Thread: It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Texas

Default It's Game Day Gonzaga vs Texas

It's Gameday,the best day of them all. Gonzaga Bulldogs vs Texas Longhorns
    oupl
    I don't know about you but I've been waiting for this game for a long time...months. There has certainly been written and said about this game, a lot of good things said for both teams. This is the kind of game that I love because no matter what we say, we really don't know who's going to win, and that makes it so very exciting. I don't know all that much about Texas because Idon't follow other schools as much as some people here on this BOARD. What I know about them I have learned from our fans who write here. It sounds like they have some great players, and possibly a few of the best in the country. And I know about their coach, and I know he is really good, and really tough. I also know that Texas beat us a few years back in what was also a great game. And I know that Gonzaga has beaten Texas many times and certainly more than theyve beaten us.

I know a lot more about Gonzaga, that's for sure. I have followed them closerly for many years now. And I know that Mark Few is one of the verry best coaches in the country. Gonzaga also has a lot of great players and, for sure, a few of them ARE some of the best in the country: Tille, Nembhard and Holmgren. If there are are any of you who are reading this blog that haven't seen these guys play you are in for a treat tonight. And there is a fourth player Strawther, who is an up and coming star. He has all the skills and desire to be a very good player this year. He's another one to get excited about for tonight's game.

So who knows? It's going to be a whole lot of fun I thin. Another GREAT Gonzaga game in preseason. So I'm getting my Zag gear on and I'm gettin ready. I can hardly wait for 7:30 pm to roll around. So let's get ready to rock and roll.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I'm hoping it starts at 7:30, but am prepared for 7:45. There's a CFB game on the Deuce that will precede our game. Games on ROOT always start on time, national TV, not so much. Anyways, I am far more worried about UCLA than the Longhorns, my word, did UCLA rise to the occasion last night or what?
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Thanks Bornie, I always look forward to your game day threads. I'm waffling between watching it at home, and heading over to the local sports bar.

Money's going to be tight for the foreseeable future...we're doing fine, but we're supporting two families, in a good way: our second granddaughter arrived two weeks ago, albeit 11 weeks premature. She's getting stronger every day, but the poor thing is so tiny, she's up to a pound and a half...she'll be in NICU for weeks. Doctors say she's been feisty, a TZF family trait, so she's got that going for her. Her dad's on paternity leave, taking care of our 17 month old granddaughter.

I think I can spare the coinage to go out tonight. I'm nervous about the game, but am not afraid of losing. Texas fans are very respectful of the Zags, have been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I'm hoping it starts at 7:30, but am prepared for 7:45. There's a CFB game on the Deuce that will precede our game. Games on ROOT always start on time, national TV, not so much. Anyways, I am far more worried about UCLA than the Longhorns, my word, did UCLA rise to the occasion last night or what?
    I just checked the TV Guide. It should start at 7:30 your time, as there's a College Football Scoreboard at 7. That should provide some relief against the game running over.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    It's Gameday, the best day of them all...

Go Zags!!!
    And it is a Reborn Game Day post, the best post/thread of the week. These always start my game day off with a smile. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    ...our second granddaughter arrived two weeks ago, albeit 11 weeks premature. She's getting stronger every day, but the poor thing is so tiny, she's up to a pound and a half...she'll be in NICU for weeks. Doctors say she's been feisty, a TZF family trait, so she's got that going for her. Her dad's on paternity leave, taking care of our 17 month old granddaughter.

I think I can spare the coinage to go out tonight. I'm nervous about the game, but am not afraid of losing. Texas fans are very respectful of the Zags, have been for years.
    Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Apparently your new granddaughter wanted to be here for the entire Gonzaga season. Glad to read she is getting stronger every day.

Wish I could buy you a beer as I appreciate your support of the Zags. Half of my Dallas based in-laws went to Texas, so I get some solace that the Zags are well represented by you and your grandson.

Thanks Bornie, I always look forward to your game day threads. I'm waffling between watching it at home, and heading over to the local sports bar.

Money's going to be tight for the foreseeable future...we're doing fine, but we're supporting two families, in a good way: our second granddaughter arrived two weeks ago, albeit 11 weeks premature. She's getting stronger every day, but the poor thing is so tiny, she's up to a pound and a half...she'll be in NICU for weeks. Doctors say she's been feisty, a TZF family trait, so she's got that going for her. Her dad's on paternity leave, taking care of our 17 month old granddaughter.

your family will be in my prayers, my friend....Im happy to hear that she' doing okay....She comes from a very strong family. Thanks for sharing this with us...God Bless!

Go Zags

i'm happy I can contribute some to this wonderful Basketball Forum and GUBoards

Go Zags!!!

I'm sitting here thinking about the game, and have butterflies flowing deep in me.

