Thread: What's Up with Callie Stokes?

Default What's Up with Callie Stokes?

Have noticed that Coach Fortier (CLF) has essentially emptied her bench with the exceptions of Payton Muma and Callie Stokes.

It has been reported that Coach Fortier wants to redshirt Payton this year so it makes sense that you would not play her.

However, I have not heard that CLF wants to redshirt Callie this year as well? Callie does not appear hurt as she is shown dancing on the sideline with Payton.

Does anybody know, if CLF is going to try and redshirt Callie this year as well?

ZagDad

Is there a date that coaches and players can decide if they want to use the free year. Like if CLF wanted to offer up a fifth year to some of last years players who hadn’t uses their redshirt year?
    If the Truongs were offered another year, they may want to redshirt Calli also.

Go Zags!!

Though neither Payton nor Callie has announced they're red-shirting (unless I missed it) they were wearing blue tops for the winning team photo in Honolulu while everyone else wore red. Gotta believe they both will be postponing their eligibility for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Though neither Payton nor Callie has announced they're red-shirting (unless I missed it) they were wearing blue tops for the winning team photo in Honolulu while everyone else wore red. Gotta believe they both will be postponing their eligibility for another year.
    Might want to clean those glasses one more time.

The blue tops are the warm-up tops. Both Callie and Payton are wearing red shorts. They were dressed in their game uniforms, but they did not get in the game, thus did not remove their warm-up tops.

ZagDad

I think that it is more likely than not CLF as well as Payton and Callie are intending to redshirt this year.

You don't redshirt during the year in case injuries on the team would dictate the need for either Callie or Payton to play this year. You wait until the end of the year, and then claim this year as your redshirt year as long as you meet the requirements for a red-shirt year.

ZagDad

Um. I see . . .