Thread: Any Update on Dom?

Default Any Update on Dom?

Is Dom redshirting this year or is the word that he will be available in a month or two? Whats the word?

He will add some explosiveness and athleticism when healthy. Hickman, Sallis, Dom off the bench is nice.

I would love to see him this year but it would be awhile. By the time he gets back (if) he will need to get caught up in practice and then getting up to game speed will be a challenge. I can't remember his timeline to be honest but I would love to have him back by the WCC tourney.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I would love to see him this year but it would be awhile. By the time he gets back (if) he will need to get caught up in practice and then getting up to game speed will be a challenge. I can't remember his timeline to be honest but I would love to have him back by the WCC tourney.
    January was the target
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    January was the target
    Thats great news. I thought we were looking at a much longer time line.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Thats great news. I thought we were looking at a much longer time line.
    I saw him in the team picture after the UCLA game in Vegas. He was still in a big boot…

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    January was the target
    What was his actual injury?

Someone had mentioned lisfranc fracture? If so, those injuries take longer than the your average foot fracture to heal...up to 6 months. Usually a minimum of 4 months, when many bone fractures heal in 2 or 3 months. Lisfranc articulates with numerous moving parts and supporting structure of foot. Takes awhile

Or was is soft tissue? Foot/plantar fascia tear? Those are usually 2 to 3 months unless ruptured

I've heard varying ailments mentioned

If Lisfranc, no way we see him til March-ish yet if fascia could be this season

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    What was his actual injury?

Someone had mentioned lisfranc fracture? If so, those injuries take longer than the your average foot fracture to heal...up to 6 months. Usually a minimum of 4 months, when many bone fractures heal in 2 or 3 months. Lisfranc articulates with numerous moving parts and supporting structure of foot. Takes awhile

Or was is soft tissue? Foot/plantar fascia tear? Those are usually 2 to 3 months unless ruptured

I've heard varying ailments mentioned

If Lisfranc, no way we see him til March-ish yet if fascia could be this season
    my understanding was same injury tille had with plantar.........Tille was out 10 weeks plus 2 weeks of rehab.......Dom had surgery first week of October and just last week started walking with boot on but no support or stroller so that means weight being placed on it.......suspect WCC time if goes well

and no announcement of a redshirt year either which bodes well IMO
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few