Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Farnham's Idea Has Merit

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Farnham's Idea Has Merit

    During the game Sean Farnham made a great suggestion... bring back Cory, Joel and Jaylen during the NBA all-star break for proper recognition and Thanks for being great Zags and great young men...

    What say ye GUNation... I think it's a great idea...

    just my opinion

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    9,037

    Default

    Agree-- it would be great to have them all back for senior day.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    not in Spokane
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    It was about the only intelligent thing he said last night. I usually like him when he is 2nd chair on one of our games, but last night he seemed distracted. Can't really blame him, I guess; look who we played.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    17,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    During the game Sean Farnham made a great suggestion... bring back Cory, Joel and Jaylen during the NBA all-star break for proper recognition and Thanks for being great Zags and great young men...

    What say ye GUNation... I think it's a great idea...

    just my opinion

    Go!! Zags!!!
    I agree. Make it Homecoming.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,256

    Default

    Even at the break, NBA schedules are really grinding, going to be tough. Yea, Farnham seemed disinterested. He’s usually aligned with the Kennel energy and the Davenport’s cuisine, maybe that’s why.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Love the idea .... but things like that happen "almost" every season. I can think of half a dozen times that former Zags are back in the Kennel during the All Star break .... or in Rui's case, for "Senior" night.

    But kudos to Farnham. I have an "idea" that this will come to fruition. I'm particularly fired up about Jalen .... as Cory and Joel had years of the "student" experience in home games.

    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

    Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    326

    Default

    All Star Weekend Sunday Feb 20. We have a home game the 19th. But will All Star weekend feature rookie vs sophomore like normal? If so, Kispert and Suggs may be in that game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    79

    Default

    1. Rui came back for his "missed" senior night in 2020 and was a surprise guest hosted by actual senior Killian Tillie who had joined the team with him and been his team mate for 3 yrs. It was spectacular.

    2. Suggs might be doing some kind of freshmen/soph event, but Corey and Joel won't. Get those guys in the Kennel in person, and get Jalen to do a little Zoom/Video message.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    14,030

    Default

    Definitely... Maybe someone with better connections might want to suggest such a thing directly to someone in the administration
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Love the idea .... but things like that happen "almost" every season. I can think of half a dozen times that former Zags are back in the Kennel during the All Star break .... or in Rui's case, for "Senior" night.

    But kudos to Farnham. I have an "idea" that this will come to fruition. I'm particularly fired up about Jalen .... as Cory and Joel had years of the "student" experience in home games.
    Agreed Go Zags. I feel bad for Jalen that he never got to experience the Kennel in full throat. Arranging something so he would be able to experience that would be incredible. Hope it works out.

    Go ZAGS

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Even at the break, NBA schedules are really grinding, going to be tough. Yea, Farnham seemed disinterested. He’s usually aligned with the Kennel energy and the Davenport’s cuisine, maybe that’s why.

    I would hate to live my life with the glass half empty 24/7. Just once - I would like to see an upbeat post from you. As difficult as it might be - I would love to see it. Kispert, Suggs, and Ayayi deserve the love they have earned. What season!!!!!!!
    Love the Zags!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I would hate to live my life with the glass half empty 24/7. Just once - I would like to see an upbeat post from you. As difficult as it might be - I would love to see it. Kispert, Suggs, and Ayayi deserve the love they have earned. What season!!!!!!!
    Geez, I’d say half my posts are positive. But thanks for the emotion check.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Geez, I’d say half my posts are positive. But thanks for the emotion check.
    Jazz. You have many talents. Math certainly doesn’t appear to be one of them.

    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

    Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Jazz. You have many talents. Math certainly doesn’t appear to be one of them.
    Hilarious. Now go practice your putting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •