Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Games: TUE - 11. 16. 21

- this will be a great quad 1 victory for byu. it is way early, but byu might look back at this game as the one that got them into the tournament.
    - any coach who thinks his team is a potential 'bubble' team come selection sunday, must must schedule oregon in their o.o.c. schedule.
    - oregon always falters out of the gate and coughs up a couple of games and then hits their stride come pac 12 tourney.

- yeah seton hall, love to see michigan lose...at any and everything.

TARLETON ST. 51
    Wichita St. 65

So. Alabama 68
    ALABAMA 73

Jackson St. 64
    Cal. Baptist 77

(Pavel with a sparse line)
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371369

Stanislaus St. 46
    PACIFIC 65

No. Dakota St. 45
    Arizona 97

(as mentioned above, Oumar contributing)
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401365596
    But we don't play nobody.

What a beat down. Barcello went off. That guy sucked when he was at Arizona. I can't believe he's still in college, this must be his 8th year.

edit--okay, it hasn't been quite that long, but it seems like it; he was a Fr. same year as Ayton, who is now in his 4th year in the NBA. I don't think anybody who was on that squad was even at UA last year. Maybe Ira Lee, but I lost track of them recently.

Default Pretty terrific win...

...for BYU and the WCC. Guessing the Cougars are a Top-15 team in one or both of the polls next Monday (assuming no slip-ups prior). West Coast Conference looking good early.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

This has been a very solid first week of play for the WCC as a whole. Five teams are 3-0 or better. The league is 24-7 overall with wins over Oregon, Texas, Nevada, San Diego State, and Stanford.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ngs/_/group/29
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Only game that surprised me as much as BYU beating up on Oregon is Alabama struggling to put away So. Alabama 73-68.

Seton Hall beating Michigan not surprising to me at all but deeply satisfying.

Duke sucks
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

National media will alibi like crazy for Juwan, wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Former Zag Aaron Cook scores 22 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 steals in a win for Georgia.
    Great kid, couldn’t be happier. Following his bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    What a beat down. Barcello went off. That guy sucked when he was at Arizona. I can't believe he's still in college, this must be his 8th year.

edit--okay, it hasn't been quite that long, but it seems like it; he was a Fr. same year as Ayton, who is now in his 4th year in the NBA. I don't think anybody who was on that squad was even at UA last year. Maybe Ira Lee, but I lost track of them recently.
    How much did the Chipmunk pay for him, or did Deandre get all of it that year?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I never noticed the chipmunk resemblance, definitely Alvin!

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I never noticed the chipmunk resemblance, definitely Alvin!
    On his fatter days. His weight, unlike his prevarications, went up and down. A totally disreputable person, the polar opposite of Lute as I’m sure our guest poster would agree.

After 3 games, Ken Pom rates the WCC at a solid #7.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Oregon is getting a beat down.
    WCC Strong
    Payton Pritchard ain't walking through that door anytime soon, he's getting paid to play now. BYU is up to #20 in KenPom now, but I still think we can handle them twice.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Payton Pritchard ain't walking through that door anytime soon, he's getting paid to play now. BYU is up to #20 in KenPom now, but I still think we can handle them twice.
    My guess it will be 3 times. Don't like the idea of them winning a lone WCC title. It won't matter that they failed the other 9 tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I watched the whole game of BYU vs Oregon. And while BYU did play well, the end result was more of a function of how poorly Oregon played. It was clearly evident that Oregon was playing away from their home gym for the first time and was having a hard time finding chemistry. Still, a nice win for BYU and the WCC.

BYU has Solis depth this season

Their two lead guards will he a handful.

Also, BYU features some length at various positions I've never seen before.

This surprised Oregon

Alex Barcello the best guard in the WCC? IMO, yes.

The WCC is looking great this year! This BYU takedown of Oregon by 31 points is NO small thing. Santa Clara is looking better than I thought and already have solid wins over Stanford and Nevada (they also have some good height). St. Marys is looking a lot better than last year with improved shooting. San Francisco is looking good with a win over a good Davidson team. First, as mentioned in a SI article, the BYU offense has a lot of room to get better and if they do, watch out. Second, I have noticed a few times where Barcello has been bad mouthed on this forum. I think he is a stand up guy and right now is the most efficient shooter in the nation (not to mention he is perfect from the line). In addition to absolutely scorching Oregon (no slouches on defense), he had zero turnovers. Finally, the WCC has some great coaches starting with Mark Few, Mark Pope, Randy Bennet and Todd Golden. Some of our other coaches are not too bad either. If we keep progressing we might be the number seven conference after the big east or pac 12.

Great kid, couldn’t be happier. Following his bliss.
    I didn’t realize Cook had transferred. Though the graduated. https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...ers-to-georgia

Best of luck to AC and thanks for helping us to the FF last year.

ZZ

BYU's win was absolutely stunning. Did Oregon look hung over and unmotivated? Or did BYU make them look that way? Regardless, that was a merciless beating that should leave BYU well-positioned for the post season, and Oregon doing a lot of soul searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

It's funny, now you can pay a kid as much as you want thru NLI and it's all above board. What used to be considered cheating is now just a good opportunity.

It's funny, now you can pay a kid as much as you want thru NLI and it's all above board. What used to be considered cheating is now just a good opportunity.
    It was still criminal back then and he skated.

It was still criminal back then and he skated.
    Kinda missed my point. What was morally reprehensible a short time ago is now totally cool. Maybe the shock and outrage from the before times was fake?

I'm not actually condoning cheating. I'm suggesting NLI is gonna get abused in ways we haven't even imagined yet, and is actually a fairly bad idea. Brought to us by an organization with a long history of bad ideas.

Maybe NCAA football should institute a salary cap like other pro sports.

Kinda missed my point. What was morally reprehensible a short time ago is now totally cool. Maybe the shock and outrage from the before times was fake?

I'm not actually condoning cheating. I'm suggesting NLI is gonna get abused in ways we haven't even imagined yet, and is actually a fairly bad idea. Brought to us by an organization with a long history of bad ideas.

Maybe NCAA football should institute a salary cap like other pro sports.
    No I got the point. You’re looking to blame societal change, the NCAA, even anyone who was outraged by Miller’s criminal acts for what occurred instead of the perp himself. Look, people were sent to jail for 30 years for selling pot earlier in my lifetime. Now, it’s legal in many states including Rockefeller’s New York, where as governor he instituted the harshest drug laws in the country. Things change, but cheating is still cheating.

No I got the point. You’re looking to blame societal change, the NCAA, even anyone who was outraged by Miller’s criminal acts for what occurred instead of the perp himself. Look, people were sent to jail for 30 years for selling pot earlier in my lifetime. Now, it’s legal in many states including Rockefeller’s New York, where as governor he instituted the harshest drug laws in the country. Things change, but cheating is still cheating.
    Fair enough. Obviously the legality of something can change over time, but I'm not quite sure how the morality of something can do a 180 in a short amount of time, unless you believe there is a 100% correlation between laws and morals.