• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Duke 11/26/21

Good Morning Zagfans. It's Gameday. The best day of the week. And THis Gameday is one of the very best. There just isn't anything that compares to Gonzaga playing Duke. So get on your best, or luckiest, Zag gear that you have and get ready to rock and roll. We finally get to see how Holmgren and Banchero match up. I also want to see if Duke will double team Timme, and what happens if they don't. I think they may try to not double him in the beginning. I imagine that Duke's center is one who is pretty tough. And how will Nembhard do agaist a very physical Duke team? And can the quickness and speed of Bolton, Strawther, and Sallis be too much for the physicality of Duke? I think that this can be a game where Hickman shows how good he is. And Watson, I believe, is going to come out and play his best game of his career so he can get me off his back. (hahahahahaah)!

I believe that in the end it will be Gonzaga's defense that will be the difference. This is just such a great defensive team. How will they defend Banchero? I'm looking forward to see the answer. I know that most Duke fans believe that we don't stand a chance against Coach K and his Dukies. Gonzaga fans think differently. I can hardly wait to see our fans in action. And Finally, Duke is coming our West to play our Zags. I've been wanting to see that for years, and today i finally will.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Thanks, Bornie!

I love your Game Day posts! I'll be at Twin Peaks in Valley Ranch for the game, in case any North Texans want to join me. First couple rounds are on me.

A couple of years ago, our waitress was a friend of Ryan Woolridge, I'm sure she has since graduated from UNT.

I think I'll wear the t-shirt from the Elite 8 game against Duke...rid that baby of its demons...lol.

O/T, Big D has earned a new nickname from his baseball coach: Mr. Clutch. Y'all would be proud of him. 11 years old, and is already making the right plays that go unnoticed by casual fans, such as backing plays up, and hitting the ball like Wee Willie Keeler. A big chunk of my salary next year, and beyond, will be going to his college fund...to GU, of course.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2007

Considering here in Vegas the zags are a 8.5 pt favorite, I would say the oddsmakers don’t think Duke has much of a chance

Comment

• jim77
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Ahhhh....Duke will come to play. They ball hawk and try to make you feel uncomfortable.....Nembhard's calming skills will be very much needed.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jim77 View Post
          Ahhhh....Duke will come to play. They ball hawk and try to make you feel uncomfortable.....Nembhard's calming skills will be very much needed.
          Yeah, Duke prides itself on tight man to man D forcing opponents to initiate their offense further out from the hoop than they are accustomed to or practice. I think Hickman is gonna be key guy for Zags because he can break down the pressure, make shots and not cough it up against Duke’s pressure. He and Bolton are keys to Zags victory imo.
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• katman50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Would love to see Hickman have a break out game. He is one cool player. Fearless.

Comment

• SorenTodd45
              Banned
              • Jan 2019

Game day is not like any other day. For example, I do watch other CBB teams, having Spectrum Sports Tier (don't ask what it costs) and also the ability to stream almost any CBB game as long as there is a viable TV feed. But I don't get emotional if I watch (for example) Kansas vs some other heavy hitter. Someone will win, someone will lose, and life goes on.

For a Gonzaga game, my entire routine changes. I need the right liquor, the right snacks, the right underwear, the right GU clothing, you get the idea. I am more superstitious than your average MLB player, and I know what they go through. Even when we play a cupcake, I can't alter my routine; I'm afraid of creating bad juju. We have only lost 2 regular season games in the past 2+ seasons, so I must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
              X