I was never able to get a permanent duty station in Europe, but I was TDY to Germany for three stints ranging from five days to three months. I loved every minute of those shorter tours. Any excuse to get away from Fort Polk was welcome. I’m just a little jealous of those who snagged those longer assignments.
    First beer I ever had was Bitburger Pils. It was 1956 and I was 8 years old, with my Dad stationed there. I loved it and have loved good beer ever since (although I usually drink Miller High Life because of the price).

I found some Bitburger Pils here in Spokane, about 2 months after my Dad had passed. I bought a six pack in memory of him.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

The Grocery Outlet had six packs of 16 oz. Belching Beaver No Worries West Coast IPA. For $4.99 + Tax.

Haven't had it before so tomorrow, I will give it a whirl.

No posts in this thread since January !?!

Inconceivable. . .