• ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Garry Parish Eye on College Basketball podcast:

Comment

• Section 116
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Bill Plaschke, LA Times post mortem review of UCLA's loss: https://sports.yahoo.com/column-fina...6.html?src=rss

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Had a DVR issue and did not record the game last night. . .and couldn't watch it because I was tied up with a dinner party. Anyone with a link to where I might be able to watch a replay of the broadcast ? Thanks in advance. . .
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Thanks Native.
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
            Had a DVR issue and did not record the game last night. . .and couldn't watch it because I was tied up with a dinner party. Anyone with a link to where I might be able to watch a replay of the broadcast ? Thanks in advance. . .

Gonzaga Bulldogs vs UCLA BruinsNovember 23rd 2021No Copyright Intended.Please subscribe for more vids!

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Much appreciated, zagceo.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

AP Story on Julian Strawther

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Gonzaga's Julian Strawther couldn’t have hoped for a better homecoming. After playing just seven minutes in last season’s West Coast Conference tournament in his hometown of Las Vegas, which fans were not allowed to attend due to the pandemic, the 6-foot-7 swingman has starred for the Zags in front of enthusiastic crowds.

Moments after top-ranked Gonzaga smashed No. 2 UCLA 83-63 in Tuesday’s championship game of the Empire Classic, dozens of relatives and friends cheered and teared up as the Bulldogs let Strawther hoist the trophy with a grin that shone like the lights of the Las Vegas Strip.

“Honestly, it’s a dream come true,” Strawther said after Monday’s 107-54 win over Central Michigan. “When you’re a kid you always want to play in the biggest games, in the biggest arenas, in the biggest events. The fact we’re here in my hometown, playing in the biggest arena that we could, and playing some of the biggest games — it means everything. Especially to have all my family out there cheering, smiling, having a good time, it just means the world.”

“He’s been great and he’s kind of what we expected of him, quite frankly,” Few said. “And that’s the same thing that Corey Kispert did. It’s just what you do at Gonzaga, that’s just how it happens and we reward those guys that are patient and actually the game rewards those guys that are patient, that work. That’s what the program is all about. It’s a credit to Julian, the type of person he is.”
                Rumble, young man, rumble

Comment

• Kiddwell
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Just rewatched the game...

At about the 2:54 mark in the 2nd half, Juzang is called for, I think, a hook. While walking back up the court, did he give the ref The Finger? (Not the "We're No. 1 Finger," either.) I'm watching on a 75" big screen tv, with a frozen image, and that looks like The Notorious Middle Digit. I can't blame him for being frustrated, after all the hype/hope about this game, but that's the first Middle Digit at a ref I've ever seen.

:[

<I'm a big Johnny Juzang fan, by the way. He's an All-American all the way.>
                  Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• tummydoc
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2013

Might have been directed at the crowd, but your eyes have not failed you!

Comment

Working...
                    X