Thread: Other Games: SAT - 11. 27. 21

Default Other Games: SAT - 11. 27. 21

Rivalry games on the gridiron, mostly cannon fodder specials on the hardwood. Four WCC schools in action today

Ohio State @ Michigan - 9:00 - FOX

Northern Iowa @ #16 St. Bonaventure - 11:00 - ESPN+

Penn State @ Michigan State - 12:30 - ABC
    Alabama @ Auburn - 12:30 - CBS
    Oregon State @ Oregon - 12:30 - ESPN

Lamar @ Texas Tech - 1:00 - BIG12/ESPN+
    #2 UCLA @ UNLV - 2:00 - STADIUM
    Grand Canyon @ Pepperdine - 3:00 - WCCN

Wake Forest vs. LSU - 4:00 - CBSSN

Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State - 4:30 - ABC
    Clemson @ South Carolina - 4:30 - SECN

Sacramento State @ AZ - 4:30 - PAC12 - AZ Feed
    UC Irvine @ Santa Clara - 4:30 - WCCN

Notre Dame @ Stanford - 5:00 - FOX

BYU @ Utah - 6:30 - PAC12 - Mountain Feed Only ( Both squads without a loss )
    Winthrop @ Washington - 7:00 - PAC12 - WA Feed Only
    PV A&M @ LMU - 7:00 - WCCN

BYU @ USC - 7:30 - ESPN

Enjoy your Saturday
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-27-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Juwan has announced he’s on the sidelines, thank the lord. Go Bucks.

Bonnies lose to Northern Iowa.
    Zero points from their bench.

UCLA defeats UNLV, 73-51.

Colorado State advances to 7-0 with a home win over Northern Colorado, 88-79. Oklahoma downs UCF, 65-62.

Portland now 6-2 after a 74-68 victory over Southeast Missouri State. Oregon State now 1-6 after a 15 point loss to Penn State, 60-45.

Texas Tech remains unbeaten following an 89-57 laugher versus a one win Lamar squad.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

We need TT to get ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    We need TT to get ranked.

Ken Pomeroy thinks they are number ten.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Santa Clara is 5-2 after dropping one to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 69 - 64. The absence of Vrankic is taking its toll.

LSU knocked off Wake Forest, 75 - 61, to claim the Emerald Coast Tourney championship. The Tigers are 7-0.

Arizona 105, Sac State 59. Wildcats are 6-0 and nobody in Wildcat Nation gives a sh!t about Gilbert Arenas or Richard Jefferson's views on the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post

Arizona 105, Sac State 59. Wildcats are 6-0 and nobody in Wildcat Nation gives a sh!t about Gilbert Arenas' views on the coaching hire.
    Funny how that goes. Everybody likes winning.

Utah 18, BYU 13

12:35, 1H

GO UTES !

Big upset as Washington State, favored by 19.5 over EWU and ahead by 12 at half, loses to the Eagles down in Pullman. EWU outscored the Cougars 48-31 in second half.

"Cupcakes" at times can pull an upset.

O/T, but Corey just hit two shots for the Wizards in the 4th quarter...giving his team a shot in the arm against the Mavericks. Both were cutters to the hoop, but a bucket's a bucket.

Good thing I'm not at the game, I would've embarrassed Corey and my family by screaming at the top of my lungs...lol.

Wizards win, Corey played 4 minutes in the 4th qtr, 11 overall. 4 points, 2-3 from the floor. His missed 3 rattled in and out.

Huskies lose to Winthrop, 82-74
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

BYU over Utah. Watched some of it. BYU is different this year. Less reliant on the 3.
    Winthrop over Washington. Cmon.
    LMU and Prairie View going down to the wire. LMU up 1 with 15 seconds left. LMU wins.

BYU plays defense....no really.....they look like they belong in the top 20.....

Weber St. 87
    DIXIE ST. 70
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    BYU plays defense....no really.....they look like they belong in the top 20.....
    Utah is a big rivalry game for BYU and despite being on the road and down by 2 at the half, Pope played 9 guys 14 or more minutes. That is a true 9 man rotation.

Zags played 6 guys vs Duke (starters + Watson) for 20 or more minutes with Hickman playing 9 minutes; Sallis and Perry 4 minutes each. That’s essentially a 6 man rotation with one 5* frosh (Hickman) getting 9 mpg and another getting 4. Nembhard had 8 rbds and 11 assists, but an uncharacteristic 6 turnovers on 2-7 shooting. Duke’s D was being felt but I wonder if mental & physical fatigue during his 3rd game in 5 nights @ 37 mpg was a big factor.

I hope to see Few expand his team to a true 8 man rotation and risk relying more on Hickman and Sallis in particular to produce. Nembhard at 37+ mpg every game in the postseason will make for a similarly fatigued performance on the first Monday in April should Zags survive and advance to that date in New Orleans.

I’d love to see Zags add some offensive sets for one true post player and 4 guards/wings on the court. Lift the offense up so every offensive player is positioned above the free throw line. Holmgren at the five w Watson, Sallis, Bolton and Hickman around him. Baylor runs these kinds of sets and they create a lot of space for movement and cutting. Imagine a post player trying to guard Holmgren in space 1v1. I think Zags can lean more on Holmgren by playing him solo and letting him be the go to guy on offense; he needs to defer less and start shooting more step back feathery jumpers on their a****. That shot is truly unguardable.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Big upset as Washington State, favored by 19.5 over EWU and ahead by 12 at half, loses to the Eagles down in Pullman. EWU outscored the Cougars 48-31 in second half.
    "Cupcakes" at times can pull an upset.
    Mason Landdeck scored 24 in 29 mins of playing time. I know we passed on this kid, and now I'm starting to wonder why.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

I recalled the name; as a high school freshman he played w Brock Ravet at Kittitas then played at 3 more high schools.

https://goeags.com/sports/mens-baske...-landdeck/7634

Would love to see EWU playing the upset role in March with this kid shining…not in Zags bracket.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Mason Landdeck scored 24 in 29 mins of playing time. I know we passed on this kid, and now I'm starting to wonder why.
    He was pretty impressive, with very good handles, a soft shot, was aggressive and had a bit of an attitude. With an impressive high school career with at least three schools, last one in Utah. Albeit small schools.

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    He was pretty impressive, with very good handles, a soft shot, was aggressive and had a bit of an attitude. With an impressive high school career with at least three schools, last one in Utah. Albeit small schools.
    Few can barely find PT for two, five star Burger boys.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Well Cad knows why....back when Mason was a soph at Cashmere and showing out.....Cad said with certainty that Gonzaga was not interested ......