I'm off to go to lunch with my son It's my birthday. 74 today.

Go Zags!!!

I've been pretty excited about this game, perhaps moreso than Gonzaga vs UCLA. This will be a very good barometer for Gonzaga, although of course it is a long season and these early games often don't tell the whole story. I'm interested to see what lessons Mark Few takes from the Baylor game against opponents like Texas.

I'm sitting here thinking about the game, and have butterflies flowing deep in me.

I'm off to go to lunch with my son It's my birthday. 74 today.

Go Zags!!!
    happy happy B day Reborn

I got present for ya tonight….should be delivered around 10:15 pm

Happy Birthday! I am pretty anxious about tonight to see what the team can do against another top team. Last year, Suggs introduced himself to the national spotlight with that Dunk against Kansas. Now we have Holmgren with even more publicity to start the season so things will be interesting. Personally, I want Strawther to shine tonight. Patience pays for those willing to weight and I want people to remember the Tricky Trio and the fact Gonzaga still has two stars in the making from that group (Harris is injured still but wanted to give him credit too).

Those Zag fans who like football, and are wondering how to do something fun while waiting for the basektball game, Notre Dame plays U ov Virginia at 4:30.....football

Red face Couple of Hotshot Recruits in the Building Tonight

Zags's #1 v. Texas's #5 is one BIG motivation to win this game. Two more BIG motivations are the presence of two Hotshot recruits:
    Jared McCain
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...4/jared-mccain

Dusty Stromer
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b.../dusty-stromer

Kennel needs to rock.

:]

<Betting Texas high schooler Anthony Black (who visited earlier) will be paying close attention too.>
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by ET2021 View Post
    I've been pretty excited about this game, perhaps moreso than Gonzaga vs UCLA. This will be a very good barometer for Gonzaga, although of course it is a long season and these early games often don't tell the whole story. I'm interested to see what lessons Mark Few takes from the Baylor game against opponents like Texas.
    I too am real eager to see how Zags perform vs a Beard coached defense that we all know is designed to muck up things, slow the pace and force an ugly half court kind of game. How the refs call the handsy, aggressive Beard style D will be huge. I also expect Texas players to try and bang the sh** out of Holmgren and punish him physically. A great opponent for Zags early on because very few if any teams this season will be able to match Zags’ pace and offensive firepower…so Beard will provide a blueprint of how many teams will try to beat the Zags.

I am hoping Strawther blows up tonight and is just on fire from deep with Nembhard being more assertive offensively too. Those two scoring will open up the inside for Timme to punish them. No idea why but I suspect Holmgren will dominate the game on the defensive end while his teammates do the scoring.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

I just checked the TV Guide. It should start at 7:30 your time, as there's a College Football Scoreboard at 7. That should provide some relief against the game running over.
    So far so good. Kentucky / Vandy will start the 4th Q with an hour to finish their game. E-NEWS probably won't be needed (I fully realize that not everyone gets that channel, I have to pay for Spectrum Sports Tier to get it). KGA just went hot and Ammo is back !
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

Well 20 minutes before Game Time. The Zags just came out of the locker room and are running to begin the layup drill. The Kennel Club is hot, hot, hot, and are going crazy. Its really hot in K2. The Kenel Club is going crazy as the warm ups continue, and Texas is already feeling the heat of the Kennel Club. Their players finally realize why its so hard for a visiting team to win in the kennel. the newer Zags who have not seen a rowdy crowd in K2 are soooo excited. They love the feeling inside K2 and are glad that they went to GU. The crowd is buzzing because everyone knows that they are about to see a Great Game. Wish I was there.

Go Zags!!!

TZF: I am so sorry that your family will have to go through the worry. I am glad to hear she is getting stronger every day. Neonatologists have come so far in the last few decades. I wish you well through the stress.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Thanks for the one star.

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    TZF: I am so sorry that your family will have to go through the worry. I am glad to hear she is getting stronger every day. Neonatologists have come so far in the last few decades. I wish you well through the stress.
    Thanks, DZ. We're taking it day by day. The good days have outnumbered the bad days, it's a roller coaster ride.

Thanks for the one star.

Go Zags!!!
    Tough crowd...wasn't me.

Reborn I also want to thank you for everything that you do for the forum. I have appreciated all of your comments and insights into the games and the players. Plus all of the information that you find for us. You prove that being positive about games and players is very enjoyable to read. I do not post very often but I read and follow alot. It is so interesting to see the growth of the GU basketball, the univeristy, and the GU nation from 1963 until today. Each time that I think it cannot get any better, Few and company pull out another rabbit out of their hat.

Thanks again and am looking forward to another great season.

Thanks for the one star.

Go Zags!!!
    I think that was actually a Lone Star given in honor of Drew Timme’s exceptional performance against his home state’s team.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.