Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GU v. Alcorn State - Predictions/Thoughts/What Do You Hope to See?

Default GU v. Alcorn State - Predictions/Thoughts/What Do You Hope to See?

The Zags host another opponent on Monday night.

How will they build on Saturday’s success? What needs to improve? Who wins and what is your prediction for a final score?
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 11-18-2021 at 08:06 PM.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

As long as our starters get some rest, I don't anticipate any problems. We should win by 25 easily. Will be Tom Glasgow and Foxy on the call; the other two amigos will be in Pullman calling the WSU game.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Thanks for putting this up MCMM... was super busy today... meant to put it up this morning but had to head out the door.

Alcorn has been playing their games pretty tight... but that being said, they played WSU, Portland, and Seattle U.

Bulldogs 104
    Braves 68
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 105 alcorn 61, looking forward to extended minutes for Hickman, Sallis, perry, and Gregg.

91-62 Gonzaga

Zags 107-62

Default GU v. Alcorn State - Predictions/Thought/What Do You Hope to See?

As always, no injuries. Hopefully we can see good minutes for Sallis and Perry this game.

Zags - 98
    Alcorn State - 65

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GU 105
    ASt 61
    GO ZAGS!!!

I want to see alot of Hickman, Sallis, Strawther and Kaden.
    America's Team!

I hope we stay healthy - nobody gets hurt. That will be my 1st hope on every one of these games. I hope Chet has a similar game to the Dixie State game. I hope Strawther takes better quality shots and passes to the open player when it is warranted. I hope we give a little rest to both Nembhard and Timme who played a lot of minutes last night. I hope Gonzaga hits 40% from beyond the arc for the 1st time this year. Not expecting it but one can hope. I hope we have 4 or 5 players in double figures in scoring - Gonzaga teams are at their best when they have a nice distribution of scoring and we don't completely rely on one player. I hope Hickman, Sallis, Perry, and Gregg get some good quality minutes which means the game is largely in the bag. I hope I don't come in last place again as I did against Texas when I predicted an 11 point loss. My apologies to the team and this board for completely underestimating this team.

I love Rasir Bolton - just so smooth. I have never seen a shot that went as high as his 3point shot did that he made to close out the half.

Zags 92 Alcorn State 67
    Love the Zags!!!

Zags 103
    Braves 66

So I just don’t think that Coach Few is going to use this game as anything except an opportunity to work with different lineups and coach up some of the younger players. We aren’t going to see heavy amount of Nembhard, Bolton, and Timme like we did against Texas. My guess is that they’ll win this game by between 15-25. Most likely scoring in the mid 80s. I also think we could see a big game from Watson. He might be the most improved.
    Getting vaccinated isn’t a political issue. It’s a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

107-60 Zags
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

93 - 62, Zags

97-63 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GU 105 - 67

Zags 104
    Alcorn 57

Just saw the line, it's plus 39. Sure hope Alcorn is getting a big check for this game. Hopefully no streaming issues, it's on Watch Stadium again.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Gonzaga 101
    Alcorn 63

I expect the starters to play quite a bit because they need to. The team is so young that Few will continue to play them for considerable minutes because the team is building chemistry, and the only way to do that is to have them play together a lot. so initially we'll see the regular rotation, until later in the game, probably the last 5 or 6 minutes when he'll begin to let bench players play more.

Even though the starters will play more they will play in a different way then they did on Sunday. They will be working on different plays and different sets that will emphasize running the offense. The new players need to continue to learn Few's offense, which IS very complicated. The game will look more like the Dixie St game where other players will do most of the scoring. I'm expecting Strawther and Holmgren to do the most scoring, and I'm expecting to see Watson and Hickman to play more minutes than usual.

The team will continue to work hard on defense, especially the first half. What do I hope to see? 10 or more three pointers. It's about time to see the Ninja Shooters come alive.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Beatdown coming. Joe Few gets a 3, kids get tacos.

Go ZAGS

Zags 101-59

Zags - 99
    Alcorn State - 48

Zags 99-61

Go!! Zags!!
    Last edited by bigblahla; 11-15-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Zags - 98
    Alcorn St. - 64

Zags 101-64