Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Games: Sunday - 11. 21. 22

Wildcats got dudes

Congrats to Tommy. Great win over ESPN's beloved Juwan Howard. Zona played great and won a well deserved win.

Now losing to two unranked teams in the first 6 games, will Michigan still be in top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
    Congrats to Tommy. Great win over ESPN's beloved Juwan Howard. Zona played great and won a well deserved win.
    I'm just as geeked tonight as if WE had played. This win was HUGE. The 'Cats with Coach Lute were ranked year after year, so I wonder if this is the highest ranked team they have ever beaten as an unranked team themselves. The stink of Sean Miller is fading away quickly.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Seeing how AZ is one of the main competition for west coast recruits, I don't see how anyone can root for them.

I cant get on the AZ wagon. Happy for Tommy but this is bittersweet. AZ is competition for best in the west, recruits etc. Can't really get excited about this one.
    America's Team!

Happy to see Michigan lose! That's the best part for me.

Tommy's team looked a lot like Gonzaga, surprise, surprise. Well done Tommy LLoyd.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    Tommy's team looked a lot like Gonzaga, surprise, surprise. Well done Tommy LLoyd.
    I loved the game. Arizona did look a lot like Gonzaga by the way they played. I've always like Tommy. He had a lot to do with the success of Gonzaga, IMO. I've been waiting for this for awhile and really enjoyed it. Michigan was not prepared for this kind of game. It was so good to see Tommy in the role of a head coach.

I've always liked Arizona and have always rooted for them accept when they Played Gonzaga. Lute Olsen was a great coach.
    Congrats, Tommy.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Wildcats got dudes
    That can’t be. I remember Jazz writing about Arizona scrimmage that they are mediocre euros…
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

So...Zags fans can root for Leon Rice and Dan Monson, because they aren't any kind of threat, but can't root for Tommy Lloyd now? Yeah, that's totally cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    That can’t be. I remember Jazz writing about Arizona scrimmage that they are mediocre euros…
    I'm gonna have to see that map of Europe. Apparently includes Canada, Cameroon and Mali.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    So...Zags fans can root for Leon Rice and Dan Monson, because they aren't any kind of threat, but can't root for Tommy Lloyd now? Yeah, that's totally cool.
    Some, yeah. But we’re not a hive. I’d guess that most are happy for Tommy and Arizona. Some don’t like Zona, some may fear their potential.
    But why focus on just two bees?

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    OMG.....TOM....E.......TOM......E.........UofA.... .UofA......
    Arizona shot 4-21 from 3PT and wins by 18. Michigan Michigan. Haha.

Maybe Juwan isn’t all that after all. Big Blue indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GUDAD2020 View Post

Now losing to two unranked teams in the first 6 games, will Michigan still be in top 10?
    They’d have to go under .500, the CBB media adore Juwan.

What a great statement win for Arizona and their new head coach Tommy Lloyd! Dude gives his heart and soul to Gonzaga for 20 years and now we can't root for him and UA because they will compete against Gonzaga? Give me a break with that nonsense..."anyone, anytime, anywhere." I am all on board rooting for UA every game they play save vs Zags. Super happy for Tommy Lloyd and hope he enjoys great success...and that the NCAA lets them play in the tourney this year.

Agree w others here that Arizona resembles Zags quite a bit but I'd say they seem to play more aggressively than Zags do; for example, the trapping on D and the multiple high risk, high reward length of court passes on fast breaks as well as alley-oops. Michigan does not have the kind of defensive minded guards that could make Arizona pay for their aggressiveness like Wichita State did; 'Zona went from 22 turnovers vs the Shockers to 10 turnovers vs the Wolverines yet definitely didn't play more conservatively to do so. IF Zags had to play Arizona in the NCAA tourney (and I hope that doesn't happen just because...awkward), I think Zags guards could D up Arizona's perimeter players and forcing turnovers would be the difference in the game for Zags win.

Now Zags gotta hold serve, so to speak, for the 'best in the West' title by beating Central Michigan, UCLA and Duke this week!
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

found this on AZ board )

But we don't play nobody.