X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

Beavs lose to drop to 1-4. Last 2 losses to Princeton and Samford.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

UNC got schooled by Rick Barnes and Tennessee losing 89-72.
      Tar Heels should fall out of the Top 25 and I just don’t see them climbing back into it.

Purdue frightens me. Zags have no answer for that kind of size; hope we don’t see them this season but if Zags don’t win it all I’d be happy for Matt Painter to lead the Boilermakers all the way. Anyone but Duke.

Watched Utah State come back to beat Oklahoma. A great game! Sooners had the momentum and a nice 6 point lead or so w about 4 minutes left then had three really bad possessions in a row to cough it up. Several quick trigger 3’s that missed and a couple bad TO’s. Porter Moser will have the Sooners in the Dance no doubt.
      Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

LMU has 17 @ the half. Down 15.

No answers for FSU D
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Colorado State looks like the early favorite in the Mountain West as they beat Creighton 95-81. David Roddy led the Rams with 36, Isaiah Stevens had 17 points and 11 assists.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Impossible for this Upstate New Yorker not to root for the senior laden St. Bonaventure squad currently leading Marquette 33-25 at the half, but I like Shaka Smart and Marquette too. Fun game but a lot of missed shots keeping me from calling it a good game.
            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Hoopaholic
              • Mar 2008

Shaka whining because Bonny coach takes timeout to let his senior team bask in a championship and get bench in in blow out…starts screaming at other coach…..totally lost it

Then Shaka keeps his starters in and presses to make a 22 point game a 14 point game in final minutes……really?

Shaka tries a blow by in the handshake line but St Bonny coach while shaking hand grabs shoulder so Shaka could not get away from him …………
              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• GoZags
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                Shaka whining because Bonny coach takes timeout to let his senior team bask in a championship and get bench in in blow out…starts screaming at other coach…..totally lost it

Then Shaka keeps his starters in and presses to make a 22 point game a 14 point game in final minutes……really?

Shaka tries a blow by in the handshake line but St Bonny coach while shaking hand grabs shoulder so Shaka could not get away from him …………
                Shaka was acting like a punk. A 100 percent, flat out punk. What a jerk. At one time I liked the guy ... what a whiner.
                sigpic
                “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                ——-
                List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• SorenTodd45
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2019

Halftime at T-Mobile, AZ Cats came ready to play. Go Oumar! If AZ hangs on, this is a signature Quad 1 win for Tommy and his boys.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                    Shaka was acting like a punk. A 100 percent, flat out punk. What a jerk. At one time I liked the guy ... what a whiner.
                    This

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

OMG.....TOM....E.......TOM......E.........UofA.... .UofA......

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Wildcats got dudes
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GUDAD2020
                          Kennel Club
                          • Feb 2021

Congrats to Tommy. Great win over ESPN's beloved Juwan Howard. Zona played great and won a well deserved win.

Now losing to two unranked teams in the first 6 games, will Michigan still be in top 10?

Comment

• SorenTodd45
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
                            Congrats to Tommy. Great win over ESPN's beloved Juwan Howard. Zona played great and won a well deserved win.
                            I'm just as geeked tonight as if WE had played. This win was HUGE. The 'Cats with Coach Lute were ranked year after year, so I wonder if this is the highest ranked team they have ever beaten as an unranked team themselves. The stink of Sean Miller is fading away quickly.

Comment

• IowaSERE
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Oct 2008

Seeing how AZ is one of the main competition for west coast recruits, I don't see how anyone can root for them.

Comment

• HenneZag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Aug 2012

I cant get on the AZ wagon. Happy for Tommy but this is bittersweet. AZ is competition for best in the west, recruits etc. Can't really get excited about this one.
                                America's Team!

Comment

Working...
                                X