Thread: Most of you have no idea

Default Most of you have no idea

How insane this board would have been all week leading up to a game like this 10-12 years ago.

Those were the days.

Beat the Longhorns, and let’s get excited doods.

Go Zags!
    Bring back the OCC

Wonder if message boards will go the way of the dinosaurs with younger generations? I remember when I was in college everyone was one here and contributing, do we ever see students in here anymore?

Back then we would have been the hunter instead of the hunted and the energy on GU Boards was different. More complacency (or lack of nervous energy?) now. Also many of the legendary posters are gone along some of the goofy schtick/banter & insider tidbits that made it must-read.

Too much bickering these days and even the classics like the bunnies and beverage thread seem pro forma. Where's the new blood?

The thing that caught my eye was how many people picked Texas in the prediction thread. We were more confident (perhaps foolishly so) then.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Wonder if message boards will go the way of the dinosaurs with younger generations? I remember when I was in college everyone was one here and contributing, do we ever see students in here anymore?
    Speaking as a dinosaur, I graduated at least 25 years before message boards were invented. I think the students grew tired of seeing posts like mine, so they left.

LOL, who the heck knows?

I think other Social Media (ie Twitter) and other sites have given Zag fans other venues. Those didn’t really exist 10-12 years ago. And even during GUBoards heyday, my estimate is less than 10 percent of Zag fans were aware of our existence.

In my book, it’s all good … and the Zags best days still lie ahead.

“To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    Some cherry picked stats

Most NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    Most FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0