Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gonzaga v UCLA 11/23 Predictions/Thoughts/What Do You Hope To See?

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Houston 71- UCLA 69 at the Astrodome January 20, 1968. Both undefeated. Called the "Game of the Century" and established college basketball as a sport commodity comes close.

Can't think of another true West Coast team though.
    I watched that game and many of you may not know this but Lew Alcindor had been poked in the eye before this game; subsequently, his vision was no where near 20-20...if his vision was not an issue, UCLA would have blown Houston out of the gym like they did in the Semifinals...

GU 81-77

Toughest test yet

GU 82
    UCLA 77

I think the best player on the floor tonight for UCLA will be Watson ..... no....not that Watson.....Peyton Watson...... freshman guard....

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Reborn - I agree with everything you said - excellent post - right up until you said the three point shot has improved. I donít see it and Iím not sure how you get there with that claim. Please elaborate or provide evidence as I would love to change my mind. I actually am concerned that the shooting from beyond the arc can be the one aspect of their game that might trip them up deep in the tournament. There will be a game where they will need it and it isnít there.
    i count Strawthere as a guard when it comes to shooting. He's been awesome (3-5, 4-7,3-4). In the last 3 games. HIckman: (3-4 against Bellermine). Nembhard: (1-3, 2-5, 2-3). In the last 3 games Gonzaga has made 7, 11, and 9 three pointers. I think that's okay. But I do see Nembhard's shooting really improved and Hickman.s also.And Strawther is shooting the 3 ball really well. Bolton I think will be solid in the toughest games. Well. That's what I see,

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I'm not feeling overly confident with this one...

Bruins 85
    Zags 78
    Last edited by CdAZagFan; 11-23-2021 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Edited score down (if Bruins do win, it will only be by holding the Zag offense in check)

Zags 80
    UCLA 70

83-81 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I watched that game and many of you may not know this but Lew Alcindor had been poked in the eye before this game; subsequently, his vision was no where near 20-20...if his vision was not an issue, UCLA would have blown Houston out of the gym like they did in the Semifinals...

GU 81-77
    Did not know that.

82-76 GU

Just win. This is important come NCAAs. The winner may be the team that gets to stay out west.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Against Bellarmine their 5 starters combined for 35 points on 46 shots. Our guys combined for 73 points on 42 shots. UCLA has a high ceiling, but also a very low floor. They might keep it close, but they also might lose by 20.
    What I meant to say was, "they will lose by 20".

UCLA's starters scored 55 on 58 shots. Our starters had 78 points on 45 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    What I meant to say was, "they will lose by 20". .

I knew what you meant, scrooner.

But we don't play nobody.