0 0%
  • Hickman

1 0.79%
  • Someone else? Who?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA

Default BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA

This was a game that this Zags team needed. UCLA clawed, scratched and fought for forty minutes and the Zags fought harder and responded with tremendous poise.

Chet Holmgren seemed to disrupt the UCLA offense all night long. Drew Timme fought through a ton of contact to score, rebound, and run the offense. Andrew Nembhard orchestrated an efficient response to UCLA’s defensive pressure. Rasir Bolton made big plays early in the game while the Zags built the early lead. Strawther grabbed nine critical rebounds. The bench played well and provided a critical relief for the Gonzaga foul trouble.

Who is tonight’s BZ Bulldog of the Game?

Box score

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371267
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Nembhard!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Nembhard!
    This on BOTH ends of the court without a SINGLE break
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Nembhard!
    He was the maestro of the Zag symphony orchestra tonight.

Andrew broke UCLA tonight. Fantastic play. So fun to watch.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Nemby was an anchor out there...

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

What a game. Andrew Nembhard was nails in all facets tonight, from the way he dictated the pace, timely shots and rebounds. He gets my vote, but Chet came within a whisker of winning POG.

Nembhard was transcendent though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

I'm going Chet just with the all around game that made everything easier for Gonzaga. I know you could say the same for Nembhard

I picked Nembhard over Holmgren.

Vitale would have been a good choice too.

Nemby, Nemby, Nemby.................

He beat Tyger like a rented mule, all night. Way too fast, way too skilled.

WOW, he was great tonight. Great team defense, too.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    What a game. Andrew Nembhard was nails in all facets tonight, from the way he dictated the pace, timely shots and rebounds. He gets my vote, but Chet came within a whisker of winning POG.

Nembhard was transcendent though.

If Andrew was transcendant, how do we describe Chet? Reading his body language, he's very pleased with his choice to matriculate to Gonzaga. BTW, I voted for Andrew, it was not an easy decision.

Nembhard thoroughly outplayed Juzang, the preseason All-American. His defense was excellent, but his control of the offense, despite everything UCLA did to ugly up this game, was the difference in this one.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Holmgren. His D snd size were a game changer. Nemby was amazing too. Strawther and Timme with the honorable mention.

nembhard controlled this game from start to finish...

POG? Nemhard. Nails.

Anti-POG? The surfer looking ref who wasn’t aware his whistle could be used against UCLA.

Nembhard was the glue tonight and gets my vote. There was a stretch he had a couple steals and it just seemed to turn the tide permanently.

Overall, the guys had some major hits tonight. They showed their toughness and composure. Good officiating to kept things in check.

Bonus: Mr Vitale gets an Honorary Zag of the Game vote from me. Nothing is more excruciating then chemo. He showed amazing toughness to do a round and announce a full game. Keep up the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    I'm going Chet just with the all around game that made everything easier for Gonzaga. I know you could say the same for Nembhard
    I was surprised that it is so overwhelmingly Nembhard (who had an excellent game). The Zag defense was the star of this game, in my opinion, and Chet was the lead actor.

But man, Nembhard was nails.

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    POG? Nemhard. Nails.

Anti-POG? The surfer looking ref who wasn’t aware his whistle could be used against UCLA.
    At about the 12 minute mark of the second half the Zags had 8 fouls called against them to UCLA’s 0 (ZERO)

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    At about the 12 minute mark of the second half the Zags had 8 fouls called against them to UCLA’s 0 (ZERO)
    I was texting everyone I could think of, wondering why this wasn’t ever mentioned in the broadcast.

Despite all that, the Zags kept their composure, and the lead never dropped below 16.

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    I was texting everyone I could think of, wondering why this wasn’t ever mentioned in the broadcast.
    Refs aren’t there to slow the bleeding (that’s incumbent on the players), but it seems like they take on that role in blowouts way to often.

It’s Nembhard and it’s not close
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Despite all that, the Zags kept their composure, and the lead never dropped below 16.
    I thought that the game had to have been whittled down to close to 10 points a few times (after fouls, empty possessions, made UCLA buckets) and each time I looked at the score the lead was still 20

Easily Nembhard. Truly one of the best games I’ve ever seen from any GU guard. Completely controlled the ball game.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89