Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has the tune on Tommy Lloyd changed at Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Aren't hurls always the second coming?
    I see what you did there.

But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I need a shower. . .
    Funny how they rave about Miller but not acknowledging that he was a CHEATER...no respect for that board at present...One thing for sure about Tommy's hire...they won't have to worry about UA cheating to win...The pressure at this school to win is enormous and I believe Tommy will get-her-done...

Well there is always Wildcat football!

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Lotta hate there for Tommy at AZ.

Like this from Gilbert Arenas saying Damon Stoudamire should be AZ coach….Guess that is based on how he distinguished himself with a 71-77 record at Pacific or his status as a founding member of the “Jail Blazers”

https://twitter.com/justinesports/st...838128643?s=21

Sorta wish Tommy well but he is taking care of himself these days. Pulled a couple of moves with recruits that left a bad taste on the way out of Spokane.

ZZ
    Does anybody think Stoudamire would have been 6-0 at this point? I think not!
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

I know little about B Mike but it seems Tommy was really effective in building trust with recruits and gaining loyalty among the troops based on his personality. He stood behind his guys, especially those he recruited. B-Mike is a drop dead serious type it appears from his interviews which is not a bad thing in itself, but that salesmanship aspect Lloyd has was a real asset. Is B-Mike an affable guy that can help build trust and loyalty like Few and Tommy were able to do? This is my question. The human aspect is important.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    I know little about B Mike but it seems Tommy was really effective in building trust with recruits and gaining loyalty among the troops based on his personality. He stood behind his guys, especially those he recruited. B-Mike is a drop dead serious type it appears from his interviews which is not a bad thing in itself, but that salesmanship aspect Lloyd has was a real asset. Is B-Mike an affable guy that can help build trust and loyalty like Few and Tommy were able to do? This is my question. The human aspect is important.
    If I recall, he has been mentioned as a lead recruiter on some guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    If I recall, he has been mentioned as a lead recruiter on some guys.
    That is true and some players have spoken about how they like him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    B-Mike is a drop dead serious type it appears from his interviews which is not a bad thing in itself, but that salesmanship aspect Lloyd has was a real asset. Is B-Mike an affable guy that can help build trust and loyalty like Few and Tommy were able to do? This is my question. The human aspect is important.
    As was noted above, Brian has been the lead on a number of high profile recruits. He was the KEY in getting Nigel Williams-Goss to Gonzaga. I have spoken with parents of current (and former) Zags. They go out of their way to single out Michaelson.

As I said earlier, I have ZERO concerns with Brian Michaelson. ZERO.

Edited to add: At the beginning of this cute little run, the HC was an "affable" guy and the #2 guy was the "behind the scenes" nuts and bolts person. That successful combination got us 33 seconds and a possession away from the Final Four (Elite 8 loss to eventual National Champion UConn). The "affable" guy moved on. The "nuts and bolts" #2 guy seems to have done okay.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0