Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga v UCLA 11/23 Predictions/Thoughts/What Do You Hope To See?

It will be interesting to see how UCLA does against Bellarmine on Monday night. I hope the Bellarmine team plays with as much energy as they did in the Kennel.

85 GU
    81 UCLA

Tough call. The University of California at Los Angeles Bruins return the entire team that took arguably the best Zags team of all time to overtime on the biggest stage this past year. We’re good but young, they’re upper class and experienced. We’re still learning each other, and they have been playing together for a while. It’s a worrisome tussle, Regardless, can’t pick against the Zags. I say GU wins 83-80
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Red face An early call, early prayer...

Bruins in Ruins II, a twice-in-'21 poem
    <ahem>
    The One beats the Two,
    The fans wow, "O, dang!"
    When Ras guards the Tyger,
    And Chet guards Juzang.

-------
    Shoo-Ins -- 88
    Ruins -- 79

:]

-------
    Don't Wreck the Game, a prayerful (bonus) poem
    <ahem>
    Please, not in the booth,
    (My most fervent prayer!)
    Keep purple-haze Bill,
    Off the darn-dang air!

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post

-------
    Don't Wreck the Game, a prayerful (bonus) poem
    <ahem>
    Please, not in the booth,
    (My most fervent prayer!)
    Keep purple-haze Bill,
    Off the darn-dang air!

:[
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

One thing that does give me hope against UCLA is their complete lack of production from the 5 position. Their two centers, Johnson and Nwuba, combined for two points on 40 minutes of play against Villanova. We won’t need to double the post. That should free Holmgren and Watson to defend the driving lanes and passing lanes.
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 11-22-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

GU -89 -80

No worries about Uncle Bill, I doubt ESPN would let him anywhere near a game of this magnitude (and his obvious bias towards the Bruins) Will be Dick Vitale in the 2nd chair; Dave O'Brien on the play-by-play.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

From what I am reading Dickie V reallly WANTS that game. I suspect ESPN gives him whatever he wants, especially with his health issues.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Honestly, this game is going to be what defines the Zags for the rest of this season. This is a battle for western supremacy in college hoops. UCLA wants to be the top team in the west. Their fans act like it is a birthright... and are obnoxious about it. I think the Zags are just too deep for UCLA to handle. #7 or #8 on this team might start on the Bruins team. My guts says it goes one of two ways... its going to be a blowout or a game for the ages. Regardless of which it is, Zags will come out on top.

Zags 88
    UCLA 84
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

A week ago, I would have picked this veteran, battle-tested UCLA team against this Gonzaga team that is still learning to play together. After watching the Zags improve from game to game, I think they’re ready. On some weird level, I think that the veteran Zags, especially Timme and Nembhard, will want to exact a measure of revenge for last year’s Final Four game.

Revenge game? The Zags won. How can it be a revenge game?

The Zags were unquestionably the best team in the West in 2021. The Zags played great defense in that game - forcing tough contested shot after tough contested shot. UCLA seemed to hit an entire season’s worth of low-percentage, contested mid-range shot in that game. I have a feeling that the Zags will come out looking for more than a win. They will want to reassert their place in college basketball’s hierarchy and remind UCLA that Gonzaga is still the top dog on the West Coast. Those tough contested shots will be even more difficult against Holmgren’s long arms. The circus shots won’t fall. The Zags will lead by a healthy margin for much of the game.

I anticipate a huge game from Drew Timme. He will be the first Zag to win the award named for UCLA’s legendary coach and this will be the showcase game where he displays all of his savvy, old school craftsmanship.

Zags win 94-78.

I would love to see Sallis guarding Campbell for several minutes. Campbell is short, slow, non-athletic, and not a good shooter. Sallis with his motor and athletisism would give a guy like Campbell fits. You cut off the head, you kill the snake.

Gonzaga - 81
    UCLA - 83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any guess on what GU players are assigned to guard Juzang, Bernard and Jaquez?

GU 84 0 UCLA 79

Zags 85-82. Strawther hits the three for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I would love to see Sallis guarding Campbell for several minutes. Campbell is short, slow, non-athletic, and not a good shooter. Sallis with his motor and athletisism would give a guy like Campbell fits. You cut off the head, you kill the snake.
    There is more to basketball than just being athletic. Campbell is super crafty and has a knack to make things happen. Pangos was similar in the fashion that he just had that high IQ.
    America's Team!

Zags roll 82-78. Defense steps up making key stops down the stretch. Also expect to see our favorite highlights. "Suggs for the Win... OHHHHhhhh.........there are onions, then there are MAJOR ONIONS for the kiss"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9QYlSWPoAo

I'll enjoy this every time...

Go Zags

I heard kind of a crazy stat during halftime of another game this weekend. Tomorrow's game is going to be the first time ever that a #1 vs #2 game will feature two teams from the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    There is more to basketball than just being athletic. Campbell is super crafty and has a knack to make things happen. Pangos was similar in the fashion that he just had that high IQ.
    Well the little short, non-athletic, non-shooting point guard for the Bruins was 1-7 from the field and 0-6 from 3. I believe that if Bellarmine can guard him, that we can find someone to guard him. I still say cut off the head, you kill the snake. Stick Sallis on him.

Zags 82-80

I'm really looking forward to having Dickie V at our game, I hope all the best for him and his treatment and am happy he gets to call this game.
    It's going to be a treat.

I wish him the best, but I just can't listen to him. I don't want to hear duke, duke, duke over and over and how great their coach is. I will have to turn the sound down and just watch.

Zags 84
    Bruins 72

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

85-84 gonzaga

Gonzaga 84
    UCLA 80
    Love the Zags!!!