Thread: Positives to Come from this game

Default Positives to Come from this game

I am rarely a glass half full kind of guy (unfortunately) but this thread can focus on the positives of this loss to Duke.

Biggest positive for me was to see The play of Julian, Rasir, Nolan Hickman and Watson. I know that Drew and Chet are going to be okay. I know that Andrew had an off game but if there is anyone who has been consistent over the last two years along with timme, its been Andrew. He will be fine.

To see Julian play the way he did with 20 points and 10 rebounds, was such an exciting thing to see. Anytime in the first half that GU could have lost the game and been ran out of the gym, Julian or Rasir stepped up and knocked down a shot. Rasir got beat a couple times down the stretch, but overall a very good game. Nolan Hickman in little time showed he absolutely can play with the highest level of players. His reverse layup to put the zags up four was a huge bucket. I also thought Anton made some very good passes, scored a few buckets, and played solid defense as usual. He definitely showed he belonged as well. Scouts watching that game may soon start to see Julian as a first rounder as early as this year.

As others have pointed out, the limelight off of GU, or at least not with the most gigantic target on their back like it was last year is not a bad thing at all. May humble the guys a bit, show that nothing is given, and propel us even further as we face a remaining schedule that quite frankly isn’t on the talent level isn’t on par with GU until the tournament.

Overall, I think GU and Duke is a toss up matchup with GU winning 6/10 times. Stay out of foul trouble, Hickman and Sallis continue to get better, and Nembhard plays his game, we will be just fine. Very glad we played them in November and can be ready for their physicality and pressure come March. UCLA did not pressure like that, and Texas wasn’t good enough to the point where it mattered.

Regarding Strawther: The kid, Strawther, big time,” said outgoing Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, who was coaching his 1,406th career game with the Blue Devils on Friday. “He’s a key guy for them. We thought he was good, he was better.”

Lnk: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-as-blue-devi/

Strawther .......Bolton......Hickman.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Strawther .......Bolton......Hickman.....
    Yes, yes, yes. More PT for Hicks, please.

Strawther's play was exciting to see. No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. More PT for Hicks, please.
    who gets less minutes under your desire to see more Hicks playing time: Strawther, Bolton or Nemhard
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    who gets less minutes under your desire to see more Hicks playing time: Strawther, Bolton or Nemhard
    Nembard plays 40 minutes against the top teams. Hickman needs to step up and give him atleast a 5-10 accumulative break in these big games.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Nembard plays 40 minutes against the top teams. Hickman needs to step up and give him atleast a 5-10 accumulative break in these big games.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post

Ummm Hickman got ten minutes. But was for Bolton who had foul trouble. Hard to get regular substitution pattern when you have various foul troubles (Chet and Watson first half created timme having to skip his regular rests which I think impacted his legs late in game, Bolton foul trouble does not allow Hickman to spell Nembhard and Sallis looked for the first time awe struck and was out of place on both ends of court

Ummm Hickman got ten minutes. But was for Bolton who had foul trouble. Hard to get regular substitution pattern when you have various foul troubles (Chet and Watson first half created timme having to skip his regular rests which I think impacted his legs late in game, Bolton foul trouble does not allow Hickman to spell Nembhard and Sallis looked for the first time awe struck and was out of place on both ends of court
    Let Few figure it out. He needs to build a bench. Start Hickman vs USD, who the heck knows.

Let Few figure it out. He needs to build a bench. Start Hickman vs USD, who the heck knows.
    You always have a negative opinion but when ask what you would do you deflect and defer……..

So Hickman is AVERAGING 19 minutes per game so far this season with high of 26 versus UCLA and 19 versusTexas…..

But clearly Few has sole faith in point guard responsibilities within nembhard……probably see more Hickman handling ball going forward but it is a building process

So you want him to “build a bench” but your idea is to wait 8 more games and start him…………rather thankful you are in charge

You always have a negative opinion but when ask what you would do you deflect and defer……..

So Hickman is AVERAGING 19 minutes per game so far this season with high of 26 versus UCLA and 19 versusTexas…..

But clearly Few has sole faith in point guard responsibilities within nembhard……probably see more Hickman handling ball going forward but it is a building process
    “Always?” Are you sure?

So you want him to “build a bench” but your idea is to wait 8 more games and start him…………rather thankful you are in charge
    Have you “always” been so painfully literal?

Have you “always” been so painfully literal?
    Yes I was raised to take persons word as their true meaning….sorry if I am suppose to read “tea leaves” about what your words TRULy mean…..I Failed you on that and will fail you in the future as I believe in what you say is what you mean when dealing with written words