Thread: Post game media GU-Texas

Default Post game media GU-Texas

Last edited by Section 116; 11-13-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Mark Few quote in the post game locker room posted by Brenna Greene and Will Maupin: Few says he told the team in the locker room he thought Nembhard would have had 20+ assists if Timme didn’t take 19 dribbles every time he got a touch.

Brenna Green: Twitter:
    @BrennaGreene_
    ·
    1h
    “I’ve never played someone like that.”- Timmy Allen on Drew Timme.

Gonzaga beats Texas: What we learned and what it could mean in March
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...uld-mean-march

"I think the most important thing we learned is that Timme is the favorite to win national player of the year in Las Vegas and the only unanimous selection on the Associated Press preseason All-America team for a reason. On that stage against a top-five opponent on Saturday, he outclassed everyone, including Holmgren, when he scored 22 points in the first half of a game against a Longhorns squad that had just 27 points at the break."

ZZ

I liked the quote in one article on ESPN about how the Zags are now 4-0 against Texas. I believe that includes when Durant was playing there. But, I can't remember for sure.

I like Matt Norlander's article here:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...er-no-5-texas/
    GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Thank you for the post-game press conference link, ceo. Nice watch with the first cup of coffee. Too bad Beard can't be bothered to learn the correct pronunciation of 'Gonzaga.'

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

NP Reno

NSFW profanity

But back to Timme. He's exactly what you want for college hoops. He's a star who returned after getting exposed in the title game. He's a preseason All-American and the likely NPOY pick. He has a personality. He shows up. He is a damn good college basketball player who is even overshadowed a bit by Chet Holmgren. If you want to get into the nitty gritty, there's no one with better footwork in the post than Timme. Sure he could improve his range and move better with lateral quickness. But we're talking about him as a college basketball player. He's currently the best player in the game. Gonzaga is going to be good again. Drew Timme is going to keep talking ####.
    Embrace it.
    https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...-college-hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    “Andrew might have has 22 assists if Drew didn’t dribble the ball 19 times every time he got it”. Few

LOL

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Thank you for the post-game press conference link, ceo. Nice watch with the first cup of coffee. Too bad Beard can't be bothered to learn the correct pronunciation of 'Gonzaga.'
    He IS the coach at Texass!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    “Andrew might have has 22 assists if Drew didn’t dribble the ball 19 times every time he got it”. Few

LOL

ZZ
    was the best line in the presser. said they talked about in the locker room.

you know that's how little Drew was able to sneak around his Dad in the driveway...footwork/angles

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I liked the quote in one article on ESPN about how the Zags are now 4-0 against Texas. I believe that includes when Durant was playing there. But, I can't remember for sure.
    Correct. You can find all of our head-to-heads here:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...d-to-head.html

Our best records are against these teams

Oklahoma St 6-0
    Texas Southern 5-0
    West Virginia 5-0
    Texas 4-0

Funny thing, our most feared opponent is Oregon St. We are 0-12 against them, ha ha.

Gonzaga looked all-powerful on Saturday. What is similar about this team to last season's Zags, based on what you saw against Texas, and what's different? Are the changes significant in respect to Gonzaga's national title ambitions?
    With about 1:35 to play in the first half, Holmgren took the inbounds pass, dribbled nearly the length of the court and dumped it off in the post to Timme, who drew a foul. That's just a complicated assignment for any opponent. Which big man do you try to stop? Holmgren also altered shots on defense in an effort that will probably be respected more by the analytics than the raw numbers.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...uld-mean-march

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Lol.

Good comments, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Mark Few quote in the post game locker room posted by Brenna Greene and Will Maupin: Few says he told the team in the locker room he thought Nembhard would have had 20+ assists if Timme didn’t take 19 dribbles every time he got a touch.

Brenna Green: Twitter:
    @BrennaGreene_
    ·
    1h
    “I’ve never played someone like that.”- Timmy Allen on Drew Timme.
    Yeah but, those are "SET UP" dribbles....taken em left...taken em right...gonna be another BIG scoring night!

Thanks 116 that was a fun thread to read

I just listened to the Eye on College Basketball podcast. Norlander went to Spokane to watch the game in person. One thing he mentioned was that there are seats at McCarthey that cost over a million dollars. Holy crap!
    Bring back the OCC

That was a fun podcast! https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...AAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I just listened to the Eye on College Basketball podcast. Norlander went to Spokane to watch the game in person. One thing he mentioned was that there are seats at McCarthey that cost over a million dollars. Holy crap!

They are also on YouTube now.

https://youtu.be/dCMr0qnom2k