Gonzaga v UCLA 11/23 Predictions/Thoughts/What Do You Hope To See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

One thing that does give me hope against UCLA is their complete lack of production from the 5 position. Their two centers, Johnson and Nwuba, combined for two points on 40 minutes of play against Villanova. We won’t need to double the post. That should free Holmgren and Watson to defend the driving lanes and passing lanes.
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 11-22-2021, 01:56 PM.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• zag67
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

GU -89 -80

Comment

• SorenTodd45
        Banned
        • Jan 2019

No worries about Uncle Bill, I doubt ESPN would let him anywhere near a game of this magnitude (and his obvious bias towards the Bruins) Will be Dick Vitale in the 2nd chair; Dave O'Brien on the play-by-play.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

From what I am reading Dickie V reallly WANTS that game. I suspect ESPN gives him whatever he wants, especially with his health issues.
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Honestly, this game is going to be what defines the Zags for the rest of this season. This is a battle for western supremacy in college hoops. UCLA wants to be the top team in the west. Their fans act like it is a birthright... and are obnoxious about it. I think the Zags are just too deep for UCLA to handle. #7 or #8 on this team might start on the Bruins team. My guts says it goes one of two ways... its going to be a blowout or a game for the ages. Regardless of which it is, Zags will come out on top.

Zags 88
            UCLA 84
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
              Administrator
              • Apr 2009

A week ago, I would have picked this veteran, battle-tested UCLA team against this Gonzaga team that is still learning to play together. After watching the Zags improve from game to game, I think they’re ready. On some weird level, I think that the veteran Zags, especially Timme and Nembhard, will want to exact a measure of revenge for last year’s Final Four game.

Revenge game? The Zags won. How can it be a revenge game?

The Zags were unquestionably the best team in the West in 2021. The Zags played great defense in that game - forcing tough contested shot after tough contested shot. UCLA seemed to hit an entire season’s worth of low-percentage, contested mid-range shot in that game. I have a feeling that the Zags will come out looking for more than a win. They will want to reassert their place in college basketball’s hierarchy and remind UCLA that Gonzaga is still the top dog on the West Coast. Those tough contested shots will be even more difficult against Holmgren’s long arms. The circus shots won’t fall. The Zags will lead by a healthy margin for much of the game.

I anticipate a huge game from Drew Timme. He will be the first Zag to win the award named for UCLA’s legendary coach and this will be the showcase game where he displays all of his savvy, old school craftsmanship.

Zags win 94-78.
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I would love to see Sallis guarding Campbell for several minutes. Campbell is short, slow, non-athletic, and not a good shooter. Sallis with his motor and athletisism would give a guy like Campbell fits. You cut off the head, you kill the snake.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                  Zag for Life
                  • May 2008

Gonzaga - 81
                  UCLA - 83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• daskim
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2020

Any guess on what GU players are assigned to guard Juzang, Bernard and Jaquez?

GU 84 0 UCLA 79

Comment

• Mvzags
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Jan 2021

Zags 85-82. Strawther hits the three for the win.

Comment

• HenneZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                        I would love to see Sallis guarding Campbell for several minutes. Campbell is short, slow, non-athletic, and not a good shooter. Sallis with his motor and athletisism would give a guy like Campbell fits. You cut off the head, you kill the snake.
                        There is more to basketball than just being athletic. Campbell is super crafty and has a knack to make things happen. Pangos was similar in the fashion that he just had that high IQ.
                        America's Team!

Comment

• GUDAD2020
                          Kennel Club
                          • Feb 2021

Zags roll 82-78. Defense steps up making key stops down the stretch. Also expect to see our favorite highlights. "Suggs for the Win... OHHHHhhhh.........there are onions, then there are MAJOR ONIONS for the kiss"

I'll enjoy this every time...

Go Zags

Comment

• zagamatic
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2009

I heard kind of a crazy stat during halftime of another game this weekend. Tomorrow's game is going to be the first time ever that a #1 vs #2 game will feature two teams from the west coast.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                              There is more to basketball than just being athletic. Campbell is super crafty and has a knack to make things happen. Pangos was similar in the fashion that he just had that high IQ.
                              Well the little short, non-athletic, non-shooting point guard for the Bruins was 1-7 from the field and 0-6 from 3. I believe that if Bellarmine can guard him, that we can find someone to guard him. I still say cut off the head, you kill the snake. Stick Sallis on him.

Comment

• Gin N GUice
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Feb 2009

Zags 82-80

Comment

Working...
                                X