Thread: Stay Vigilant and Stay Safe for our Lady Zags

Default Stay Vigilant and Stay Safe for our Lady Zags

While it is great to be with our Lady Zags and our fellow Zag fans in the Kennel, here is a reminder that we must stay vigilant and safe if things are to remain that way. Here is a public service reminder:

From ESPN:

Iowa Women's Basketball Games Canceled Over Positive COVID-19 Tests
    Mechelle Voepel
    ESPN.com

Iowa's women's basketball team canceled Sunday's home game against in-state rival Drake on Friday and pulled out of next week's Cancun Challenge in Mexico after positive tests for COVID-19 in the program.

The No. 8 Hawkeyes (4-0) are now scheduled to play at Duke next on Dec. 2 in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

"We're obviously disappointed but understand this is the right decision," Iowa coach Lisa Bluder said in a statement. "Our team and staff have followed best practices. But unfortunately, a number of individuals experienced symptoms and tested positive. We will continue to follow the guidance of our medical staff and look forward to returning to the court."

The Hawkeyes are led by sophomore Caitlin Clark, who is averaging 21.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 6.8 assists. She had a triple-double with 16 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in a victory over Southern on Nov. 17.
    This pandemic is not gone it is still here.

Let's make sure that we do our part to keep our family, friends, fellow fans and lady zags safe.

ZagDad

This college hoops fan just felt a chill down my spine upon reading this news.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Most folks are adhering to the mask policy at the women's games. I hope the vigilance continues.