So you did. Thanks.
    Hey, Fitty, you wanna help, don’t help.

Banchero playing tonight

So this how the best do it, huh, Jazz?

Mr. B is playing. Silence from Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Do this how the best do it, huh, Jazz?

Mr. B is playing. Silence from Admin.
    Yup. Duke is unassailable, they control the CBB media. Alums and wannabes like V. Their first statement essentially said, don’t call us, we’ll call you.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Wait, Banchero the only other guy in his vehicle beside driver? From the report, it sounds like it.

Why in the backseat by himself?

That, alone, is as odd as the charge...
    Cause he didn’t have a date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Close the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by zag944 View Post
    Close the thread!
    20 pages!!!

GU needs every opponent to be at full strength. Let’s hope Duke is at full strength. Should be a great competitive week coming up with UCLA and Duke. I think Zags could benefit from an early loss or two this season if it’s in the cards. A little fire in the belly from a loss never hurt any team.

And stop the closing thread nonsense. No one is forced to read any thread if you don’t like it.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    …and we don’t know that much about the circumstances. I wonder if the whole story will surface? Who’s going fall on the sword?
    He better not have been partying with the Duke lacrosse team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Banchero playing tonight
    It seems like suspending him now would have been a better move so they'd be more likely to have him against GU. This tells me that they might not even plan on suspending him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It seems like suspending him now would have been a better move so they'd be more likely to have him against GU. This tells me that they might not even plan on suspending him at all.
    They’re treating it like a ticket and it basically was. Not getting suspended which is fine imo.

- gu suspended josh perkins for being intoxicated and sitting in a parked car. that seemed fair.....to me.
    - in this case banchero was probably wasted (yes a guess) but plays into the narrative as old as alcohol and automobiles and teenagers, hey dude i'm wasted you drive my car. (police report says the car was banchero's)
    - this is a slam dunk abetting a dwi and duke will do what it will do, which is probably nothing, and if so once again gu culture tops duke culture.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    They’re treating it like a ticket and it basically was. Not getting suspended which is fine imo.
    I don’t know enough about the actual circumstances but it really seems like people were just pushing the don’t jump to conclusions and just move on and let the school handle this private matter on something more serious, by a more mature individual, with a lot more trust and responsibility placed on them. And I am not saying those people were wrong, just that maybe it’s best to practice what a significant portion of the board was preaching recently.

And as far as the charge against Paola, even if true, it should result in a penalty about one-twelfth as severe as the penalty for program’s head coach that actually gets a DUI. So, Duke should sit him out for ten minutes to of an exhibition or scrimmage or something important like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    It’s not just like a ticket. It’s a misdemeanor. Might even be a gross misdemeanor.

Jazz, pretty sure you said something along the lines of "Now, watch how the best of the best handle this situation." And "Ham handed vs caviar" Clearing implying that Dook would / will handle the PR side of this far better than GU did regarding Coach Few.

Swing and a miss. If you think this statement to the media / public is handling it better than at GU, I just don't know what to say...

What Coach K said about his grandson’s arrest and the charge facing Paolo Banchero

“We had a violation of our standards,” Krzyzewski said following Tuesday night’s game that saw his Blue Devils beat Gardner-Webb, 92-52. “We’ll handle that internally. We’re already handling it. It’s a violation of our standards and that’s it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coach-k-s...030407974.html

While it's a terrible situation for both events, Coach Few and the Dook players, I am not ashamed of how GU and Coach Few handled their situation.

Thought coach K's comments post game were pretty embarrassing.

When I was in high school I got in trouble for doing some stupid stuff while wearing my high school basketball hoodie. Coach came in to practice, made the whole team run a ton to get them pissed at me, then had me come in during lunches and clean all the backboards on a ladder with warm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Jazz, pretty sure you said something along the lines of "Now, watch how the best of the best handle this situation." And "Ham handed vs caviar" Clearing implying that Dook would / will handle the PR side of this far better than GU did regarding Coach Few.

Swing and a miss. If you think this statement to the media / public is handling it better than at GU, I just don't know what to say...

What Coach K said about his grandson’s arrest and the charge facing Paolo Banchero

“We had a violation of our standards,” Krzyzewski said following Tuesday night’s game that saw his Blue Devils beat Gardner-Webb, 92-52. “We’ll handle that internally. We’re already handling it. It’s a violation of our standards and that’s it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coach-k-s...030407974.html

While it's a terrible situation for both events, Coach Few and the Dook players, I am not ashamed of how GU and Coach Few handled their situation.
    You missed my point. They handled it better for them. Minimal blowback, buried the story, relied on cozy media to go along. Totally opaque because they can. A bit apples and oranges, however. Famed head coach vs star one and done and scrub with a name.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    You missed my point. They handled it better for them. Minimal blowback, buried the story, relied on cozy media to go along. Totally opaque because they can. A bit apples and oranges, however. Famed head coach vs star one and done and scrub with a name.

More like apples and trash.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I can recall when Grayson Allen, the Duke's star guard, was suspended indefinitely after tripping an opponent who was driving to the basket in a game against Elon in December 2017. It was his third offense, after tripping players from Louisville and Florida State the previous season.

His 'indefinite' suspension turned out to be one game.

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    I can recall when Grayson Allen, the Duke's star guard, was suspended indefinitely after tripping an opponent who was driving to the basket in a game against Elon in December 2017. It was his third offense, after tripping players from Louisville and Florida State the previous season.

That's what I'm talking about. There was some hand wringing by the CBB media, but went away in 48 hours.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-have-moved-on

Duke freshman forward Paolo Banchero, speaking for the first time since he was charged with aiding and abetting impaired driving during a Nov. 14 incident that involved teammate Michael Savarino, said Monday night that the Blue Devils "all learned from it" and have "moved on."

"My teammates had my back, so it wasn't too hard for me,'' Banchero said after scoring a career-high 28 points in Monday's 107-81 win over The Citadel. "I'm not going to say it wasn't on my mind the past two games. It was. I feel like today was a bounce-back game for me and I felt good out there.''

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post

Two words: Alex Caruso
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board