Thread: Who is the Best Team in College Basketball? -- Field of 68

Smile Who is the Best Team in College Basketball? -- Field of 68

They like Chet, but doubt his durability, think Paolo is the man. (Pretty interesting three-person conversation.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM9FKPLB18

Language Alert!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

After watching Duke I think they have the horses to beat the Zags next week by ten unfortunately. UCLA will be a very tough matchup as well. If either team decides to double up on Timmie it will be a long night for the bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by allnet59 View Post
    After watching Duke I think they have the horses to beat the Zags next week by ten unfortunately. UCLA will be a very tough matchup as well. If either team decides to double up on Timmie it will be a long night for the bulldogs.
    Why? lol that means someone wide open, and also means Timme bout to lay the smackdown anyways
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Lol Banchero ain't gonna be playing next week

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Lol Banchero ain't gonna be playing next week
    Why? Did I miss some news?

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    Why? Did I miss some news?
    Coach K grandson arrested for dwi with Banchero charged with aid and abetting this crime
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Coach K grandson arrested for dwi with Banchero charged with aid and abetting this crime
    Well I'm probably going to hedge my bets here a bit - Duke plays three games prior to the Vegas showdown; I'd imagine Banchero gets suspended for a couple prior to Black Friday, but not for that game itself.

Ouch. That’s going to hurt duke, what do you think the odds are they play him anyway? I wouldn’t be surprised to see a delayed punishment by duke to keep him for next week. It’s a big game for them on their hyper-marketed final coach k tour meaning a lot is riding on it for the school/network. Something like “waiting until all the facts come out” or “ indefinite suspension” that lasts one game wouldn’t surprise me- am I too cynical?

What a weird coincidence with few and his dui in the off-season.

Well I'm probably going to hedge my bets here a bit - Duke plays three games prior to the Vegas showdown; I'd imagine Banchero gets suspended for a couple prior to Black Friday, but not for that game itself.
    I’m thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
    Ouch. That’s going to hurt duke, what do you think the odds are they play him anyway? I wouldn’t be surprised to see a delayed punishment by duke to keep him for next week. It’s a big game for them on their hyper-marketed final coach k tour meaning a lot is riding on it for the school/network. Something like “waiting until all the facts come out” or “ indefinite suspension” that lasts one game wouldn’t surprise me- am I too cynical?

What a weird coincidence with few and his dui in the off-season.
    Lotta DUI going around this season it seems

‘Tis the season to DUI?

My guess is 1 game as he was not the intoxicated driver and the aid and abbetting is a new law only 3 years old and I think that would be fair and reasonable IMO grandson gets 3 game for DWI

i am also fairly confidant to wager that those who demanded this type of discussion cease when it involved our program will be on bandwagon to discuss and provide input for another program.......
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Completely disagree. Double Drew, that leaves Holmgren open. Drew is one of the best passing big men in the country. he’ll find the open man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    My guess is 1 game as he was not the intoxicated driver and the aid and abbetting is a new law only 3 years old and I think that would be fair and reasonable IMO grandson gets 3 game for DWI

i am also fairly confidant to wager that those who demanded this type of discussion cease when it involved our program will be on bandwagon to discuss and provide input for another program.......
    I think his grandson is in for far worse - according to everyone over at Reddit Savarino is the same kid who derailed Duke's shot at the postseason by going to a frat party before the ACC tournament and contracting covid.

Huh?

I hope they double Timme. You're post acts as if teams haven't already tried.

Drew had 6 assists last night when they fronted him and when flashed a double.

He found the open cutter/man, and even started finding Chet...who obviously rec some coaching following Texas game in terms of finding position in the post.

Texas doubled Timme nearly every touch in 2nd half. Sure, they were late, yet Timme either drew the foul or found guys like Rasir.

UCLA feels like they could be too experienced, too seamless, to gritty, clutch to beat right now, but Duke is going down.

Paolo will be a load yet so are our dynamic lineup.

From what I have seen of Paolo, he does not like contact and prefers to play on the perimeter. Most of his points that I have seen him score is on mid range jump shots. My guess would be play Watson on him and get physical with him. I would make that 7' guy Williams have to score 30 for them to beat us, and I don't think he could score 30 locked in a gym all by himself. Don't let Banchero go crazy and guard that freshman guard and the Zags win by 16, unless duke's coach starts cursing and crying to the refs and they fall for his crap. I don't think however their coach packs as much punch in Vegas as he does back east.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    They like Chet, but doubt his durability, think Paolo is the man. (Pretty interesting three-person conversation.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM9FKPLB18

Language Alert!

The one guy kept calling Paolo "Pablo." Interesting conversation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Smile 7'1" and 195 lbs

Little nervous about Chet getting banged around by good teams's bigs. (Have seen it already.). All that height and only 195 lbs. You can't defend in the paint if you're being muscled/"bulked" out of the way. More than half Chet's weight is above his waist, yes? He may have all the heart & fight in the world, but that's not a stout foundation.

Maybe against the best teams, Chet might be better utilized as a hybrid 3-4 (with emphasis on a 3). Holy cow, that kid is lean. Expecting a lot of experimentation on Chet's best position during our "conference season," which will get Chet acclimated for the tough opponents he's going to face in the Big Dance.

In this "early dance season," as it were, it's going to be really interesting how Few utilizes Chet/tweaks his role v. UCLA, then Duke, then 'Bama, then Texas Tech and uw.

Regarding the "68 Team" analysis, Gottlieb's take on GU is that we don't play defense. Isn't that "take" a bit dated? This isn't the Adam Morrison Era anymore.
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Regarding the "68 Team" analysis, Gottlieb's take on GU is that we don't play defense. Isn't that "take" a bit dated? This isn't the Adam Morrison Era anymore.
    According to KenPom, just, it's a dated and inaccurate take. We are the #1 offence, and #14 defense, assuming I understand the labels correctly.

https://kenpom.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!