X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Game is 10:30 eastern which makes no sense as Duke is a huge pull in the East and this is a big game nationwide. Black Friday is always a weird TV sports day, but this takes the pumpkin pie, imo.

Comment

• HenneZag
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2012

I'm already fired up reading some of these comments. Beat the crud out of the dookies.
      America's Team!

Comment

• SorenTodd45
        Banned
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        Game is 10:30 eastern which makes no sense as Duke is a huge pull in the East and this is a big game nationwide. Black Friday is always a weird TV sports day, but this takes the pumpkin pie, imo.
        ESPN has some CFB game that starts at 7 eastern (NC State, I think), so that must be more important to them. Not sure I get that logic, but I gave up on trying to figure out ESPN years ago. As to Drew's antics, well, maybe Paolo can't grow any facial hair and he's jealous.

Comment

• gueastcoast
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
          ESPN has some CFB game that starts at 7 eastern (NC State, I think), so that must be more important to them. Not sure I get that logic, but I gave up on trying to figure out ESPN years ago. As to Drew's antics, well, maybe Paolo can't grow any facial hair and he's jealous.
          Agreed. A long day for us easterners.

The "blue blood solidarity" narrative is hilarious, and a little odd frankly. Most of those fan bases loathe one another.

All of the anti-Gonzaga points made are nonsensical save for one -- that we've not yet won a championship. People can reasonably disagree as to whether and how much that matters to be considered an elite program, but it's at least objectively true that we don't yet have one. Would love to put that point to rest.
          Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• strikenowhere
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
            ESPN has some CFB game that starts at 7 eastern (NC State, I think), so that must be more important to them. Not sure I get that logic, but I gave up on trying to figure out ESPN years ago.
            Well obviously a intra-conference football game between <checks notes> 8-3 NC State and <looks again> 6-5 North Carolina to determine who is going to play in the Jimbo Bob Muffler Bowl or the Crypto.com Coin Bowl is going to take precedence over a top 5 College Hoops matchup on the East Coast that contains one current & one future hall of fame coach & multiple NBA lottery picks. That's just logic.
            Last edited by strikenowhere; 11-26-2021, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
              Agreed. A long day for us easterners.

The "blue blood solidarity" narrative is hilarious, and a little odd frankly. Most of those fan bases loathe one another.

All of the anti-Gonzaga points made are nonsensical save for one -- that we've not yet won a championship. People can reasonably disagree as to whether and how much that matters to be considered an elite program, but it's at least objectively true that we don't yet have one. Would love to put that point to rest.
              Extra long day for this Easterner haha. Left the house at 3 am to head to RDU airport. Sitting at Minneapolis airport right now waiting on my connecting flight to Vegas. Fingers crossed that it’s not delayed! Can’t wait for tonight, just hope I don’t pass out during the game lol.
              "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• bartruff1
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

I remember Omar....and the reaction of Gonzaga fans...

Comment

• dcc
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Mar 2021

“ I remember Omar....and the reaction of Gonzaga fans...”

??

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Duke's "Game Notes". . .Page 9 of the pdf is a good write-up from The Athletic re: Duke's season to date

LINK: https://gozags.com/documents/2021/11/25/Duke_Notes.pdf

(From the GU Athletics website)

Duke's 2021-22 Media Guide is here: https://goduke.com/documents/2021/10..._MBB_Guide.pdf

Gonzaga's 2021-22 Media Guide is here: https://gozags.com/documents/2021/10/6/Record_Book.pdf

Have a great day !
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• daskim
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2020

The Citadel made 18 3-pt. baskets against Duke, and shot 52% from that line.

Unfortunately, they lost by 25. Obviously, GU will have a much better defense.

Comment

• zagamatic
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2009

What strikes me after looking at the overall schedule of Duke is that this is very likely their only chance of losing this year til tournament time. That might give Duke a little extra motivation in this one as well as giving Koach an extra push to work the refs. So please, PLEASE, to the fans that can attend in person, please let the refs have it if Koach is getting his way.
                        On a side note, UCLA will likely still win the PAC12, Duke will likely win the ACC, Alabama has a good chance to win the SEC, and Texas has a chance to win the BIG12 if they can come together as a team by conference (least likely to win their conference in my opinion). How cool would it be to not only go undefeated, but having beaten the conference champion from those conferences as well?

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                          What strikes me after looking at the overall schedule of Duke is that this is very likely their only chance of losing this year til tournament time. That might give Duke a little extra motivation in this one as well as giving Koach an extra push to work the refs. So please, PLEASE, to the fans that can attend in person, please let the refs have it if Koach is getting his way.
                          On a side note, UCLA will likely still win the PAC12, Duke will likely win the ACC, Alabama has a good chance to win the SEC, and Texas has a chance to win the BIG12 if they can come together as a team by conference (least likely to win their conference in my opinion). How cool would it be to not only go undefeated, but having beaten the conference champion from those conferences as well?
                          Yes, that would definitely be cool. However, should we win tonight, the clear expectation will be an NC. There's still Alabama next week, and whenever we have to play BYU at their place. These 3 games, including tonight, have us favored, but there are no other speed bumps that I can see.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                            Don't be surprised if Tommy sneaks in there and wins it. Those other Pac-12 coaches aren't used to that Zag system. UCLA sure couldn't handle it the other night, and Michigan sure didn't handle it either when they player Lloyd's team either.

Comment

Working...
                            X