0 0%
  • Hickman

1 0.79%
  • Someone else? Who?

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA

Default Andrew

Andrew played a complete game tonight and was magnificient! He controlled the pace and made all the right passes. He played like an All-American and we are so very lucky to have him in our program. I know the other players on the team get a lot of hype by the media, but Andrew plays the game right and deserves much more accolades for leading this team. Congrats to a great game from a great Zag!

Nembhard easily wins this but I want to give a shout out to Strawther who I think had the best possession of the night. Poked the ball for an offensive rebound, then saved a bad pass from Nembhard from going out of bounds, then drained a 3. All in the span of 10 seconds. This was when UCLA was getting a little bit of confidence in the second half. Hustle like that when we're up big is going to go far in closing out ball games.

But the winner here is Nembhard. Felt like he was toying with UCLA at times.

Finally I want to also give a shout out to Chet. Box score doesn't come close to explaining how big he is out there. Juzang and Jaquez weren't getting the easy buckets they got last year because Chet is an absolute dominant presence down low.

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Oh yes I did. Lol.
    America's Team!

Went with Chet on a coin flip. The real edge was showing big in a big game, and hopefully it won’t be the last time! We’ll need him looking this good again on Friday. Hopefully, they don’t follow this win over UCLA with another loss like the last time they beat the Bruins.
    Getting vaccinated isn’t a political issue. It’s a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Had to go with Nembhard but thought hard about Chet, both had great games.

Straw definitely gets an honorable mention with more than a few man-sized rebounds, you love to see it.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Nemby and it wasn't even close. Chet gets an HM though
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Thought Straw played a brilliant 2d half. Those points and rebounds were key to holding off the Waltons from getting the deficit into the teens, which would have been uh-oh time. Also thought we slowed it down a bit too soon. Perry had one big rebound too.

Nembhard ranks with best if not the best point guards in GU's history.

Noticed a bunch of phantom calls on GU tonight. Mostly called on Holmgren.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Thought Straw played a brilliant 2d half. Those points and rebounds were key to holding off the Waltons from getting the deficit into the teens, which would have been uh-oh time. Also thought we slowed it down a bit too soon. Perry had one big rebound too.
    Straw definitely put the final touch on "goodnight John (Juzang) boy!"

Nembhard for sure.

Very nice week of college hoops for the Nembhard brothers!
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Nembhard. But IMO it was close with he and Holmgren. Holmgren's defense that first half was totally awesome, and it gave GU a comfortable lead that they held the rest of the game. His defense really frustrated UCLA'S plans. You could see their plan was to attack Holmgren, and he showed that he is a lot tougher than people think.

Now to Nembard. Wow!! 24 and 6 assists, but was in total control of the game. He showed that he DOES have an offensive game, and CAN shoot the 3 ball. You can see the UCLA'S defense was going to make Nemby and Boldon shoot the 3,,,,And both of our guys showed them they they can shoot the 3 when needed. But it was Nemby's attacking the basket off the dribble that surprised me. He scored on a lot of insdie baskets. Last year's Zag team was outstanding in attacking the basket but I think that this year's guards are even better. Nemby's play was one of the best guard play that I"ve seen at GU and there are some damn good guards at what is known as Guard U.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Interesting observation I had when I learned that Nembard went for 24 & 6. I had no idea he scored that many points.

That's the way he plays the game. Efficiently and quietly doing what needs to be done.

Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

I pointed out to the persons I was watching the game with

Never in my life have I seen an officiating team dole out 9 fouls on one team without calling one on the opposing team. Think it was 12 of the first 13 in the second half were called on GU. Think refs had money on the game and needed to help the spread.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Never in my life have I seen an officiating team dole out 9 fouls on one team without calling one on the opposing team. Think it was 12 of the first 13 in the second half were called on GU. Think refs had money on the game and needed to help the spread.
    I think the refs were trying to throttle the game because the outcome was never in doubt. A 9 to zero foul ratio is silly, especially given how rough they were playing us last night. The prospect of playing a marquee match up with both of our bigs in foul trouble almost became real last night. Subbing in Kaden Perry indicates Few wanted a physical presence in there, no disrespect to Ben Gregg, but KP dished out some hard fouls and I was glad to see it. If you're going to get called, might as well earn it.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga...2-ucla.529053/

Thread about Andrew on the Gator Board.
    But we don't play nobody.

Nembhard highlights - stolen from the Gator fans.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Sm_3ApQmw

He looks like he is having a lot of fun playing for the Zags.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.