Thread: Post game media GU-UCLA

Anyone found a link to the press conference?

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

https://theathletic.com/2975692/2021...shared-article

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

The obvious take-away is “Cheat Code Chet.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Cronin postgame, haven't seen Few's yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgvpH5A1078

Crybaby, as always. No credit to Gonzaga in LAT article. Just we were not ourselves. Great match, UCLA exceptionalism and dopey coach.

“We’re not the No. 2-ranked team in the country without Cody Riley,” Cronin said of a player expected back from a knee injury in two weeks. “Anybody that thought that wouldn’t be a big factor doesn’t watch us play a lot.”

Short but sweet article on Chet's really impressive postgame interview with Farnham: https://larrybrownsports.com/college...terview/587660

Holmgren is so genuine and humble and smart; he just come across as a really cool dude not all caught up in his own hype. I believe him when he says all he cares about is winning and love hearing him being interviewed.
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Crybaby, as always. No credit to Gonzaga in LAT article. Just we were not ourselves. Great match, UCLA exceptionalism and dopey coach.

“We’re not the No. 2-ranked team in the country without Cody Riley,” Cronin said of a player expected back from a knee injury in two weeks. “Anybody that thought that wouldn’t be a big factor doesn’t watch us play a lot.”
    My question for Cronin: A 20 point difference, though?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    My question for Cronin: A 20 point difference, though?
    Maybe he’s confusing Riley with Jabbar or Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Short but sweet article on Chet's really impressive postgame interview with Farnham: https://larrybrownsports.com/college...terview/587660

Holmgren is so genuine and humble and smart; he just come across as a really cool dude not all caught up in his own hype. I believe him when he says all he cares about is winning and love hearing him being interviewed.
    Chet left big bucks on the table when he signed with us. Can you imagine the marketing deals he’d have with a Power 5 school on the West Coast?

No doubt in my mind that Chet will be drafted higher than Paolo. The Dukie has done himself no favors in the aftermath of the DWI incident…nor did Duke. Paolo has missed no games, while Koach’s grandson has been suspended from team activities.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Chet left big bucks on the table when he signed with us. Can you imagine the marketing deals he’d have with a Power 5 school on the West Coast?

No doubt in my mind that Chet will be drafted higher than Paolo. The Dukie has done himself no favors in the aftermath of the DWI incident…nor did Duke. Paolo has missed no games, while Koach’s grandson has been suspended from team activities.
    I’m sure Dickie V will bring that incident up on Friday. Hahahahahhahahhha, luv ya DV.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post

Asked if he regret anything about the incident he said, “no”.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I’m sure Dickie V will bring that incident up on Friday. Hahahahahhahahhha, luv ya DV.
    DV brought it up during our broadcast, and said something to the effect of he's talked to people within the program and Paolo did nothing wrong.
    As an aside, I can appreciate DV's history in the sport and what he's done for cancer research, but I had to mute the game finally when they went like 10 minutes without talking about the game on the floor at all.

Garry Parish Eye on College Basketball podcast:

Bill Plaschke, LA Times post mortem review of UCLA's loss: https://sports.yahoo.com/column-fina...6.html?src=rss

Had a DVR issue and did not record the game last night. . .and couldn't watch it because I was tied up with a dinner party. Anyone with a link to where I might be able to watch a replay of the broadcast ? Thanks in advance. . .

Thanks Native.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Had a DVR issue and did not record the game last night. . .and couldn't watch it because I was tied up with a dinner party. Anyone with a link to where I might be able to watch a replay of the broadcast ? Thanks in advance. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW1c3tzj_Hg

Much appreciated, zagceo.

Default AP Story on Julian Strawther

https://apnews.com/article/sports-ba...cc61b3048871e0

Moments after top-ranked Gonzaga smashed No. 2 UCLA 83-63 in Tuesday’s championship game of the Empire Classic, dozens of relatives and friends cheered and teared up as the Bulldogs let Strawther hoist the trophy with a grin that shone like the lights of the Las Vegas Strip.

“Honestly, it’s a dream come true,” Strawther said after Monday’s 107-54 win over Central Michigan. “When you’re a kid you always want to play in the biggest games, in the biggest arenas, in the biggest events. The fact we’re here in my hometown, playing in the biggest arena that we could, and playing some of the biggest games — it means everything. Especially to have all my family out there cheering, smiling, having a good time, it just means the world.”

“He’s been great and he’s kind of what we expected of him, quite frankly,” Few said. “And that’s the same thing that Corey Kispert did. It’s just what you do at Gonzaga, that’s just how it happens and we reward those guys that are patient and actually the game rewards those guys that are patient, that work. That’s what the program is all about. It’s a credit to Julian, the type of person he is.”
    Rumble, young man, rumble

Unhappy Just rewatched the game...

At about the 2:54 mark in the 2nd half, Juzang is called for, I think, a hook. While walking back up the court, did he give the ref The Finger? (Not the "We're No. 1 Finger," either.) I'm watching on a 75" big screen tv, with a frozen image, and that looks like The Notorious Middle Digit. I can't blame him for being frustrated, after all the hype/hope about this game, but that's the first Middle Digit at a ref I've ever seen.

:[

<I'm a big Johnny Juzang fan, by the way. He's an All-American all the way.>
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Might have been directed at the crowd, but your eyes have not failed you!